[Lore] Fairy

Cjmate

Fairy Lore

29y1n2o.jpg

History

The Fairy is a rare creature that lives within a Moor. These can be hilly or rocky areas with low-growing shrubs and little to no cultivation. Known documentation of fairies mainly derives from oral ruskan folklore. Records describe them as tiny beings that permeated throughout the area known as Augustine. These stories may have arisen due to the constant threat of villagers being captured and taking by the Scourge of the North.

Description

Fairies are small creatures with the ability to fly short distances and turn invisible for short periods of time (10 seconds). They stand at no more than one foot, which would be extremely tall for one of their kind. Their small frame makes them extremely fragile, and it would be impossible for them to fight amongst anyone other than their own kind. Fairies are genderless, and they cannot procreate amongst themselves. Little is known as to how a Fairy is born, which leaves it to speculation.

They range from a multitude of colors, but earthen colors such as brown and black are the most frequent. If they wear clothing, it is usually patchwork bits of cloth that have been stolen from local housewives.

Disposition

These creatures possess high intelligence; however, they funnel this intelligence into negligible acts. They tend to start mischief by stealing from local peasants. They are a curious race, and they frequently start pranks, steal baubles, and mess with the local’s gardens. This usually leads to them being hunted and sold as a curiosity, or appeased by putting out small treats out for them by the doorstep.

Loot

When captured, they often yield a sizable bounty of loot that they have stolen from local people. This can range from buttons to gold, but the objects are usually small in size. In exchange for freedom, fairies will often disclose the location of their loot storage. If the fairy is tricked into being captured after having it’s loot taken, it can curse the person. The curses are usually minor: hair falling out, things going missing, forgetting things. Once free, they usually move far away from the area so as to not be captured again.

OOC

The main purpose of this creature is so that there is a creature within the event team bestiary that is not warlike. I have been looking for creatures that can provide roleplay outside of the combat spectrum, so this is my idea for that cause.

This will not be a general playable race; I want to use it for an event. Special permission could be allowed.

I intend to expand on this idea greatly by creating a short story involving them.

*Sighs*

Time to right lore on Kokori-like people so these fairies can bond with some sort of race...

Yes~ And considering there was a little snow fairy in New Malinor with her snow tower, i think it's high time to introduce them into some kind of lore. +1

yissshhh +1 this lore is quite familiar to all the myth's about these lil goofy creatures! and love to joke around! so i agree totally sould be accepted!

ET members may play creatures that do not follow implemented lore, BNK is the proof of it, as he played a LOT of them. Having lore never harms thought, and if you design a storyline around this creature, I believe the players would receive quite the entertaining roleplay.

Just one things, "These creatures possess the same intelligence as a Goblin, though they are not a warlike people because of it." Does that mean they are smart? By lore, Goblins are the engineers and thinkers of Orc race, but they are commonly seen as stupid by the players. Perhaps it's better to specify this.

Either way, happy RP'ing, and I'll quote this in the lore list if you don't mind.

ET members may play creatures that do not follow implemented lore, BNK is the proof of it, as he played a LOT of them. Having lore never harms thought, and if you design a storyline around this creature, I believe the players would receive quite the entertaining roleplay.

Just one things, "These creatures possess the same intelligence as a Goblin, though they are not a warlike people because of it." Does that mean they are smart? By lore, Goblins are the engineers and thinkers of Orc race, but they are commonly seen as stupid by the players. Perhaps it's better to specify this.

Either way, happy RP'ing, and I'll quote this in the lore list if you don't mind.

Yeah, I know I do not have to write lore for ET creatures, but I prefer to do it so people have something to see on forums. Also, I assumed Goblins were dumb. I did not know that it is just a stereotype. Basically, I don't want genius creatures with superpowers. I want them to be silly and fantasy-esque.

Edit: I am going to revamp this post and make it a bit more intricate. I think it is fine, but I can elaborate more. I wrote it between class periods.

Yes~ And considering there was a little snow fairy in New Malinor with her snow tower, i think it's high time to introduce them into some kind of lore. +1

Fiend XD that was so adorable. +1

Goblins in LotC are pretty stupid...

at least, that's how it seem slol

I wanna be a fairy!! =D

+1

Very nice lore, however! I believe, you've left out one key quality of well-known fairy folklore...

Their mighty Corgi Cavalry!

H6QI3Mx.jpg

That just made my sad, lonely day into one of joy and contentedness. 

I want to see a horde of angered Raevir peasants chasing a fairy to it's hoard.