*~. Uhiernan'maehr .~*

Drazker

Uhiernan'maehr
Seekers of Wisdom

167738.jpg

"Maehr. It is so simple a word for a concept so complex. As uhiernan'maehr, we seek the knowledge of the vast, mundane world we inhabit as well as the immaterium of the Void, filled with pure energy. As taelunan of both worlds, we accept the challenges before us and welcome them."

---

With a growing amount of players with student and teacher characters interested in magical and learning-based roleplay, I have opted to try and offer some active structure to this particular field of roleplay by creating a guild. While it will be influenced by the elven founder, the Seekers accept students of any race or sub-culture.

All members of the guild will be responsible for contributing to the collective roleplay, whether they are organizing events as an Archon of the order's conclave, offering training lessons or assigning tasks and missions to students as a teacher, or actively reporting to their teacher and attending all events and lessons as a student.

---

Student Application

Introduction:

When your character joins the Seekers as a student, they will undergo a few days' hazing. If they pass, they will be given the choice to enter the guild through the initiation ceremony. Membership in the guild is not taken lightly due to the responsibility that comes with such a font of knowledge, and students, after hazing and itiation, seldom part from the guild, or the guild's influence.

OOC Responsibilities:

• Only apply to this guild as your main character.
  • Attend every scheduled event you are informed of ahead of time. ( Unless IRL interferes. )
  • Do not go a full week without checking in with your teacher or a member of the guild's conclave.
  • Report any inactive teachers to the leader of the guild privately.

Application Format:

[ OOC ]

Minecraft username: 

Skype username: [ If applicable. ]

Timezone/Country: 

[ IC ]

*Write a letter, delivered by bird, addressed to Volet, the archmage, the Uhiernan'maehr, or a member of the guild's conclave detailing your character's interest in joining.*

---

Teacher Application

Introduction:

When your character applies to join the Seekers as a teacher, they will first to have to participate in an interview in which they demonstrate their abilities, answer a questionnaire, and allow the archmage to probe their min- I mean and come back later if they are accepted. A teacher of the Uhiernan'maehr is a full time job. It's a position not to be taken on lightly.

OOC Responsibilities:

• Only apply to this guild as your main character.
  • Attend every scheduled event you are informed of ahead of time. ( Unless IRL interferes. )
  • Do not go a full week without checking in with the guild's conclave.
  • Report any inactive teachers to the leader of the guild privately.
  • Come up with lessons, mundane tasks, missions, and projects to assign to your students.
  • Always provide quality roleplay with your students and with others.
  • Always act maturely and thoughtfully when coming into conflict with others. You represent the entire guild!
  • Provide at least one group session roleplay a week for your students.
  • If you do not have any assigned students, pursue research and engage the conclave for tasks or missions.

Application Format:

[ OOC ]

Minecraft username: 

Skype username: [ If applicable. ]

Timezone/Country: 

Former guilds you've joined:

[ IC ]

*Write a letter, delivered by bird, addressed to Volet, the archmage, the Uhiernan'maehr, or a member of the guild's conclave detailing your character's interest in joining.*

Minecraft username:  PiercingDarkness

Skype username: [ If applicable. ] I'd prefer not to give my Skype.

Timezone/Country:  'Merica. Mountain Time. 

To the esteemed Volet, while your title of 'Arch-Mage' does annoy me, despite so, I wish to join your established guild of other practitioners of magic. I am applying as a teacher. Might I introduce myself so far, I prefer to go by the name Azgar, and I'm decently skilled with the practice of the art of pyrotechnics. You wouldn't regret at all adding me to that roster. I am also a practioner of a magic I'm working towards, the moving of items in and out of the void (in the form of moving a physical item there for temporary storage). 
Sincerely my thanks, Azgar. 

Ps: Arch-Mage is a title in the mages-guild as I assume you know.
Pss: Might want to find a title that sounds better. 

Minecraft username:  PiercingDarkness

Skype username: [ If applicable. ] I'd prefer not to give my Skype.

Timezone/Country:  'Merica. Mountain Time. 

To the esteemed Volet, while your title of 'Arch-Mage' does annoy me, despite so, I wish to join your established guild of other practitioners of magic. I am applying as a teacher. Might I introduce myself so far, I prefer to go by the name Azgar, and I'm decently skilled with the practice of the art of pyrotechnics. You wouldn't regret at all adding me to that roster. I am also a practioner of a magic I'm working towards, the moving of items in and out of the void (in the form of moving a physical item there for temporary storage). 

Sincerely my thanks, Azgar. 

Ps: Arch-Mage is a title in the mages-guild as I assume you know.

Pss: Might want to find a title that sounds better. 

*A correspondence would reach Azgar shortly.*

"It brings me joy to hear of your enthusiasm towards the idea of this institution, Azgar. I would surely like to arrange a meeting with you in person, as soon as possible, at your convenience, of course. In regards to your concern with my assumption of the title of 'Archmage', I have found it sticks much better in the minds of people than more traditional titles styled in the ancient language of the mali. Thus, I will continue to hold it as it serves it's purpose. Names are not some thing that can only be held by one institution or another and I would beg you to open your mind, as it will serve you well within this guild."

Application Format:

[ OOC ]

Minecraft username: Ratemenatorz59

Skype username: [ If applicable. ] Omgwherestherice

Timezone/Country: SMT Canada

[ IC ]

An owl stays its' claws on it's feathers as it brings the letter to the archmage.

To the archmage of this 'Mages Guild', I only wish for acceptance. I've no other things to add.

Now, should I tell you my name, that would ruin the fun, am I correct?

When we exchange our first gazes, I shall reveal to you my name.

Application Format:

[ OOC ]

Minecraft username: Ratemenatorz59

Skype username: [ If applicable. ] Omgwherestherice

Timezone/Country: SMT Canada

[ IC ]

An owl stays its' claws on it's feathers as it brings the letter to the archmage.

To the archmage of this 'Mages Guild', I only wish for acceptance. I've no other things to add.

Now, should I tell you my name, that would ruin the fun, am I correct?

When we exchange our first gazes, I shall reveal to you my name.

The owl returns with a new letter.

"Name the time and place."

Application Format:

[ OOC ]

Minecraft username: marb121

Skype username: bram.vos99

Timezone/Country: CET

[ IC ]

A raven lands infront of the Archmage.

"Dear archmage Volet, we already met and I hereby fill out this application.

Signed, Cillion Chase

Application Format:

[ OOC ]

Minecraft username: marb121

Skype username: bram.vos99

Timezone/Country: CET

[ IC ]

A raven lands infront of the Archmage.

"Dear archmage Volet, we already met and I hereby fill out this application.

Signed, Cillion Chase

The raven would, eventually, find it's way back to it's master, carrying the response on a scroll tied to it's leg.

"Thank you, Cillion! This will surely serve me well by cataloging your name as a student of the Order!

- Volet"

The owl returns with a new letter.

"Name the time and place."

The own would return yet again, it's eyes focused entirely on what it had sought- the archmage. The letter is already open.

"'tis your honor to name the time and place, archmage. I am but a mere student."

In the distance, a looming figure would smile behind his mask.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.