[Recruiting] The Order Of The Silver Gauntlet

Vekrus

[updated.]

OOC:

MC Name: x_Vinny_x

Timezone: EST

Skype Name: sirgvincent

Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes I do!

How long have you been playing on the server?: I've been on this server since Aegis.

How long you can you be online per day?: Right now, I don't have that much time because of lifting and wrestling. In about 2 months I'll probably be playing 2-3 hours a day after wrestling season's over.

What past guilds have you been apart of?: I've been apart of many as different characters. The most memorable one was the Teutonic Order, which was really the only military I played on with my main character, Vincent Olo II.

Have you ever held a leadership role before?: Not on LoTC, on another server called Craft of Chivalry, but I'm pretty sure that server got shut down due to corruption.

Do you have a VA? (What evils?): N/a.

IC:

Name: Vincent Olo II

Race: Human, Hansetian.

Past Experience in military and combat: I used to be in the Teutonic Order before the Castle collapsed. I was injured for quite some time. But ever since I  began walking I've always loved to fight.

What are your skills?: I'm a tactician, and a warrior. Fighting is really the only thing I pride myself in. There's no better joy than the feeling of glory after you fought your heart out.

What weapon do you prefer?: I primarily fight using my greatsword. I've always used a greatsword, it's comfortable to me and is good for range. I keep a shortsword on me just in case I drop my primary. Also, I sometimes bring some javelins into battle.  

Why do you wish to join the Order?: It really bothers me that the Carrions came into rule. I hate everything that has to do with Carrions. Most of my life I've been fighting them as a Sariant, and I want to keep on going. I don't want to live under a royal family that I hate.

What are some strength’s of yours?: Besides combat, I'm literate, I know how to manage finances, and I'm not bad of a businessman.

Tell us more about yourself (Brief Biography): Life didn't start off the best for me. My mother worked at a brothel in Abresi and my father left when I was four. Him and my mother weren't compatible. So my father went to go to fort Grewynn to bunk. He was a Sariant. My mother worked a lot at that brothel, so I moved into my Grandfather's house. There, there was my Grandfather, Grandmother, little brother, my two uncles with their wives, my aunt with her husband, and seven cousins. It was a big house, a warrior family. My grandfather made me and all the males in the house study the arts of warfare. He didn't force it onto us. We all enjoyed it. When I was around 11, I began to hustle cookies. I gave most of the money to my family. It was a good time. When I was 14 I went to go see my dad. But he died of the Plague right in front of me as soon as we exchanged a few words. I'd rather not get into that. I wanted to be a Sariant like my dad but Mirtok wouldn't let me because I was so young. So when I was 18 I was enlisted. From ages 18 to 20 I mainly fought Carrions, Flays, and Orcs. When I was 20, I was a blue glove at the time. The fort collapsed and I barely made it out alive. I suffered from a few broken ribs, but I was fixed up by a doctor and I just continued training with my family and hustled cookies ever since then.

OOC:

MC Name: x_Vinny_x

Timezone: EST

Skype Name: sirgvincent

Do you have Teamspeak?: Yes I do!

How long have you been playing on the server?: I've been on this server since Aegis.

How long you can you be online per day?: Right now, I don't have that much time because of lifting and wrestling. In about 2 months I'll probably be playing 2-3 hours a day after wrestling season's over.

What past guilds have you been apart of?: I've been apart of many as different characters. The most memorable one was the Teutonic Order, which was really the only military I played on with my main character, Vincent Olo II.

Have you ever held a leadership role before?: Not on LoTC, on another server called Craft of Chivalry, but I'm pretty sure that server got shut down due to corruption.

Do you have a VA? (What evils?): N/a.

IC:

Name: Vincent Olo II

Race: Human, Hansetian.

Past Experience in military and combat: I used to be in the Teutonic Order before the Castle collapsed. I was injured for quite some time. But ever since I  began walking I've always loved to fight.

What are your skills?: I'm a tactician, and a warrior. Fighting is really the only thing I pride myself in. There's no better joy than the feeling of glory after you fought your heart out.

What weapon do you prefer?: I primarily fight using my greatsword. I've always used a greatsword, it's comfortable to me and is good for range. I keep a shortsword on me just in case I drop my primary. Also, I sometimes bring some javelins into battle.  

Why do you wish to join the Order?: It really bothers me that the Carrions came into rule. I hate everything that has to do with Carrions. Most of my life I've been fighting them as a Sariant, and I want to keep on going. I don't want to live under a royal family that I hate.

What are some strength’s of yours?: Besides combat, I'm literate, I know how to manage finances, and I'm not bad of a businessman.

Tell us more about yourself (Brief Biography): Life didn't start off the best for me. My mother worked at a brothel in Abresi and my father left when I was four. Him and my mother weren't compatible. So my father went to go to fort Grewynn to bunk. He was a Sariant. My mother worked a lot at that brothel, so I moved into my Grandfather's house. There, there was my Grandfather, Grandmother, little brother, my two uncles with their wives, my aunt with her husband, and seven cousins. It was a big house, a warrior family. My grandfather made me and all the males in the house study the arts of warfare. He didn't force it onto us. We all enjoyed it. When I was around 11, I began to hustle cookies. I gave most of the money to my family. It was a good time. When I was 14 I went to go see my dad. But he died of the Plague right in front of me as soon as we exchanged a few words. I'd rather not get into that. I wanted to be a Sariant like my dad but Mirtok wouldn't let me because I was so young. So when I was 18 I was enlisted. From ages 18 to 20 I mainly fought Carrions, Flays, and Orcs. When I was 20, I was a blue glove at the time. The fort collapsed and I barely made it out alive. I suffered from a few broken ribs, but I was fixed up by a doctor and I just continued training with my family and hustled cookies ever since then.

FTeKn0m.png

HVdFWPy.png

Notes are pinned all throughout the lands of the Order of the Silver Gauntlet.

Men of the Order, today we recognize five distinct men who have risen to the challenge and will now take on higher ranking positions within the Order. These men will obtain the ranks and will be honored as follows.

Captain - Great Knight

- Andrik Tarus

- Arhadir Owl

Lieutenant - Knight 

- Rowen Tarus

Sergeant

- Edgar Tarus

- Vincent Olo II

Please congratulate these men when you see them. 

Signed,

Grand Master Charles Tarus

((This reminds me so much of Warcraft lol))

Vincent grins as he sees the note. He then turns his attention back to his greatsword and continues to sharpen it.

HVdFWPy.png

Notes are pinned all throughout the lands of the Silver Gauntlet.

"Men of the Silver Gauntlet,

It has weighed heavily on my mind that we strive for a better purpose. We need to uphold our oaths to the highest standard. Mark this day throughout Anthos, we will bring justice to evil and honor to those of us who give the ultimate sacrifice. We shall honor God with our actions. From this day forward we will be known as the Holy Order of the Silver Gauntlet. Justice, Honor, and Glory!"

Signed,

Grand Master Charles Tarus

[Just a note, this technically is not a "Holy" order, as the Church has not recognized it. And, before you say anything, the Church is independent of Carrion rule. I suggest contacting a church official if you don't want to be branded heretics.]

Archbishop Castus will speak with this so-called "holy order" to discover if they truly follow the Church of the True Faith.

[i think we have already been called heretics many times. On another note I would be grateful to speak with a church official.]

[i think we have already been called heretics many times. On another note I would be grateful to speak with a church official.]

[Feel free to add me on Skype (snow_shovel) and we can talk about it.]

*You receive a letter as you walk outside, a grey owl tossing it to you. As you catch it, you open it slowly and begin to read...*

Greetings and good tidings,

Do you ever find yourself in need of a good gauntlet? Perhaps one made from silver, the most fine metal of purity? Well look no further than Jameson's Jewels in Abresi, selling Silver Gauntlets among other items of value for prices lower than any others you'll find on the continent. Come in and grab yourself a bargain today, at Jameson's Jewels.

-V

((Received only by Guild Members))

Lark Steelwall would frown if he heard of this and would make remarks about how hard silver is to work if you don't know what your doing.

Lark Steelwall would frown if he heard of this and would make remarks about how hard silver is to work if you don't know what your doing.

Charles Tarus thinks it's a good thing they know what their doing.

[updated with uniforms!]

Rulings of the Tribunal of Doctrine

Concerning the Alleged 'Holy' Order of the Silver Gauntlet

The Order of the Silver Gauntlet is hereby denounced for having not spoken to a Church official concerning calling itself Holy. It must serve the Creator, and thus the Church and must follow Church doctrine to be considered Holy. The Order of the Silver Gauntlet must refer their concerns to the Tribunal of Doctrine.

Signed by

High Overseer 'Absolution'