The Cult Of The Frozen Night

CommunistSpy

The Cult of the Frozen Night

You lay in your bed, consumed in a deep and peaceful slumber. You stir slightly as a rush of cold air enters your room, causing you to open your eyes. You may notice a window open, or perhaps a door left cracked open a little. You lethargically rise to your feet, looking around. To your surprise, you find a small sealed envelope on the floor. The envelope is sealed with red wax, a small ‘N’ pressed into it. The envelope feels cold to the touch as you pick it up and examine it.

Do you open the envelope? (If you do, click the spoiler!)

You carefully break the wax seal on the envelope, opening it. A letter is tucked inside, as well as a small metallic object. You pick up the letter, holding it up to the light so you can read it better.

“Hello. A few things are probably on your mind right now, such as why you have received this envelope. We have been observing you for some time, and we believe you would be a valuable addition to our ranks. Who are ‘we’? We are the Frozen Night - an organization dedicated to the study of the North, and those that reside within it. You should consider yourself lucky; by receiving this letter, clearly the Master has looked upon you favorably. You are now being presented with an opportunity - a chance to gain knowledge, power, and magic beyond your understanding. Should you desire to accept this one-time chance, then wear the ring enclosed within this envelope. The rest will fall into place.”

The letter is signed with a simple, large ‘N’ near the bottom. You examine the envelope further, withdrawing the metallic object. You roll the object around between your fingers - it is a charred, black ring, composed of twisted metal bands. Your fingers feel a bit numb as you touch it, as if the ring itself was unnaturally cold. . .

OOC Information and Application

Purpose:

The Cult of the Frozen Night is a group designed to allow players to participate in cult activities, raids, and other events with the official antagonist, the Black Scourge. Another goal for the Frozen Night is to provide fun villainous roleplay for everyone involved. Players who join the Cult will have an increased chance in joining the official antagonist, and may even learn magic, should they be dedicated enough!

Ranks:

1) The Listener - Taking his or her orders directly from the leaders of the Black Scourge, The Listener is responsible for running the Cult. He or she has final say when it comes to promotion of the lower ranks, as well as recruitment. The Listener is also responsible for assigning tasks to The Seekers, and the Chosen if necessary.

2) The Overseers  - Those known as The Overseers tend to be lower ranking Black Scourge members, although any in the Scourge may be eligible for this rank. The Overseers watch over new members, including The Chosen and The Seekers. Their primary responsibility is to allocate tasks and jobs to the lower ranks, as well as coordinate the other ranks in raids and events.

3) The Chosen - Composed of The Seekers who have passed a series of tests, The Chosen are the only rank which may be added to the Black Scourge. They are more trusted than The Seekers, and usually assist the Scourge in various ways. As a reward for their loyal service, The Seekers have more access to the knowledge and power of the Black Scourge.

4) The Seekers - These are the lowest rank of the Frozen Night Cultists. They have to do multiple things to prove their worth, which may include inciting violence, assassinating targets, burning structures, causing chaos, gathering information, spying and the like. Doing much of the “grunt” work, the Frozen Night heavily relies on The Seekers to maintain itself. To be a Chosen and advance in rank, they must complete a specific task chosen by the Listener specifically, to prove their worth, as well as finish any tasks given to them by The Overseers.

Application (Must fill out to join. You can PM this to me privately if you prefer.):

MC Name:

RP Name:

Skype Username:

Accepted Evils (VA Required):

Why do you want to join? (IC Answer Please!):

MC Name: B3ast_mod

RP Name: Dunkov the confused

Skype Username: crome_saber

Accepted Evils (VA Required): Still getting em, new char.

Why do you want to join? (IC Answer Please!): "Unlike do's idiots, Dunkov respects dem so called monsturz! They be livin' creature toh!  I would gladly sacrifice my own physical body to uphold dem rights!

((You happy TimeLord? Here, you can have my hippy pro antag char))

MC Name: mthdominator

RP Name: Kaldo Kor'inthsil Raven'kor

Skype Name: rivervalelord (I believe you have me as a buddy.)

Evils: Accepte for 1abc, 2abc.

Why?: "Justice. Something easily twisted in the mind of the vindicator. Ethics demand justice be merciful, and kind hearted, yet; Cruelty works best, this one has learned. This one demands to be unhindered by the laws of men and mali, the morals of the self righteous. This one believes this calling to be his answer. To state my answer in the simplest terms I can provide: Immunity from morals is desired. Power can lead to this. Obviously- I am intreagued."

Fumble screams as he picks the ring up...

His mother and father run in

"Wha' in da name o' Knox Fum'le!?"

The halfling child holds the ring up...

"I's da un ring!"

The family of halflings journey to Mt. Gloom where they throw the ring into the firey pits.

MC Name: kido122

RP Name: Maehr'Celia

Skype Username: Will be pm'ed upon request

Accepted Evils (VA Required): 1a, 1b, and 2a as of now

Why do you want to join? (IC Answer Please!): I have spent a great deal of my life on my own, moving from town to town and making few "friends" along the way, as enemies are far easier to make. Never have a found a purpose to fill the void I have in my soul, no matter how hard I have tried to fill it. Receiving this letter has given me a chance at a greater purpose the deeds I have already done and I am gladly willing to join a group suiting my needs.

Briza rolls the ring in her hand, closing her eyes, the breeze at the top of the grove blowing past her "Well I did it~" She laughs, watching the city infront of her.

MC Name: kido122

RP Name: Maehr'Celia

Skype Username: Will be pm'ed upon request

Accepted Evils (VA Required): 1a, 1b, and 2a as of now

Why do you want to join? (IC Answer Please!): I have spent a great deal of my life on my own, moving from town to town and making few "friends" along the way, as enemies are far easier to make. Never have a found a purpose to fill the void I have in my soul, no matter how hard I have tried to fill it. Receiving this letter has given me a chance at a greater purpose the deeds I have already done and I am gladly willing to join a group suiting my needs.

MC Name: mthdominator

RP Name: Kaldo Kor'inthsil Raven'kor

Skype Name: rivervalelord (I believe you have me as a buddy.)

Evils: Accepte for 1abc, 2abc.

Why?: "Justice. Something easily twisted in the mind of the vindicator. Ethics demand justice be merciful, and kind hearted, yet; Cruelty works best, this one has learned. This one demands to be unhindered by the laws of men and mali, the morals of the self righteous. This one believes this calling to be his answer. To state my answer in the simplest terms I can provide: Immunity from morals is desired. Power can lead to this. Obviously- I am intreagued."

Accepted!

((Quick question. If I already received a partial-initiation from the Black Scourge, what would applying do...?))

((Quick question. If I already received a partial-initiation from the Black Scourge, what would applying do...?))

(( Applying would give you a clear and solid process by which you could gain access to the Scourge, or at least participate in some of their activities/events. ))

MC Name: Treshure

RP Name: Gorlekk Ly'Di

Skype Username: jason.trackter

Accepted Evils (VA Required): 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b.

Why do you want to join? (IC Answer Please!): Mi Gorlekky liek tu klompzy! Deh cheeleh muns tulk'd tu mi aftah Gorlekky reepud eeup dah leetul stoophed Doon'yun n' beehoowed hees buns 'ta gwund. Deh cheeluh mun wulk'd up too meh n' hendud mi wed stun. Eet gluws! Mi tink dees fat uf deh Speereets, su mi appleh.

(Translation: Me Gorlekky like to kills! The chilly mans talked to me after Gorlekky ripped up little stupid Adunians and burrowed his bones into the ground. The chilly man walked up to me and handed me a red stone. It glows! Me think this's fate of the Spirits, so me apply.)

MC Name: Treshure

RP Name: Gorlekk Ly'Di

Skype Username: jason.trackter

Accepted Evils (VA Required): 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b.

Why do you want to join? (IC Answer Please!): Mi Gorlekky liek tu klompzy! Deh cheeleh muns tulk'd tu mi aftah Gorlekky reepud eeup dah leetul stoophed Doon'yun n' beehoowed hees buns 'ta gwund. Deh cheeluh mun wulk'd up too meh n' hendud mi wed stun. Eet gluws! Mi tink dees fat uf deh Speereets, su mi appleh.

(Translation: Me Gorlekky like to kills! The chilly mans talked to me after Gorlekky ripped up little stupid Adunians and burrowed his bones into the ground. The chilly man walked up to me and handed me a red stone. It glows! Me think this's fate of the Spirits, so me apply.)

MC Name: Jallentime

RP Name: Heial

Skype Username: Jallentime

Accepted Evils (VA Required): 1a, 3, 4ab http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/77214-delaselvas-minor-va/

Why do you want to join? (IC Answer Please!): "I built us a sodding kitchen!"

Accepted!

MC Name:

Zilldude

RP Name:

Azoth

Skype Username:

Zilldude

1a - Thievery

1c - Arson

2a - Murder

2b - Pleasure Murder

2c - Torture/Kidnapping

4 - Chaos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Frozen Night,

I wish to join your ranks for selfish reasons, yes. If I told you anything else, I'd be lying to you. Your promise of magical knowledge is astounding and interests me. I have nothing more to add to your request.

- Azoth

Vierna sits ontop of the Malinor wall, kind of glad she doesn't have to go through Aleris again.

MC Name:

Zilldude

RP Name:

Azoth

Skype Username:

Zilldude

1a - Thievery

1c - Arson

2a - Murder

2b - Pleasure Murder

2c - Torture/Kidnapping

4 - Chaos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Frozen Night,

I wish to join your ranks for selfish reasons, yes. If I told you anything else, I'd be lying to you. Your promise of magical knowledge is astounding and interests me. I have nothing more to add to your request.

- Azoth

Accepted.