Magic Roleplay Q/a

Jistuma

Just another question. What happened to the shades? I used to hear of them and I once saw one, but now....nothing. Also, is there a lore post you can link me to about shade lore? It seems quite interesting, and I remember reading some of it a while back, but I can't find anything now. Thanks :)

Howdy ho, lore keeper and main parental unit for the Shades. As of now most of the Shades are keeping to themselves. Unlike the Necromancers, the Shades are concealing themselves and ensuring they are not noticed by the general public, so on and so forth. As for the creation of new Shades, we're on hold with such until the arrival of 4.0.

P.S. I noticed you mentioning Transmutation in an earlier question of yours. I hope you don't that this as an insult, but I'm just curious who you had learned it from seeing how a majority of the Alterationists are inactive and have not taken on any students as of late.

Strapping on armour and grabbing a sword.

In RP terms is the amour and sword representative of the magic. Meaning can a mage equip armor weapons for PvP after emoting the pre-reqs for casting a spell? 

In RP terms is the amour and sword representative of the magic. Meaning can a mage equip armor weapons for PvP after emoting the pre-reqs for casting a spell? 

Good question. I should probably accost me some kick-ass armour.

Yes and yes, although you don't really have to emote pre-reqs. That's all factored into the mechanical standard of whacking each other with swords.

Couple questions.
When creating a new system of magic that abides by mechstandard (is this allowed? From what the OP says I am assuming it is. ) is it required to post a lore thread on the forums detailing it? If not, is it encouraged?

If a system of magic allows the creation of a tiny explosion from 2-3m, would it be reasonable to roleplay it using a click-punch, or would it be required to have a method of creating damage at range? For example, a bow?

Couple questions.

When creating a new system of magic that abides by mechstandard (is this allowed? From what the OP says I am assuming it is. ) is it required to post a lore thread on the forums detailing it? If not, is it encouraged?

If a system of magic allows the creation of a tiny explosion from 2-3m, would it be reasonable to roleplay it using a click-punch, or would it be required to have a method of creating damage at range? For example, a bow?

Right now, no new magics that have fighting ability are being accepted with lore. This because of the plugin being created almost at it's finish, and new fighting magics would give a larger workload. Will add that to the Q/A at the start. Right now it's not really encouraged to play other types of magic, thought it really has never been.

As for the second question, I remember you came back recently, but if you have a golden hoe, and emeralds in your inventory, you send a spell that explodes on impact. I would assume that would be the best way of representing it.

I should have posted here before, but I forgot. The question concerning if a creator cleric can use void magic has been changed after much discussion with both clerics and creator clerics. Creator clerics are now exacly the same as normal clerics, and can not use void magic. They are also subjected to the same limitations, meaning if they break the guidelines they stop improving on their magic and if they go too far, the higher ups of the clerical order will hear about it and be able to remove their powers.

Right now, the only thing that seperates creator clerics from normal clerics is that the creator clerics still don't know that Tahariae is their rightful deity.

I should have posted here before, but I forgot. The question concerning if a creator cleric can use void magic has been changed after much discussion with both clerics and creator clerics. Creator clerics are now exacly the same as normal clerics, and can not use void magic. They are also subjected to the same limitations, meaning if they break the guidelines they stop improving on their magic and if they go too far, the higher ups of the clerical order will hear about it and be able to remove their powers.

Right now, the only thing that seperates creator clerics from normal clerics is that the creator clerics still don't know that Tahariae is their rightful deity.

Thankyou. Been waiting for that.

Howdy ho, lore keeper and main parental unit for the Shades. As of now most of the Shades are keeping to themselves. Unlike the Necromancers, the Shades are concealing themselves and ensuring they are not noticed by the general public, so on and so forth. As for the creation of new Shades, we're on hold with such until the arrival of 4.0.

P.S. I noticed you mentioning Transmutation in an earlier question of yours. I hope you don't that this as an insult, but I'm just curious who you had learned it from seeing how a majority of the Alterationists are inactive and have not taken on any students as of late.

Thank you for answering my question :D

Oh no, I don't know it (Alteration) at all :). I was just really curious, and was giving examples. I do know one alterationist, but I don't know if it is official or not wether he is one, if that is what you are asking. Besides, I don't have the urge to learn the magic, yet.

Also, here is another question: Does light harm a user of the dark magics? Any dark magic. I was told this was so, but didn't believe it, so here I am.

Also, here is another question: Does light harm a user of the dark magics? Any dark magic. I was told this was so, but didn't believe it, so here I am.

Light as in light from the sun, and a torch, no.

If you mean holy light, the answer is depends. To some it works (like Wraiths, Harbingers and apparitions), to most it doesn't (like shades, dreadknights (need confirmation on this one), contract mages, soul puppeters, frost witches, necromancers.)

If you mean holy magic instead of light, then yes, if the magic is meant to harm. War Cleric magic for example can kill any mortal, they just aren't allowed to do so. Even healing may harm some of the dark mages, thought it's more of like dark creatures, instead of mages. Dark Mages simply cast dark magic, dark creatures are creatures of darkness or evil or created by dark magic.

I never really understood what was meant by "following mechanical standard". For example, could I create a magic that evokes...let's say....smoke? What about evoking alcohol? What about something completely different, that does not fit into the category of 'evocation'?

I am not implying that I would like to create any of the magic I previously said, I am just saying that I do not understand the exact limitations. Could you give me examples, and reasons why/why not they are possible?

Can a blind character still learn void magic such as mental magic or water evocation?

Does Orc shaman magic have to be taught or can an Orc simply learn to commune with the spirits? In a couple of things I read it mentioned non-shaman Orcs having a 'feel' for spirits.

I never really understood what was meant by "following mechanical standard". For example, could I create a magic that evokes...let's say....smoke? What about evoking alcohol? What about something completely different, that does not fit into the category of 'evocation'?

I am not implying that I would like to create any of the magic I previously said, I am just saying that I do not understand the exact limitations. Could you give me examples, and reasons why/why not they are possible?

Mechanical Standard means you have to be able to do those actions through MC. I can't really find examples for that... As for your examples, that is accepted due to the oppening of magic some more. Meaning you can leave the guidelines a bit if the magic still makes sense in lore. Smoke for example would be alright, alcohol as well, thought it wouldn't be of much use. As for things that don't fit with evocation it wouldn't, since it wouldn't be an extention of the magic, and for it to be accepted you would have to be able to represent it through Mechanical Standard.

Can a blind character still learn void magic such as mental magic or water evocation?

They can learn a few magics, but some, like evocation, do require vision as well. Illusion, alteration in some capabilities (color change would be out of the question, but warding would be alright, and so would be a lot of other stuff.), mental magic would be alright. Of course you wouldn't be able to illusion objects, but sounds, smells, and touches would be perfectly alright. Telekinesis would be impossible since she would have to know exacly where the stuff is. I believe you should understand now.