[Recruiting] The Galbenza Gentlemen

Mephistophelian

-=The Galbenza Gentlemen=-

The best dressed master criminals

ulMAicF.png

Invitation Letter :

This letter is sent out to all those who wear clean clothing, carry themselves in a proud manner, and are above average intelligence. It is nearly midnight when you recieve this letter from a magpie at your window. It leaves quickly after you take the letter. Should you decide to open the envelope, you read the following message:

"We are The Galbenza Gentlemen, a name that very few know, and even fewer understand. One would come to the assumption that we are a club of men interested in brewing herbs in hot water and eating shortbread. This very persson would also assume that we are a pompous lot, interested in the affairs of politics and law. This person is assuming wrongly.

We are a group of people interested in our affairs and our furtherment. Although we do concern ourselves with what goes on in other nations, we prefer to leave it be, as it is through natural occurences, such as disorder, that we merit. We are people who look out for one another, and should one of our members prioritise another cause over our own, they will be removed from our ranks. Such is the way we work. We believe this is all you must understand, at this vey moment.

My name is not of importance, for now. All you need to know is that I lead this group, and that those belonging to our cause must report to me. It has come to my attention that you might be of proper material, both mentally and physically, to join our ranks and, although I have been wrong before, I do not think that you will be able to decline this offer.
Send a bird with a letter of your reply to the initials 'L.G.'.
I await your reply,
'LG'

*The 'LG' is a wax seal, with intricate patterns all around it*

About Us:
We are a group of men and women who believe that self progression is key to achieving our role in life. We are not deterred by laws set by any nation, as we do not belong to any nation and so they do not affect us. Our roots stretch far and wide, and we know more than we let on. To betray another member of our group is like killing yourself, and it is with much regret that we remove traiterous members immediatly. Our history is known by only our members and a select few, and it shall forever remain so.

Through much dealings with other guilds of our type, we have managed to be one of three founding members for the main confederation of organisations similar to ours; the Larcenist's Confederation.

This is all you need to know of us, and all you will ever need to know, unless you feel inclined to join our ranks. If so, we await your letter.

If you Join us, who will you be working with?:

To put it simply, you will be working with the best of the best at what we do. Amongst those who will be working with you are people who meticulously plan out every aspect of a job to the finest detail, yet they are also people who are able to put together a well functioning, fluid plan in an instant, should they be required. Although the requirement for entry is relatively low, you will need to prove yourself as an adequate planner and undertaker of said plans to be able to move up our ranks.

If working with petty thieves is your goal, we will be a disappointment to you. We are not the average bandit at the side of the road, or the petty pickpocket who targets simple people such as the rich. No, we are masters of our art, and we are more often than not in and out of the scene a few minutes before anyone has realised what has happened.

What are our requirements to join us?:

First off, you must have reasonable skills at pickpocketing, lockpicking, and remaining unseen, unheared and undetected. If you have a history of violence, this must be controlled, as we do not murder unless provoked first, or have absolutely no other option, such as in gang battles.We do, however, relieve items from those who have too much, such as the rich, or the powerful (which is, most often, one and the same). You must be willing to follow orders to the letter, and must be able to undertake said orders without hesitation. You must be willing to lie, steal and trick your way into doing things, and you must have no moral boundaries when it comes to this.

We do not have time for people who cannot operate under stress. We do not have time for those who cannot work like clockwork with other team members. We are the best, and in order to maintain this rank, we must operate the best.

Ranks/Application Letters:

Inner Guild:

9w5l.jpgNewblood: An initiate, a recruit, a beginner. All of these words sum up what a newblood is to us. They know little of our past and nothing of what we have planned for the future. They are usually under the instruction of a Footpad. These members must undertake three small actions for the purpose of he group before they may become the next rank.. (1st rank-attainable)

smy9.jpgJourneyman: A member that has passed the test of initiation. They understand our group's goal, and partake in the discussions and actions of the group. They know some of the past and a glimpse of the planned future of our group, and they are able of understaking small actions for the purpose of the group, only with permission.(2nd rank-attainable)

xdlr.jpgFootpad: The rank that most people will stop at, they know about our group's past and most of what we have planned. They are in charge of teaching newbloods, and are able to plan and undertake small actions for the purpose of the group without permission and medium actions with the permission of a superior.(3rd rank-attainable, needs experience)

3byi.jpgFoxward: A person in charge of the footpads. These people are respected by the group, and are expected to plan many actions for the group.They are able to plan and undertake small & medium actions for the group, and large actions with the permission of a superior. They influence the plans of the group a little bit(4th rank-difficult to gain)

1jcq.jpgRingleader: Only two positions are available for this rank, and they demand and recieve lots of respect from all. They are the planners of the group's future, and the guarders of it's past. They work in coordination with the Illuminated to plan massive actions of the group. Able to plan and undertake all but the biggest (massive) actions for the group, they are the best of the best.(5th rank-chosen, not gained)

lm3t.jpgIlluminated: The leader and the most respected and skilled Galbenza Gentleman, only the Ringleaders and a few foxwards know the true identity of this person. It is considered a privelage for anyone below the rank of Ringleader to meet this person. They plan massive actions for the group, and direct its course through present and into future.(6th rank-unattainable)

Special Ranks:
fv5z.jpgAlguard: The guarder of knowledge or wealth of the group, there are only ever two people with this rank; one who guards the knowledge, one who guards the money. They are treated well by the group, and are probably the most trusted individuals, after the Ringleaders and The Illuminated. More often than not, they are a Ringleader or Foxward as well.

Outer Guild:

Associate: Anyone who has interactions with the group and does not fall into any other category.

Whisperer: The provider of information, they are often in command of Listeners, and relay information to the group.

Listener: They are the eyes and ears of a Whisperer, and they provide information to them. Although they usually work for a whisperer, they occasionally work alone.

Blossom: People who provide 'harmful if talked about' information to the group, and they also create this information. They are most often women.

Roughworks: Someone who undertakes the less favourable work of the group, they are normally quite brutish.

Fence: They prove to be a useful person to sell things to, and are able to 'clean' products very well. Rarely used, as the guild is it's own fence, but this also refers to someone who unwillingly buys stolen items on a regular basis.

Filter:Aid with the removal of harmful material, such as people, that pose a threat to the group.

Nestmark: A guild that is in association with ours, be it a merge, partial merge or mutual connection.

Inner Guild Application:

((I HIGHLY ADVISE you read some of our info before applying, so you get the gist of things))

OOC:
MC Name:
Time on server:
VAs for character (not required):
Number of active characters:
Does this character belong in a guild:
Can this character use magic:
Any more:

IN Character:
Name:
Proffession:
Skillset:
What are the values that are required for this guild:
What does a locked, heavily fortified chest mean to you:
What does a gentleman wear at every occasion:
Why do you wish to join:

Outer Guild Application:

((I HIGHLY ADVISE you read some of our info before applying, so you get the gist of things))

OOC:
MC Name:
Time on server:
VAs for character (not required):
Number of active characters:
Does this character belong in a guild:
Can this character use magic:
Position you wish to apply for from the Outer Guild ranks:
Any more:

IN Character:
Name:
Proffession:
Skillset:
What exactly can you provide:
Payment expectations:

Services the Galbenza Gentlemen Provide:
((Do not meta game this information!))
-Thievery of certain locations, for payment
-Heists of certain locations, for higher payment
-Kidnappings/false incriminations/disruption of information, for very high payment
-Fencing of items ((pm me for details))

*The leader of The Galbenza Gentlemen wonders how Ser Boriv got the letter, since it was only sent to those of above average intelligence...*

((jks ;). Who said we were based in Abresi, I just said to send the letter there. Anyway, I'm accepting applications for ranks higher than Newblood, as I need a few higher ranks filled before we can set in motion. That doesn't mean, however, that anyone can get the rank. I will tell you what rank you will be when you join, so if you want a good rank, give a good impression.))

Upon hopefully attaining a letter such as this one, John Lartius Fredfort adjusted his reading glasses with a curious slight smile placed on his elderly face, well hidden under his thick and dyed beard. Soon he would be seen folding the paper neatly, grab his walking cane with one hand and trudge down the many stairs of his tower.

"Quite the interesting lot.. Hmm.. Casimir and I have things to discuss.."

He mumbled at himself as he continued to trudge down the many stone steps that lead the way out of his tower.

Casimir Valesmark stared thoughtful out of his window as he listened to the pleas of his Consul, with signs of interest yet doubt he took a seat behind his desk, reading over the parchment given.

"Quite the gentlemen, lets hope for a civilized debate soon enough."

He ensured himself that it was the right thing, he took out his quill and wrote on the first empty parchment he could find. He stamped the symbols and gave it to his messenger.

08c07686ebeb00c9714ba744a91fbd2e.png

((OOC:

MC Name: Colaone1

Time on server: Around 2 years.

VAs for character (usually required): None for the one I'm applying for.

Number of active characters: 2

Does this character belong in a guild: No.

Can this character use magic: Nope.

Position you wish to apply for(limited time, this is for quickly getting to a high rank): Foxward preferably, though my character is pretty young.

Any more: Nope.

))

((IN Character:))

(( Johnny isn't all too good at reading or writing, but so that its easier to read I've just wrote it like any average writer would ))

Name: Johnny, not a clue what my last name is.

Race: A Southern Human.

Proffession: In between.

Skillset: Pick pocketing, lying, breaking and entering.

What are the values that are required for this guild: Commitment and loyalty, I would assume.

What does a locked, heavily fortified chest mean to you: Something to break into.

What does a gentleman wear at every occasion: Smart clothing and a cunning smile.

Why do you wish to join: I've not got all too many skills, and those that I do have aren't all too preferable by normal class working people, so if this is what I believe it to be, then I am more than inclined to join.

*A letter is sent to the man who is named Johnny. This time, the magpie is carrying a piece of jewerly in its mouth. It drops the jewelry at Johnny's feet, leaves the letter behind, and flies away with an iritated crie. Upon closer inspection, the jewelry is found to be a simple golden ring, with an ever-so-slight transparent property. Should Johnny open the letter, it shall read...*

"Dear Johnny,

It is with pleasure that we accept you to our cause. Please meet with us at the gates outside Abresi ((This monday at (UTC+04:00) 8:00, we can arrange another time if you want, or we can RP it in forum pms. Also, this is assuming they get the server up and running by then!)). It has, however, come to our attention that you are of poor education in terms of reading, writing or both ((RPing that my guy noticed the odd way of writing)).

Although this matters little, we may require you to fill in positions of higher education, so it is obligatory that we teach you how to write moderately well. Worry not, for we have great scholars amongst our midst, and it shall not take long to teach you.

I will see you at Abresi,

LG

P.S. Bring the ring"

((You are now officially accepted, but not yet a Newblood. We gotta meet for that. Don't worry, though. You will definitely become Foxward, I just want to see that you can RP nicely enough to make a good first Foxward. Well, I look forward to having a great time with you in this group!))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A letter is sent off to Casimir, and a magpie is present once more. This time, it brings a simple gold necklace, that is slightly transparent. The magpie leaves its letter behind and takes a nap on a nearby tree. The letter reads...*

"Dear Casimir,

It is with great pleasure that we recieved your letter, and we would verymuch enjoy a partnership. We do, however, regretfully inform you that a full merge is impossible, as we have plans for our people that require completely like-minded views and perfect synchronisation. If you, however, would be inclined to join our ranks, we would greatly appreaciate it.

Below are the terms and conditions of our partial merge. It is understood that all these conditions wil be mirrored identically by your people ((meaning, you do the same to us)) should you agree to the terms.

-We shall provide you with medium knowledge of the future proceedings and past of our guild.

-We shall provide useful information that we hold and shall update you constantly with said information.

-We shall undertake operations from your organisation, provided we are paid before hand.

-We shall provide any other menial services, provided they have sufficient reason or pay.

-We shall remain opaque to your organisation, and shall not conspire to undermine you.

We look forward to a long lasting a powerful alliance. May we prosper together,

LG"

((If you want anything changed, or wish to add anything, just tell me. I didn't want an entire merge because I believe it would change what could be an interesting alliance into a boring, single guild. I hope you share the same beliefs with me, but please feel free to change any of the terms and conditions (of course, check if I agree to them first XD). I hope we create great RP as an aliance!))

The Galbenza Gentlemen

Story of Application Letter :

*This letter is sent out to all those who wear clean clothing, carry themselves in a proud manner, and are above average intelligence. It is nearly midnight when you recieve this letter from a magpie at your window. It leaves quickly after you take the letter. Should you decide to open the envelope, you read the following message:*

"We are The Galbenza Gentlemen, a name that very few know, and even fewer understand. One would come to the assumption that we are a club of men interested in brewing herbs in hot water and eating shortbread. This very persson would also assume that we are a pompous lot, interested in the affairs of politics and law. This person is assuming wrongly.

We are a group of people interested in our affairs and our furtherment. Although we do concern ourselves with what goes on in other nations, we prefer to leave it be, as it is through natural occurences, such as disorder, that we merit. We are people look out for one another, and should one of our members prioritise another cause over our own, they will be removed from our ranks. Such is the way we work. I believe this is all you must understand, at this vey moment.

My name is not of importance, for now. All you need to know is that I lead this group, and that those belonging to our cause must report to me. It has come to my attention that you might be of proper material to join our ranks and, although I have been wrong before, I do not think that you will be able to decline this offer.

Send a letter to the initials 'LG' at Abresi, and I shall get back to you immediatly.

I await your reply,

'LG'

*The 'LG' is a wax seal, with intricate patterns all around it*

Andor sits within a wooden stool, he turns to the window at the sudden sight of what appears to be a bird. He rises from his seat and goes to retrieve what seems to be a letter off of the bird. Upon reading a smirk appears on Andor's face.

"Now this! This is interesting! And that name Galbenza Gentlemen, wonderful! Just wonderful!"

Andor sits back down within his wooden stool, taking out a thin quill and a tiny corked bowl of ink. He quickly begins to write a reply, scribbling down the words with haste and accuracy. The letter reads.

"I am truly delighted that you thought so highly of me to see me as a /potential/ recruit for your organization! I have many skills that you probably know of, but if not I'd rather talk about them face to face! I hope you wouldn't mind."

The letter is addressed to the initials "LG" and is currently upon a bird to Abresi.

---Application---

MC Name: Abysmall

Time on server: Since October 2011.

VAs for character (usually required): Are these even a thing anymore? If I do need one, I'll be applying for a role that does not require such heavy villainous activity.

Number of active characters: The one I'm applying with is my main, he's my only active.

Does this character belong in a guild: The Wizard's guild and he'll remain in such.

Can this character use magic: Yes he is an Thaumaturge.

Position you wish to apply for from the Outer Guild ranks: Listener.

Any more: Nope.

))

Name: Andor Abys

Race: Dark elf.

Proffession: Botanist.

Skillset: Eating, eavesdropping, sleeping.

What exactly can you provide: Hopefully helpful information that I may come by.

Payment expectations: I don't plan to /join/ the organization, but I do intent on aiding it very shady like. I'd like this guild or organization to not be known by anyone. And for payment, I don't care much for coin...I do fancy valuable items, or rarities such as artifacts or enchanted weaponry or perhaps even useful books.

(OOC:

MC Name:cman64

Time on server:Eastern 

VAs for character (usually required):none for this character will be of more economic use 

Number of active characters: 1 (yet i have one that is currently without a town or nation for living because of lack of RP in areas he found)

Does this character belong in a guild:no

Can this character use magic:no

Position you wish to apply for(limited time, this is for quickly getting to a high rank): Foxward preferably, yet he is a decently young age  

Any more: This character is mainly for keeping track of the guild's belongings and items. Much like a banker should, he can distribute payments and/or items for other members of the guild. And when a client does not pay their dues, he does have contacts in which to use to make sure he gets what is owed

))

Name: Albinec Mountainwalker

Race: Human

Proffession: banking 

Skillset: Reading, writing, item distribution, and being a mountainwalker: able to travel on rough terrain

What are the values that are required for this guild:

-The value of self growth and growth of the guild,

-Loyalty

-responsibility

- respect 

What does a locked, heavily fortified chest mean to you: (Clients chest)Not impossible to break in, but what lays inside must be valuable (my chest or one for sale) Very interesting indeed and a good use for the bank. lets see how many i can buy and catch the schmucks who try to steal from me   

What does a gentleman wear at every occasion: A nice suit, preferably one that can be used for more than one occasion so it matches the mood and placement of the area.  

Why do you wish to join: I wish to become a part of such a guild that i can help thrive with economic growth and the ability to keep track and store the items that we claim within our adventures and travels. That being said, stealing from the storage area i would wish to be build will indeed cause for an immediate action of punishment whether its in or outside of the guild. In addition, This includes a payment or reward to those who successfully proceed with their job.    

"I have seventeen thieves guild coins." notes Silus.

*When Andor returns to the very seat he sent the message from, he should find a neat letter on top of it, with a ring by the ride. The ring has the symbol of an ear and a hand, cupped around the ear. Should Andor choose to open the letter, it shall read...*

"Dear Andor,

You are now a Listener for the Galbenza Gentlemen. This is a position not to be taken lightly, as you are expected to fuction seperately from our group, and take the initiative of evesdropping and relaying information to us without the need to be reminded. Please bear in mind that, should you betry our cause, you shall be considered an enemy. Take this as a friendly reminder.

As you mentioned in your letter, you are interested in artifacts and books; we shall provide these on a semi-regular basis, and we shall be sure to guard items of interest or magical properties for you, provided you inform us about the going ons of the Wizard's Guild. As for the ring that has been attatched to the letter; you are required to wax seal your letters (as have I) with this ring, as it shall allow us to recognise an ally. It is also recommended that you wear the ring at all times, and that you sketch the symbol of this ring on the door to your living quarters, so that our people know not to 'further our cause' with your items...

May we have a prosperous alliance,

LG"

((Well, that's about it! You are now a Listener, and can sign up to be a Whisperer if you manage to recruit a few more people to listen for you. Needless to say, a Whisperer will get jucier stuff than a listener, but that's up to you!))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Another letter is sent out to Albinec, and the magpie drops a ring with the symbol of an Alguard rank on it((yes, this is a new rank I made juuust for you :3)). Should Albinec decide to open the letter, he shall read...*

"Dear Albinec,

It is with our pleasure that we accept you into our group as an Alguard. You are expected to safeguard the gains of our guild until the very end. With that said, you are also expected to reward guild members for their good work and, of course, take the obligatory taxation from their actions, as we must have coin to progress as a guild. You shall be given the neccesarry funds to construct a safehouse for our claimed goods, and you are expected to keep your hands off the goods as well, unless they are to be moved from one safehouse to another, or are to be retrieved by a Foxward or higher ranking member.

On the note of the ring you were handed; keep it, it allows us to identify each other if need be.

We look forward to progressing with you in our group, and we hope that the future shall bring us many a pleasant surprise,

LG"

((You are now an Alguard. Look, I don't want to seem like I don't trust you, because I do trust you, but don't just decide (one day) to take all our stuff, ok? Otherwise, I really look forward to some interesting RP with you!))

"I have seventeen thieves guild coins." notes Silus.

*The Leader of The Galbenza Gentlemen would want to know nothing of what Silus had noted, as he wants nothing to do with the filthy, rag-tag 'organisation' named the Thieves Guild. In the opinion of the Illuminated, these poor 'thieves' know nothing about thievery at all...*

((I'd just like to note I have nothing against the Thieve Guild, I actually quite like them, but my character doesn't like them due to him considering himself far better ;) ))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Another letter is sent out to Albinec, and the magpie drops a ring with the symbol of an Alguard rank on it((yes, this is a new rank I made juuust for you :3)). Should Albinec decide to open the letter, he shall read...*

"Dear Albinec,

It is with our pleasure that we accept you into our group as an Alguard. You are expected to safeguard the gains of our guild until the very end. With that said, you are also expected to reward guild members for their good work and, of course, take the obligatory taxation from their actions, as we must have coin to progress as a guild. You shall be given the neccesarry funds to construct a safehouse for our claimed goods, and you are expected to keep your hands off the goods as well, unless they are to be moved from one safehouse to another, or are to be retrieved by a Foxward or higher ranking member.

On the note of the ring you were handed; keep it, it allows us to identify each other if need be.

We look forward to progressing with you in our group, and we hope that the future shall bring us many a pleasant surprise,

LG"

((You are now an Alguard. Look, I don't want to seem like I don't trust you, because I do trust you, but don't just decide (one day) to take all our stuff, ok? Otherwise, I really look forward to some interesting RP with you!))

*Albinec opens the letter and smiles as he reads* " This is a very good day indeed. I must prepare for the constructions of this new safehouse" *He writes a replying note with the seal of his ring * 

" Dear LG,

I am honored to become the Alguard, and will do my job as needed and with integrity and trust as i can muster. I shall follow the rules you have set upon my position and will do the best i am capable of for this position." *within the letter are diagrams and layouts of the safe house* " I have drawn up the layout in which i wish this building shall be created, the location of this building is something that i must know to begin its creation.

I look forward to meeting you and bringing prosperity to the Galbenza Gentlemen

Signed- Albinec Mountainwalker"

((I Understand and will not steal anything and you have my word for it. I look forward to rping with you and im curious if there is a place you have in mind for this safehouse to be))

((I'm sorry for not posting a RP post here, and I will change that in less than 24 horse, but I wanted to say that I saw your post, cman. Just send me a pm and we can discuss things there, because even though everyone is supposed not to meta game, they won't be able to help it. I gotta sleep now, cya!))