[Idea] Deaths

MamaBearJade

Thats why its a physical memory. You cant truly remember details. Joes hand could be the same size as Florance. Just cause you felt the pain does not mean you can know who hurt you

Then I'm confused. Physical memory implies that you remember what happened. Maybe you don't know how you died , but you get the details of which from the fear. It's too easily misinterpreted and can easily be turned into Meta-gaming. My mind isn't going to change , this is a bad idea.

Then I'm confused. Physical memory implies that you remember what happened. Maybe you don't know how you died , but you get the details of which from the fear. It's too easily misinterpreted and can easily be turned into Meta-gaming. My mind isn't going to change , this is a bad idea.

Look at what jist said. Thats how I picture the feeling. Not "I remember being stabbed in the chest by a brroadsword of this type"

More like. The feeling of flesh tingling as if too close to a flame or the feeling of heaviness in the chest near water. Stuff that makes it more of a fear or feeling. A "Phantom Pain"

Look at what jist said. Thats how I picture the feeling. Not "I remember being stabbed in the chest by a brroadsword of this type"

More like. The feeling of flesh tingling as if too close to a flame or the feeling of heaviness in the chest near water. Stuff that makes it more of a fear or feeling. A "Phantom Pain"

But you can still link that pain... using logic and the weapons that your enemies use.

The fact is ; people can/will meta-game with this. That is the bottom line.

But you can still link that pain... using logic and the weapons that your enemies use.

The fact is ; people can/will meta-game with this. That is the bottom line.

then the one who did the killing can ban report them.

People can meta-game nearly EVERYTHING.

I personally will make it a point to PM the person prior to make sure its okay that I remember just one small portion.

then the one who did the killing can ban report them.

People can meta-game nearly EVERYTHING.

I personally will make it a point to PM the person prior to make sure its okay that I remember just one small portion.

People can , but this is one case of meta-gaming that would be hard to track. Someone could easily hire a bounty hunter or tracker to kill the 'killer' , but the meta-gaming might not be found out. My mind isn't going to change.

then i wont try to change your mind. ^_^

This doesn't seem metagame-y. It's just being traumatized by death, something that I'd think would be pretty traumatic. It doesn't have to be that you remember you were stabbed, simply carry over some injuries or pain from the death or be mentally shaken up. Something we're free to do, so far as I know, and that I've done in the past for deaths that were particularly meaningful or well-done.

I do this already. 

I like, but I would just suggest this one thing where like the feeling lasts for as long as the players wants it to last, Like maybe for a whole IRL day or maybe just a mc day :P?

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/107339-lore-the-curse-of-flesh/ 

I wrote this in order to add a little depth to player deaths. Perhaps how one should feel after being revived shouldn't reflect on how they died, but they must deal with the fact they had met their demise and are not cursed with an affliction that causes their flesh to fall apart. It would give fear to death, perhaps, if it was an implemented system.

what if its like a 'past life' sort of thing. I know some people (myself included) that believe in that, and that memories and experiences effect our daily lives. I'm terrified of spiders, but i don't know why. perhaps in a past life a giant spider tried to kill me? I'm also terrified of heights. perhaps in one i died of falling off a cliff?

So if a character 'dies' in some way, like falling off a cliff, they could develop a fear of such a thing. They don't know why, but they feel scared and nervous around high places? Its a choice of course, through rp, but it might be interesting

However, what about being told by the monks how or feeling how.

The monks would never tell you that information if you held ones neck with a knife. Because WE DO NOT KNOW. When a monk resurrects without a body(these being the NPC monks,), would not know cause of death.

We wont be told we died. but its the feeling of something that happened with a strange pain you cant quite explain. This does not mean you feel that Joe Shmoe's axe is what killed you as his axe could be the same as Bob's broadsword. It means you felt something paining you around the area that was damaged/killed you, but not /real/ pain. Basically like the phantom pains people feel when they lose a limb

Say you died because your head was crushed by an orc. You're revived and have a splitting headache for the next few days.

Or maybe you died in a house fire. For a while after, you get nervous and twitchy around flames.

Maybe a dark elf killed you. Suddenly all dark elves seem really creepy.

Perhaps your leg was cut off and you bled to death. You walk with a limp for a few days.

Or how about strangulation. For a while after being revived, you talk with a stutter or just barely above a whisper.

If you were killed in a certain city, you might get an uneasy feeling about it and avoid going back there for a while.

There's no meta in this, it's just RPing the consequences of death. I don't think it needs to be mandatory either, and what the effects are exactly should be left up to the player. They could be physical (limping, stuttering, headache) or psychological (unexplained fear or paranoia).

People can , but this is one case of meta-gaming that would be hard to track. Someone could easily hire a bounty hunter or tracker to kill the 'killer' , but the meta-gaming might not be found out. My mind isn't going to change.

That doesn't make sense at all. How would you possibly derive a name from a sensation? I'll go to the head crushed by hammer. You know you have a terrible headache. Who says you didn't fall and die from the fall? Or in regard to an axe cutting off your head, you got your head cut off yeah, you feel the stinging pain in the region. But you can't deduce if it was an axe or sword or any information from it. 

Lets use the example of a small cut. You may not notice it until you see the stinging, but then you can't recall where you even got it from ( Happens to me ALL the time)