NOTE: People who already have applications submitted; the application format and questions have been updated, so you'll need to update your application if you still wish to be an LM! If you update your application, add [Updated] to your title. For those who have NOT written an application yet, read on!
We are once again looking for some amazing, creative writers to join our ranks as Loremasters! If all goes well, we hope to add between two and four potential applicants to our current team of two. If you have a knack for writing, then you should consider filling out an application and possibly gain the amazing perks that come with this one of a kind position! They are listed here:
- Awesome [LM] tag in OOC chat.
- Nifty Loremaster group on the forums, which grants FM capabilities to the Lore and Ideas subforum.
- Access to a private skype chat with the Senior Admins of LotC.
- Respect of your fellow players.
- The ability to mold and shape Lord of the Craft’s story-line.
- Have your works read by the over 6,000 unique visitors lordofthecraft.net receives every day.
- Bragging rights! (of course)
Now that you know the benefits involved with being a Loremaster, you are probably wondering what it takes to be qualified for it. Well, to be an LM...
- You MUST know the server’s lore like the back of your hand, you will be tested and quizzed on the material.
- You need great writing skills; I’ll expand on this a bit more down bellow.
- You have to have time to dedicate to your job, minimum of 1-2 hours online everyday, unless you tell us you’ll be absent ahead of time.
By great writing skills, I mean that you are able to take a simple, boring sentence and turn it into an enticing passage that gets the readers of it on their seats, excited for every next word. You'll be expected to have perfect spelling (you can use Google if you don't know how to spell a word), exceptional grammar, and an expansive vocabulary so you aren't using the same boring words repeatedly.
Well now you are at the end of this announcement, and either you do or don't want to apply for this awesome position and it's perks. If you don't, then you probably haven't even read this far or should leave now. If you are interested, however, then you can click here to apply!