The Shad'rin Reformed ((Now Recruiting.))

deathmetus

69DwsOb.jpg

We are a Clan of Men and Women dedicated to protecting the land for the people. We protect it by any means necessary. We break certain laws to protect the rights and lives of the people we serve and protect.

However we are not a band of thieves, assassins, or bandits. We are neutral to all Nations and Factions and we are not a military force. We are scouts, diplomats, builders, farmers, and gatherers. We do train in combat, yet we always try to find other means to solve our issues. We believe in peace for the sake of peace. We do not discriminate against any race or religion, but if it causes one to have animosity towards other members then such a person will be removed.

We watch over the people, but do not interfere with their lives unless it affects the land or the people as a whole. A single life, a single house of nobility, or even a single Nation could mean nothing in the grand scheme of life. We want the land to remain whole and at peace. We will do anything to achieve this goal. If a decision should be made to commit a few crimes for the greater good, we will do it.

Ranks

The Har’shadin

The leader of the Shad’rin in spirit and in goals. While he/she does not run the day to day operations of the Clan, this leader serves as the master architect of the goals and the future plans to the guild. This person does not seek for power or glory, merely for a future of greatness for the Shad’rin and the World at large.

Shadow Commanders

The true leaders of the Clan. They run the day to day operations which can include anything from the management of the Fortress and new recruits: Fort Commander, to the development of naval control, scouting, and the development of Economic prowess: Fleet Commander, to the development of the Shad’rin in worldwide political standing as well as the creation of hubs for Shad’rin and contracts within the various cities and countries of the world: the Shadow Ambassador. ((Names are temporary as these positions need names that match more with the Shad’rin and the Har’shadin.))

Shadow Marked

These are the fully blooded members of the Clan who carry out the work of the day to day operations. This can include the gathering of food and materials for maintenance of the and other Shad’rin Hubs, to the maintenance of the Shadow Fleet and the operating of banks and supply zones for trade with nations and the aid of refugees and those in need, to the act of actively scouting or the actions of completing contracts that are accepted by the Shadow Council for those who request the Shad’rin’s aid.

Shadows

New members who serve only to learn and gain an understanding for the Shad’rin and their place within it. They will train in the Fortress until they are ready for their first mission or contract as decided by the Council, then they may become fully blooded members. They may also serve to garrison the fort in times of strife and war, or in times when other clans seek to raid our lands.

The Goals and Tenants

The Tenants of Our Clan

There are but three tenants that we must maintain as true Shad’rin.

1. Neutrality

We are neutral towards all nations, guilds, factions, and races as long as they do not actively seek to destroy our world. We are bound by no Kingdom. We do not take part in political conflicts nor conflicts between nations unless they threaten the world or the people we serve.

1. Equality

We are all equal together under the code and tenants of our Clan. All work is done equally by all members of the Clan. While we have Commanders, we do not set them above to rule, we set them to lead the men alongside them.

1. Liberty

We will do whatever is necessary to complete our goals, we are not bound by the laws of men nor the morals of the divine, we are only bound by our honor to serve the world at large.

The Goals of Our Clan

• To balance the power of nations, guilds, and factions within the world, to remove that which too far splits established factions and weakens the land, and to remove those factions that are too powerful and upset the balance of factions.

• To aid the people so that no man is subject to cruel establishment, no man dies of hunger, and no man lives alone on the roads without a choice. We serve the people, and while in serving the people we may gain glory or power, we do not seek such things for ourselves.

• To serve in any way possible to help those people who most need our help through contracts that we establish with the people throughout the land.

History and Lore

History of the Clan

The Founding

It was many years ago during a war known to many, and by many different names, the Rise of the Undead, the Fall of Aegis, the End of the World. It was during this dark conflict that the unity of the world was threatened, the long standing alliances between Nations, Guilds, and other Factions began to crumble and from these grew more and more groups that split and created inner conflict in what should have been a united front against the coming darkness. It was then that two men had visions, visions of a unified Aegis, a strong Aegis, a time where the people would fight together, and become stronger.

These men were the Hochmeister Gaius Marius, and a Ranger known as Miles.

These men each had visions of a Unified land. Yet they differed in their ideals, and almost simultaneously began their journeys towards a better life for the people. Gaius went on to found an Order of strength and order, an order of military men and women working together towards the common goal, and attacking and defeating many of their enemies.

Miles began more silently, recruiting men and women from all over Aegis, first only in person, and then allowing news of his “Shadow Rangers” to be heard and then some few flocked to his Clan. Whereas Gaius was military, Miles was secretive and focused on subterfuge. Men flocked to both, though where Gaius grew to power, and became a great leader of a nation, Miles kept his operation small, located in the heart of the conflict.

The Mantle of Responsibility

A rich lord by name of Codrik joined the Clan as he felt in his heart the truest calling. He provided them with support in both close personal work, and a development of a home for the Clan. A small fortress was built, and there the recruits came to learn, train, and work in the Clan. Codrik so grew that he became Lieutenant to Miles, serving as a leader in all operations of the day to day.

One day while searching in the archives for his family line, Codrik discovered an old legend of the protectors of old known as the Shad’rin. As he read the legend he became a believer that they were these protectors, that they were the new Shad’rin. Bringing this to Miles he asked to treat this as fact, to take up the Mantle of Protectors, as was told in the days of old. Miles, though not a believer in truth, granted him such, and so they became the Shad’rin.

Under this new name the Clan flourished in Aegis, even then Miles wrote to the leaders of the realm and gained allies amongst Men in Oren, Elves in Malinor, the Traders of Alras, and the Soldiers of the Teutonic Order, even becoming friends with the great man Gaius Marius.

However enemies were created as well. The Orc Clans who raided in the area became angered with the Shad’rin defiance and control, and so attacked them more than a few times, coming close to destroying the only home the Clan had ever known, however the Shad’rin survived through their growth, and a few secret alliances that helped to keep the Shad’rin alive.

They even served in a time of National conflict between Alras and the Dwarves, holding the city for a few days while survivors left, and abandoned the once shining trade capital. However the Shad’rin were no military, and eventually Alras was abandoned completely.

The End of Aegis

Near the end of Aegis, many of the Shad’rin fought against the Undead, serving as well trained archers, and swordsmen who would fight together in small tactical squads striking all around the Undead. This was not enough, the Undead had grown in power, and the North was lost completely with the end of Al’khazar. However the Shad’rin did not abandon their post until the Undead had surrounded the area, then they left in secret and so the Shad’rin became homeless yet again, like many of Aegis.

They wandered and eventually joined the men and women in the Verge and Codrik, having lost Miles, gathered up the living Shad’rin and built a boat to set sail for the new world.

The Return and Reformation

Some years later in Anthos it seemed that the Shad’rin had all but been lost to the history of Aegis, the Clan having been lost in the times of Asulon. Yet a figure from the long dead past returned, the founder and first Har’shadin. He saw that the Shad’rin had returned to a place called Darkhaven, where old members found new blood and together had worked restoring an old Fortress. He arrived by boat and was welcomed, many believing this Heralded a new age for the Shad’rin. Seeing the Shad’rin in such a weakened state, where few members remained he set about the task of restoring order and bringing back the Tenants of the Clan, reforming the Shad’rin, and hoping to restore it to its former state.

The Myth

It was during the time of the 30 Years War. Iblees had shown his true self raising an army of Undead against the mortals of Aegis. Aeriel raised her army of Ascended calling upon the Races to aid her in the war. In time those of similar beliefs were drawn together. They called themselves the Shad’rin, brothers and sisters in arms banding together to fight the evil that plagued their land.

After the years of fighting, the Shad’rin slowly lost faith in the Ascended finding their trust better placed in the hands of of the people. Their numbers grew, yet the war continued on, an unending conflict of death and destruction. They soon found themselves estranged from the nations, hiding and waiting in the shadows only seeing the Undead as the true enemy. They ignored the conflicts of Nations altogether. They saw no reason to interfere with the Races and their personal politics as they had a much larger responsibility to handle.

Their isolated war did not go unnoticed, years of fighting, training and blood spilt for a just cause against the Undead, as well as keeping to their strict code, led to more than a few of the Races taking interest in the Shad’rin. They were attacked and their great Clan was cut down to a few survivors in a single battle with other factions who saw them as a threat. The few that remained were lost, broken, and beaten. They felt unworthy and felt that they failed their code seeing the dead brothers and sisters around them.

Then they heard a voice, a beautiful, soft, echoing song that rang throughout their minds. The voice told them to stand once more, to stand strong and unite. The few who were left stood strong and together, guided by the Angelic Voice. The Voice told them to watch from the shadows, learn all that they could, and to grow together and to grow stronger. Yet the Voice told them to remain neutral, to not seek power for themselves, but for all, and to use all of this to serve the people, and not themselves. The few found it challenging to follow these Tenants and yet they kept true and kept to the Code.

They changed from fighting in the open to a silent, and careful Clan, staying to the shadows. They learned much, and grew in strength, using their power and knowledge to combat the Undead and any who attempted to destroy them. They realized in this that despite serving the good of the world, they had to make sacrifices and do actions which others could not, to commit crimes to do good. And while they sought justice, and unity, they did not seek to end all ills, and focused on forces that would rip apart the world and the people within it. People who sought to use and divide the land, and those in power who abused and harmed those they were to protect. In truth they became the watchers of the land, keeping an eye on both the greater evils, and the Nations themselves.

The Voice finally revealed her name, feeling she had found men who were truly worthy of her Blessing. Theilas, she said, a half-breed of the lesser of the gods. She then gave the first true Shad’rin her blessing, a blessing that was noted in both the eyes and skin. Their eyes turned a deep and cold blue, and their skin became marked with small blue tattoos of unknown origin. They also began to feel it in their bodies, a dark, yet not evil presence within their very souls. A uniting presence that seemed to bind them all, mind and soul, to one purpose, one goal, one Clan.

These men and women disappeared from History, though it was said, that in the Shadows they could be seen, as if they were part of the very shadows themselves. However all trace of them vanished some time after the Fall of Iblees and the founding of the Northern Kingdoms of Man.

Requirements ((Application))

To join our Clan you must be as neutral as possible, that does not mean you do not care at all for anything, it only means you have no ties you cannot break for the sake of the land. We are the lone wolves banding together for the sake of the people of this world.

You also must be prepared to fight when necessary. We will have builders, and ambassadors, and gatherers, and other jobs but we all must be ready to take arms to defend our home and the land, wherever we are needed.

You must also realize that we have loyalty only to the land, its people, and our Tenants. Do not think we are loyal to a specific king or leader, for if they should prove harmful to the good of the whole we must put a stop to it. We are the silent guardians, we watch over all for the sake of the Grand Scheme of Life not for the sake of any individual life.

Remember this if you wish to join....

OOC Section

Minecraft Username:

Skype Name (Can be PMed if Necessary):

Any Reports, Revokes, or Previous Bans:

Link to VA application if you have one (Not Necessary):

What is your Character's Alignment (Ex: Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, etc...)

IC Section

Your Name:

A Short History of your Life:

Any personal flaws you Understand and Know:

What deeds have you done in life, good or ill:

Why do you wish to join our Clan:

Do you prefer to be put into Combat or Non-Combat Situations and Roles:

What is your preferred fighting style when in combat situations:

What do you prefer to do that is not related to direct combat:

What are your reactions to these situations:

The city is being taken over. The city is full of innocent people and still you have many defenders alive, however you are losing the city and they have begun to burn parts of it to take out your defenses. The leader of the enemy force has come to say that he searches for a child, a specific, presumably innocent child, and if you are to give him the child he will spare the city. This child happens to be your brother and last remaining family member. You know he will kill your brother. Do you give up your brother to save the city or condemn it to more fighting just to save your brother?

An underwater tunnel is being constructed despite an almost certain loss of several lives [actually, all but certain]. Presumably the expected loss is a calculated cost that society is prepared to pay for having the tunnel. At a critical moment when a fitting must be lowered into place, a workman is trapped in a section of the partly laid tunnel. If it is lowered, it will surely crush the trapped workman to death. Yet, if it is not and a time consuming rescue of the workman is attempted, the tunnel will have to be abandoned and the whole project begun anew. Two workmen have already died in the project as a result of anticipated and unavoidable conditions in the building of the tunnel. What should be done?

A fat man leading a group of people out of a cave on a coast is stuck in the mouth of that cave. In a short time high tide will be upon them, and unless he is unstuck, they will all be drowned except the fat man, whose head is out of the cave. But, fortunately, or unfortunately, someone has with him a stick of dynamite. There seems no way to get the fat man loose without using [that] dynamite which will inevitably kill him; but if they do not use it everyone will drown. What should they do?

(( You seem to of forgotten your "Unnamed God of Chaos" >:I ))

OOC Section

Minecraft Username: Zelda_FTW

Skype Name (Can be PMed if Necessary): xxzelda_ftwxx

Any Reports, Revokes, or Previous Bans: None

Link to VA application if you have one (Not Necessary): None

What is your Character's Alignment (Ex: Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, etc...) Chaotic Neutral

IC Section

Your Name:

Kael'Salai The Arcane Thief Als'Hanar

Well...where to begin? I am a simple man really...gone through a phase here and there. I started out fairly happy child, growing up in the beautiful Mali'Aheral town of Ravenhold. My life was free of complaints honestly, my family was well off and I had plenty of friends. The only time my life became horrid was with the arrival of the undead...which I am sure changed all of our lives. In Asulon I remained fairly quite, kept to myself if the truth is to be told. Only in Anthos did I truly take hold of life by the reigns! So much happened...I can barely name it all really...I just know it ha left me tired...truly tired. I have been through so much war it has just tired me as am an...now I seek to end it, that is about the sum of my short tale.~

I hold many flaws, I am not a perfect man and I am in an imperfect world...If I was perfect then where would the mystery in life be? What would I be able to strive for? I could not improve anything. But one main flaw...is at times my own arrogance, as a Mali'Aheral I am known for such.

What deeds have you done in life, good or ill:

I have fought off the Northmen, hunted them, ventured into the deepest depths of the North. I have found out corruption within many governmental powers that threatened the people and proven as such. Many things have I done for the betterment of the world..

At the same time I have a dark past at points as well...falling for the powers of mind mages, harming my friends, and much more.

Why do you wish to join our Clan:

For the betterment of this world, for the chance to work alongside other like minded individuals that feel the need to truly aid our world.. I will not say I do not have an alternative motive in the fact I seek this clan in my quest to obtain true knowledge.

While I would prefer a scientific support role...I would serve those I consider worthy in combat. I would fight alongside any brother that truly wishes for the betterment of this world to my dying breath. So yes, both combat and non-combat can suit me.

While I have used many blades before in the past...my current...style if you will is more based around my "specialized" talents. Though my original style was that of both Maliker and Aheral based sword play.

I prefer to study, to create, and discover. I am very much a man of knowledge and science.

The city is being taken over. The city is full of innocent people and still you have many defenders alive, however you are losing the city and they have begun to burn parts of it to take out your defenses. The leader of the enemy force has come to say that he searches for a child, a specific, presumably innocent child, and if you are to give him the child he will spare the city. This child happens to be your brother and last remaining family member. You know he will kill your brother. Do you give up your brother to save the city or condemn it to more fighting just to save your brother?

I would have to refuse, I cannot give up the life of a child for that of the entirety of the gold within Anthos. I would instead...offer that of myself to the man, allow him to take myself in return. If he would accept I would attempt to escape from him at a later time and even try to kill the leader of these wicked men. I would do what must be done.

An underwater tunnel is being constructed despite an almost certain loss of several lives [actually, all but certain]. Presumably the expected loss is a calculated cost that society is prepared to pay for having the tunnel. At a critical moment when a fitting must be lowered into place, a workman is trapped in a section of the partly laid tunnel. If it is lowered, it will surely crush the trapped workman to death. Yet, if it is not and a time consuming rescue of the workman is attempted, the tunnel will have to be abandoned and the whole project begun anew. Two workmen have already died in the project as a result of anticipated and unavoidable conditions in the building of the tunnel. What should be done?

In this situation the man MUST be saved...the projects of a society is not worth the lives of there citizens. Blood for some...pathetic underground tunnel is not a fair trade. And honestly if these people are finding the project this troublesome...they should simply contact myself to aid them in such a scientific feat.

A fat man leading a group of people out of a cave on a coast is stuck in the mouth of that cave. In a short time high tide will be upon them, and unless he is unstuck, they will all be drowned except the fat man, whose head is out of the cave. But, fortunately, or unfortunately, someone has with him a stick of dynamite. There seems no way to get the fat man loose without using [that] dynamite which will inevitably kill him; but if they do not use it everyone will drown. What should they do?

It should be obvious! They should use the dynamite upon the cave after digging deeper into the sides to blast the inner rocks loose and allow the fat man to roll out safely. There is always, always another way!

Mythras exhales, ripping the poster down. "A guild of assassin crooks, shan't be trusted.. .These fools."

[Realized it wasn't a RP post <3 My apologies.]

/snip

*A letter of reply is sent to the young Shadow*

"You are now accepted to the Clan of the Shad'rin, please report to Commander Malco for assignment and training. You may reach him by bird if you cannot find him."

Malco looks around the docks of the bay, thinking that if they are to survive The Shad'Rin need more members to join. With that thought in his head Malco goes to the mainland looking to recruit more people for the cause.

OOC Section

Minecraft Username: Draxagon

Skype Name (Can be PMed if Necessary): Xydraus

Any Reports, Revokes, or Previous Bans: N/A

Link to VA application if you have one (Not Necessary): I detracted all of my VAs due to an IC event which changed my character's nature - here is his most recent mini VA. 

What is your Character's Alignment (Ex: Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, etc...) Formerly Neutral Evil, Now Chaotic Neutral.

IC Section

Your Name: Harbinger

To be honest, I don't remember much from before a month or so ago. If the stories I've heard from people who seem to recognize me are to be believed, however, then this is my tale. I spent the first hundred years of my life as a hunter - but I supposedly set off on a darker path. I've been told that I was once a murderer, a slaver - I hardly believe it, as I could never imagine causing permanent harm to another, but the evidence is hard to deny - and the people who have told me this have explanations that I myself could not provide. Apparently, I was once part of a bandit group - The Regents of the Mask, and later joined an Abresi thug group known as The Hatters. 
       If what others have told me is true, then I've done a lot of evil. Now, I hope to be able to rectify what I have done - and repay my debt to Anthos.

Although I'm told I was once a ruthless killer, I cannot imagine taking another life - not even in self defense. This may prevent me from being able to act quite as effectively in combat. In addition, I may hesitate in combat - my muscle memory has retained the ability to fight, but my conscious mind is slower and less experienced.

What deeds have you done in life, good or ill: I've not done much good in my life - I've apparently murdered, enslaved, tortured and kidnapped many. I cannot imagine doing those things today, but before I lost my memory, I did not hesitate in doing so.

Why do you wish to join our Clan: I wish to make up for the evils I've done, and to do what is necessary for Anthos. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to being a criminal, but I cannot imagine being a guard, loyal only to a faction or nation, either.

I am willing to do whatever tasks will be most beneficial, although I believe that my long experience with combat may make me more suited towards a combat role. Although I will not take a life, I believe I may still be of use.

I attempt to strike nonlethally, usually with a non-bladed weapon. If need be, I can add a more debilitating effect to my attacks by electrifying whatever weapon I happen to be using, provided it is metallic in nature. I'm able to fight at medium ranges by tossing bolts of electricity - Although I do not remember who or where I learned electromancy, it, like my ability to read, write, and speak, has stayed where my memories have not.

I'm told I captained a ship for a decade or two - Anything that would require the knowledge of one who has been out at sea, I am able to help with.

I would give up my brother without hesitation, if there was no other option. Of course, I would offer something else first- perhaps myself, but I could not live with myself if allowing him to live would mean the deaths of many others - and if he was truly my brother, I know he would feel the same way. Personal loyalties cannot be allowed to cloud one's judgement.

Unfortunately, but clearly, the fitting must be lowered. If two workers had already died due to anticipated /and/ unavoidable conditions, starting anew would already have brought about more loss of life. Again, although this choice would be emotionally distressing, logic dictates the death of the worker, and lowering of the fitting.

Assuming this question is a moral dilemma and not one of wit, they should take the action that brings the maximum benefit to the maximum amount of people. One life in exchange for many more is not a fair trade - they should use it, and save themselves if there truly was no way out. Besides, the fat man would have died of starvation within a few days, even if he didn't drown, seeing as he was trapped. This way, his end is merciful, quick, and allows others to live.

These choices are difficult, but all of my responses would be the most logical answer - in the sense that they would bring the most benefit to as many people as possible.

Harbinger signs the application with a flourish, and sends it off, hoping against hope that his life will have a new meaning - a life dedicated to protection, rather than predation.

A letter has been sent to the one known as Harbinger.

I, Commander Malco of The Shad'rin, have read your application and believe that even though you have an unknown past, I think that you would make a good addition to The Shad'rin. You are the report to me as soon as possible.

The letter is signed off with Malco's signature

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.