A "how To" For All Those Anti Or Bad Pvpers

JVQ

cbcc97ccb0b506b59e97b459ae0a8779.png

Just saying..

How does PvP change this lol

That's an argument that gets thrown around a lot however I don't really have an hour to sit there typing out various emotes to attack and dodge. I'm a working man who gets about half an hour a day to chill on here and I'd rather not spend it circlejerking around in a single fight.

Though Niccum I like the guide. You lucienist scum don't know how to pvp though. Come at the sovetski bruh!

One thing I will never understand is why no compromise has been made at all. People like PVP, people like RP. People don't like RP because it takes too long and involves powergaming, people don't like PVP because it isn't rp.

Most obvious compromise? Rolling. Why? Because PVPers don't have to deal with the risk of powergaming and it takes far less time. And roleplayers get their roleplay. Sure PvPers don't actually get to PvP 1v1...But in large battles they do, where as roleplayers only get to rp fight if the other party is up to rp fight. Meaning that PvP is 100% guranteed, while rp isn't. See that problem? That's not a compromise, that's going from one extreme (Pure RP default) to another (Pure PvP default). The arguments and drama this has caused, and all the ban reports and so on (Of which I might add have not dropped in number like PvPers said they would, they've remained pretty much the same as they used to as it pertains to quantity). 

Roll fighting is the best solution to an issue we're not solving, and while PvP is fun (Yes I'd say I am a quite good pvper), perhaps its' not right to force it all the time, when pvp still happens in large battles and in groups of 5+. So why not switch to rolling default beyond the need of a plugin which has proper rolling (Though our current one works just fine, factoring in skills and what not can be done later or not at all and we'd be no worse for ware as it pertains to this). No one gets an unusual edge, and it solves some the issues which each side presents since it is a compromise

#Rolldefault2014

As for the guide? Nice job.

Edit: We can have both...Roll default with rp + PvP with larger scale battles!

I PvP a lot. A good tactic also is to when on higher ground than an opponent, try to sprint-knock them off to a place bellow as well as dodging to the side before they can hit you. 

There's no established system of roll fighting. Plenty of potential powergaming is possible. Besides roll fighting would still take forever and some of us don't have all day to text each other to death, DND style or no.

You have to roleplay before combat, this is not darkages.nl. If I have to literally take a video from each servers to show you the difference because you lot are finding something to whine about because video games are enjoyed by whining about it!.

Likewise, Vaquxine even explicitly said that the /roll system is actually unbalanced. How so? I don't understand, but he made that explicitly clear.

The issue with rolling is that we don't have an attribute system similar to Traditional Gaming. PVP is just how it is for now.  As to this guide, well done, I'm certain some will find it useful. 

This is actually something that has been bothering me for awhile now. I feel this pvp vs. Rp fight is yet another tear in the server. It's why I've been trying to work with the rest of the staff to find some sort of compromise. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them! Feel free to pm me.

Here is a compromise.

Open AppData -> Roaming -> .Minecraft

Realize you are playing Minecraft?

Here is a compromise.

Precisely. Things don't need to be overcomplicated.

Here is a compromise.

That shtick got old three years ago, Gaius. At this point, you've continuously exacerbated the fact 2/3 of your posts are saying the exact same thing.

That shtick got old three years ago, Gaius. At this point, you've continuously exacerbated the fact 2/3 of your posts are saying the exact same thing.

In his defense it's really obnoxious and ******-y when people try to turn minecraft into some strange Final Fantasy text based game

In his defense it's really obnoxious and ******-y when people try to turn minecraft into some strange Final Fantasy text based game

I can agree with that, but it is a bit blunderous to completely dismiss a middle ground between mechanics and roleplay. As it is now, it has to be seen that the people who prefer RP fighting are completely ignored or scoffed at, which is a bit annoying. Of course the fact it's minecraft has to be considered, but the fact is, Minecraft is a platform: sure, you build on it, destroying it is a bad idea, but you're /meant/ to add on to it, not just use the barebones.