[Idea] Remade Creation Lore {With Lore}

Draeris

So I read our lore, and was quite dissapointed in it compared to two years ago. I asked other friends and they also found our creation lore a bit dull. So here is my alternitive! This is not fully my work, but was accomplished with the great inspiration from Basileus Sarkly & The Hero on grammar & concepting.

-----------------------------------------------

The Sylvaen

Out of the empty world (we only speak out of our ignorance), the thing we have named Naketsha, an entity came to existence within the eternal depths. As the entity (which has spoken this to us, all contained from this point onward), enlarged, its roots penetrating the borders of the purple void, it slowly consumed the energy of it, fueling its further expansion. This entity, eventually consumed most of the void around it, filling it, in turn, with existence. The entity began to glow, so great was its power. This radiance was made to flow around a single point, and soon grew into a great disc above Naketsha; the entity named it Sol. Sol kept shining upon the entity, the light investing within the world warmth and cold. The entity made land upon the face of Naketsha, covering its roots one by one.

Sol grew tired (for a spirit was made within him at his beginning), for he had none to work alongside, for the entity was far too powerful for Sol to stand its company. Seeing this, in her benevolence, the entity made him a sister to shine with. Luna was made from the white dusts covering the land. With the stifling dust that was now Luna removed from Naketsha, the entity conceived a new idea. The entity looked upon itself, considering. A force was created in the world, called by the entity life. Peace and happiness was her goal, thus, in her own appearance she made flora. Trees, only saplings at the start, came frome the ground. Eventually, Natashka was covered with greenery. Soon, Natashka herself could not be seen for the entity’s offspring.

Death began. The children of her children could not feel Sol’s light. Their lives were cut short, and they starved. Ever intent on peace, balance, and happiness, the entity created a new form of life to combat the empire of her children. Fauna, she called them. And fauna were given authority to consume the entity’s children as they wished.

For a long time, peace and balance was maintained. But too many of the entity’s children had been consumed. Fauna started to starve as the saplings had just short years ago. The entity created further fauna, and, as the first fauna had been given authority to consume the entity’s children, these fauna had authority to consume the first fauna. And thus Natashka maintained balance for aeons.

The creation in whole received the name “World”. Eventually, as the cycle of the balance of life continued, the entity grew lonely. Her first creations, Sol and Luna, would not learn all there was to know of life’s cycles ever, yet the entity knew them intricately, and fully. And the entity grew vexed, and angry, for none comparable to herself in both body and mind had yet been brought into existence.

Finally, she made a creature not only comparable to her in image, but also in spirit. Of Naketsha itself did she make this being. These she called Sylvaen, the great of her children, her heirs. The first was young, as a child, and naked. The entity cared for the female child, and, in time, came to be called by this child Mother.

The Sylvaen girl was blessed by the Mother with a soul, immortality, and eternal communion with herself. The nature of the Mother, however, included the desire of another creature comparable to herself. In giving her true child this spirit, she also gave her this propensity for loneliness. Though through many years she enjoyed the company of fauna and flora, and spent much time learning of the intricacies of their natures, and naming them accordingly, she began to feel as Sol had, and as her Mother had. Therefore, as she slept, out of her flesh the Mother made another Sylvaen, comparable to her, as a servant and a companion.

The Sylvaen Nektasha arose from her imagination, only to fill the lust to power of the original Sylvaen. Instead of being the servant and companion, Nektasha gained the evil of the Sylvaen, betraying both the Sylvaen and the mother tree. As she corrupted the seeds of the tree, Nektasha used her darker powers to absorb the energy of life from the mother. The Sylvaen slowly turned more aware, and became filled with the greed and lust Nektasha had. As the Mother held her last life sources within her roots, she cut off all bonds with her children for their survival.

The paradiscal realm of the Sylvaen became confused, destructed.  The flora and fauna gained imbalance, slaying their brethren out of agression and confusion. It was not only the creations who suffered, the Sylvaen became fully aware of themselves, but lost their power of mortality and perfection. Many Sylvaen made use of their new powers, claiming whatever was to be claimed. A war errupted among the race, and the mother had her final battle with Nektasha. It was not long before the mother took her last breath on her world, making her last sound to her children. Such sound was indentified today as “Valeria”. As the mother died, all Sylvaen lost their blessings, and Nektasha became imprisoned in the realms of the void.

Though, before her soul was captured she used the energy and power of the mother to speak to the minds of al Sylvaen.

To the four treants of the mother, weeping guardians only of use to replace the mother in the times of decay. Stood for Nektasha,  bound to forfill the will of the mother. This time it was different, they could make choices within their mind. It scared them, their oaken foces grown with the moss of life watched Nektasha as she approached. Her mouth opened, making sounds as powerful as the mother before. She promised each treant, all carrying a particular sound telling their destiny, the desires they gained with their liberation.

“Meba, treant of the nature and life around us. I shall promise you balance within our creations to live as peaceful and in prosperity as the cycles before.

“Malin, the treant of wisdom and soul, I promise you the blessings of eternal guidance and teachings, so that our soul and mind can endlessly grow.

“Melaen, the treant of honor and discipline, I promise you the force and powers even superior to the roots of the mother.”

“Malian, the treant of death and decay, I promise you corrupted souls from our perfect land to be in service to you.”

The treants became confused, being able to think for the first time since their existence. They were not aware of lies, treason, deception and greed. They agreed upon the promise, giving Nektasha all their energy in return of their regained perfection.

But Nektasha had other plans, trying to consume the life out of everything around her. With no hesistation the Sylvaen took arms not against themselves, but against Nektasha. It was a long fight of many cycles until Nektasha lost to her final siege. As the Sylvaen gathered with their remaining powers, they did the forbidden ritual for the first time. As the banishment towards the eternal depths of the void were imminent, Nektasha spoke a curse upon the Sylvaen before her soul was consumed by the void.

“Descendants of  Meba, your immortality and force shall wither with ease. For thou shall not be able to breed any longer with the counts of before. Your perfection shall decay with your sorrow as your newborne fall into your arms in death.

“Descendants of Malin, your eternal wisdom and guidance shall not last long, as I will consume your immortality. Creating nothing but weakness and decay. Before you receive eternal wisdom you will die by the slow decay of time.”

“Descendants of Melaen, your honor and discipline shall wither to the outside world as your tongue and skin will adapt to the forms you really are. Only you will see the truth in your cause, and will be disbanded from all races.”

“Descendants of Malian, I shall forfill my promise to you, but your souls will be trapped among the voids of death and eternity, may you feast on the fallen until the end of existence.”

And thus, as the cursed words affected all whom can hear. Nektasha was trapped with the descendants of Malian within the void. However, some corrupted descendants of Malian remained. Short structured entities that broke from the curse. A weakness appeared, greed.. Thus, the world was cleansed from evil while being broken. Leaving life without guidance nor moderation, purely dependant on their own mind. What would become of this world was uknown.

Toooooooo late to change it. Maybe you can start a religion that believes this, or not. But it's toooooooooooooo late to change the server's creation lore.

Toooooooo late to change it. Maybe you can start a religion that believes this, or not. But it's toooooooooooooo late to change the server's creation lore.

It doesn't affect anything but something that is unplayable, the evil character in this story could be named Iblees and done?

It doesn't affect anything but something that is unplayable, the evil character in this story could be named Iblees and done?

Still, it's too late. This server is based on that lore for what 2-3+ years? So no point in changing it. Yes the lore may not be "Amazing" but it's creation lore, not supposed to be. No point in fixing something that ain't broke.

No matter what the "Creation" lore is my character will always refer to the original lore is the one true story

It should also be mentioned that our creation lore, Daemon is an English spelling, how we Aengel is a regional spelling of Angel in German (Engel in High German), and Ibless is an alternate spelling of Iblees, which is Satan in Arabic...

Even if this is our lore, and its' just an Islamic story we use for lore with creative liberties (Availer was so uncreative he had to use hiw IRL religion) it is still our lore, and we have based our entire server on it.

Guest Guest

Why change something that isn't broken. Plz.

**** off I wish people would stop trying to retcon perfectly fine Aegis lore and confuse all the people who read the lore in Aegis...

EDIT: Don't see why it matters that Availer stole an islamic story. I'd wager most people didn't know that until someone told them somewhere alone(besides Gaius).

Basically my opinion right there.

Edit: After reading through it all real quickly, you've simply switched around some of the names and kept most of the story the same..... God still creates the descendants, they still fight Iblees, they still get the curses and blessings. 

No matter what the "Creation" lore is my character will always refer to the original lore is the one true story

So I'm not the only one that remember the stuff with that lava and water thing.. Eh? Or what?

I prefer the older lore. Sorry. 

They don't even us LMs screw with the Creation Lore.

Much.

There is one confirmed fact in the Creation Lore, and that is that there was a war between the Descendant Races and Iblees in Year 0 that led to the imprisonment of Iblees and the racial curses. That's the fact.

The rest is half truth, allegory and embellishment, no more valid than any other Creation Myth. Or it may be completely true.

With the exception of that one fact, the Creation Story was so long ago that nobody really knows what happened. Players are free to make their own creation h"myths" and they're just as likely to be "right" as the original one. We're very careful not to trample on that, because if we do we railroad all IC religions into being carbon copies of the Tale of the Four Brothers with the names changed.

I honestly would love it of the majority of the creation story was removed. To a point of course, but I'd rather it be less set-in-stone than it is right now. Personal opinion.

I honestly would love it of the majority of the creation story was removed. To a point of course, but I'd rather it be less set-in-stone than it is right now. Personal opinion.

The Creation Lore is basically what the Aegians were told of their history by The Wandering Wizard. Some of it is definitely factual, some of it could just be a story or could be facts. There isn't much set in stone, and you're character doesn't have to believe any of it.

The Creation Lore is basically what the Aegians were told of their history by The Wandering Wizard. Some of it is definitely factual, some of it could just be a story or could be facts. There isn't much set in stone, and you're character doesn't have to believe any of it.

Then my point is that it should be made more clear. This is a tale, not necessarily the truth. See what I mean?

It was set in stone when it was new. Only since then has it been changed to be not necessarily correct.

As for things being clear, people have a great tendency to miss things. The posts directly above their own, for example. :P