Greetings Applicant! Welcome to The Lord of the Craft!
Before you can begin playing on our server, you need to Apply.
The following guide is designed to walk you through that process.
First things First:
- Due to the potential for semi-mature content, you must be at least thirteen (13) years old to join LotC.
- Your application must entirely be your own original work. Plagiarism is illegal, and that isn’t tolerated.
- You cannot create a noble or royal character.
- You cannot create an otherworldly or magical character.
- You cannot create a physically supernatural character.
- You cannot create an omniscient-type character, most knowledge should be learned in-game.
Your character must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Culturally, Elven characters below the age of fifty (50) may be treated as an adolescent.
- You can create an evil character, however, you should keep in mind that villainous characters must adhere to our villainy rules, and poor-quality villainy roleplay could lead to a blacklist.
When posting your Application:
- You must have completely read the server rules to be accepted.
- Your character backstory (aka bio) must include at least two direct references to LotC lore. For help with this, consult the wiki, found here, or the implemented lore section of the forums, found here.
- Your character’s name, age, and skin should reflect their race. For names, you are free to come up with something unique or use a generator from another fantasy universe. We understand that it can be difficult to find decent skins, so just try your best! If need be, you are free to look for something in our skin archive, found here.
- Your Interesting Facts should include something positive, something neutral, and something negative. The most important part of this section is the negative characteristic, whether a mental trait or physical ailment, having a character with imperfections makes for better roleplay.
- Generally, try to keep your application free of grammar mistakes and spelling errors. We aren’t looking for perfection, but a well-written application makes the reviewing process much smoother.
After it’s Posted:
- Keep checking to see if a Community Team member has picked up your application. You will receive either an Accepted, Pending, or Denied response. Most of the time, apps are placed on Pending, which means you need to make a few changes before you can be accepted. Once you’ve made the requested changes, send the Community Team member who is handling your application a message on the forums.
- While waiting to be reviewed, feel free to log-on the server as a [Soul]. This is the unwhitelisted rank that applicants have, allowing them to fly around and explore the map, as well as chat with members of our community in the [WS] chat channel. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, whether they are about applying, roleplay, or whatever else you want to know about LotC. Our staff and players are always happy to help out new applicants!