I hope you enjoyed your April Fools day as much as I did; was really fun to write this mockup changelog for you all ^^. For the record, I literally had to sit down and think to myself, what are the worst possible updates I could release, and furthermore what changes would kill the server most absolutely. For those that came late for the joke, all the posts that were "-snipped" on the thread about this joke were actually all comments that said 'HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!' and gave the joke away way too early, when we still got some people to believe it hehe!
But no, none of the changes listed will ever occur as long as I can help it except for the 1st and 2nd bullet points, I actually DID do that. We'll be working on the real Patch 2.5 and hopefully have it ready for release sometime this upcoming week!
We're going to start pre-announcing patches before they go live so we can get some general feedback on all of our upcoming updates, and so we can make any changes that may be needed before release. With that out of the way, here is what we have planned for patch 2.5, scheduled to drop in a few hours.
- Fixed a dependency issue with Citizens, caused the skill system combat and character cards to break.
- Fixed mob spawning rates.
- Added a 60 second delay to OOC messages to solve some of the apparent trolling and misconduct that has been occurring in the OOC chat.
- Extend local chat by 100 blocks to compensate for the changes of OOC. (Original: 30 blocks)
- Removed shout and whisper channels, as they were not being utilized the way we wanted them to be; plus they will no longer be needed with the extended local chat.
- Fixed the crazy overpowered poison spider venom.
- Skill System max level has been dropped from 275 to 200. Any accounts with more than 200 levels have been reset and given 200 skill credits. This is for game-play balancing.
- Map size will be shrunken down to 4,000 x 4,000, just like the Aegis map; this is both for fixes to the latency and to centralize roleplaying more on the GM-made structures.
- Beds can now be used during the day as well as night!
- You will now be required to reroll your character on death. Failure to do so will result in an automatic 1 month ban, regardless if the kill was IC or OOC.
We'll be renaming the four default races to better fit our lore and gameplay feel. Here's a breakdown of all the new races:
Human - Zelot
Dwarf - Rockary
Elf - Alfefe
Orc - Grunshie
We'll be enforcing these new race names very strictly, any mention of the old names in lore posts or anything else related to LOTC will result in a permanent ban. We don't normally respond so strictly, but we feel it is critical to the survival of the server. All forums and in-game locations will be renamed accordingly to support this new naming system.
Thanks for your continued support and general awesomeness LOTC, keep it up! (And be sure to let us know what you think of this awesome new upcoming patch!)
p.s: April fools.