Valtors of The Old Faith
kayle_wallpaper_kayle_official_retouched

"If my bones are to shatter and my armor to crack, Thalia let my spirit remain intact.

And in these times full of shadows, let us dream the dawn."

The Valtorians or Valtors for sort, is a group of holy warriors of the Old Faith that was created by Nestor Tarus at the 14th of The Amber Cold, 1450. Their goals is to seek the truth behind the visions that the gods provide and to combat the evil creatures that dwell into Anthos. Their ultimate purpose, despite being unknown to most Valtors, is to protect the Erythian Stars. Deeply religious and strong the Valtors are still few in numbers.

Some of the Valtorian recruits choose to follow the path of Thronn and learn the secrets of heartfire. Yet the majority of the Valtors chooses to adopt the arts of war and they are trained in the use of sword, shield and spear.

Chief Values and Morals of the Valtors
Honesty. - None should lie without just cause- to prevent a wrong or to save someone.
Tolerance. - "He  who speaks my tongue is my equal". We were all created by the same God.
Loyalty. - Remember exactly who you're loyal to. Words are less valuable than blood.
Hard work. - Conviction, conviction, conviction.
Freedom. - To be held in highest esteem, none can bound a man, none can chain him down.
Endurance. - Both mental and physical. When the time comes our strength will be tested.
Hope. - For the journey will be long, and we all must keep walking.

The Goddess Thalia
A lesser god under Morighaen. The visions are believed to be derived by her and her initial worship began from Nestor. Despite her contribution to knowledge, she does not assist the Valtors in other ways but many Valtorians choose her as the patron god instead of one of the three, regardless.

Known Rituals
The Bonding of Silverline
skyrim_mage.jpg
"The men stood still and inhaled deeply. They blinked once and their eyes were normal. They blinked twice and their eyes stood still and pale. They blinked thrice and it was like nothing happened at all. And yet they had been enlightened."

Most are unaware of the origins of the visions. If they are granted to the one who sleeps, or the one who after deep meditation has connected to the gods. Yet when the vision is seen, proper words are usually found insufficient to describe the message.

This ritual provides the Valtors the ability to share what they saw with no omittance. It only requires the leaves of Silverline and the smoke that it generates when set ablaze.

Ritual of the Shieldbond

In a pitch black room, a candle burns in the center of the shadows, the only source of light. Two prospective-shield brothers step towards one another with their shields on their left arms. In the center of them burns the candle. The two circle the candle, staring at one another, smashing their palms into the shield in a rhythm unique to them. This persists for three minutes, after which, both most stop circling, take a knife, and cut the others free hand. They utter the words,

"Before the sight of Thronn, and his inumerable faces, I swear to put guard my shieldbrother/sister's life with these hands. With this blood, I tie ourselves as one, unified in purpose and movement. With this shield, I raise it to defend our conjoined life, and the way of the Three." 

They grasp each other by the blood hand and hold it firmly over the candle. They hold their hands over the flame until one of them cannot stand the heat and retracts, after which, they exit.

More rituals will be added soon.Edit:Added the Ritual of Shieldbond. All credits regarding this ritual go to IlumTarus.  

Ranks of the Valtorians
There are no ranks within the Valtorians, aside from the ArchValtor, due to the small numbers of men, within the order.

Recruiting

Is done in character usually, and I currently see no point in an application. Pm me if you wish to create a character of the old faith or want to meet in game.

Lore

((

Very interesting! How would one go about gathering information about this in character?

Does this post act like a paper on some bulletin board?

Had my doubts due to the lag of applications which at times symbolises that.

))

((I will request no more ooc is posted in here and I am posting this only once as an exception. 

To answer your question, there are no flyers or posts about it, but it's fairly easy to find us if you make a character that believes in the old faith since we aren't many Valtors or believers in the old faith. Asking around in character and you will probably stubble upon me at some point, probably sooner than later. If your character is not of the old faith though then it's unlikely to gather more information since it was never Nestor's intention to be known to others than the anadune and the believers of the old faith. Hence why I only recruit in character. Plus the fact that an app will not be as personal as the questions my character comes up with.

In addition I do not wish any religious orders who are fond of purging non-believers to learn about us, so easily. It's not fun. 

If that did not answer your question or you have further queries, feel free to pm me.

Edit:This acts mostly as documentation, and allows me to easily direct recruits here who wish for further information. Plus it might attract someone who wishes to create a fresh character to join the Valtorians.

Ps. Yeah I love Kayle's artwork. Hard to find something as good.))

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.