Greetings applicant! Welcome to The Lord of the Craft!
Before you can begin playing on our server, you need to Apply.
The following guide is designed to walk you through that process.
- Create an account on our forums, found here.
- Read our server rules, found here.
- Get free, ready-to-use skins here.
- Join our Discord, where you can ask questions and request free skins, here.
- You must be at least thirteen (13) years old to join LotC. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- You must have completely read the server rules to be accepted.
- Your application must entirely be your own original work. Plagiarism isn’t tolerated. If you plagiarize any section of your application, you will be denied.
- You cannot create a noble or royal character, or create a character that is friends with a noble or royal, without the permission of the player whose character’s child, or friend, you will be playing.
You cannot create a character that:
- Possesses or knows the details of magic.
- Is physically flawless or is omniscient, as these are both classified as powergaming.
Your Character Age must be at least 18.
- Humans, elves, and dwarves all reach physical and mental maturity at 18.
- Culturally, humans reach maturity at the standard 18 years, while dwarves and elves reach this at 50 with the exception of snow elves at 30.
- Halflings reach physical and mental maturity at 33.
- Orcs reach physical mature anywhere between 12-18, and they mentally mature at 18.
- You can create an evil character; however, you should keep in mind that villainous characters must adhere to our villainy rules, and poor-quality villainy roleplay could lead to Moderation intervention.
- Remember to read all notes under each text box. Some of these include requirements for your application, helpful tips, and so on.
- Your Character Skin should match the gender, race, and physical description (as best as possible) of your character.
- Generally, try to keep your application free of grammar mistakes and spelling errors. We aren’t looking for perfection, but a well-written application makes the reviewing process much smoother
Check often to see if a Community Team member has reviewed your application. You will receive either an Accepted, Pending, or Denied response with a comment explaining what to do next.
- While waiting to be reviewed, feel free to log onto LotC as a [Soul]. Souls are the unwhitelisted rank that applicants have, allowing them to fly and explore, as well as chat with members of our community in the [WS] chat channel. Our players and staff are always happy to help with questions, so don't be afraid to ask! Our Community Team members have a [C] prefix in-game if you ever are looking to PM someone with a question.
- Be sure to save your application in a separate program like Google Docs or Microsoft Word while you're working on it, just in case!