[Idea] Nation Leader Forced-Perma?

Watty_Banker

Today I was thinking about nation leaders and their deaths.

I remembered back when Anthos was new and the Queen of Oren was captured by the Orcs then beheaded in-front of half the server or something like that. After this the Queen just strolled around as if nothing happened. She was revived by the monks and that was the end of it.

I'm sure this may have been suggested before but just hear me out:

I don't know since I haven't been a nation leader but maybe if Nation leaders or Characters that are of similar position are captured and killed it should be a Perma-kill.

This has lots of benefits to RP and few Cons.

Benefits:

- Creates a better more intense RP situation. Nation leaders would be more aware of who is around them and out to get them. They might hire bodyguards to watch over them. Whilst Assassination attempts would be more greater planned with more players

- If a nation leader is kidnapped it would make players want to actually save them

- Warfare can be more RP and sneaky compared to just open Battles of who the best team wins.

Cons:

- Would probably lead to a lot of new Nation leaders every month

- Nation leaders may not want their characters to be ded4eva

- Could possibly cause OOC tension between player-bases

I don't know how this would happen but It would just create a lot more of a fragility to the lives of these 'Immortal Regeants'

What does everyone think? I don't know if it could be a rule.. but more of a guideline

VVV

Solid leaders don't come around often. Allowing people to destroy a leader who generates RP will only hurt LotC.

A solution to the con of not being dead forever could just be a forced removal of their crown, rather than perma. Explanation for that is vauge, but I like the idea.

Edit:

But at the same time, they should have some time where this is null. If they reign for like 6 months, then maybe. But not within the first month.

Solid leaders don't come around often. Allowing people to destroy a leader who generates RP will only hurt LotC.

This

The last thing we need is more incentive to kill, as well. It's not an ideal method for a server such as LotC.

Following that logic, it would also be fair to perma whatever would-be assassins, should they die, in whatever form they come. This could range from bandits to soldiers. If a nation leader was in a battle, whoever they slew would be forced to perma, etc.

I have never seen an assassin ever graciously accept defeat either, rather they themselves keep coming back and trying to kill whoever.

The only benefit I could see from this is shortening wars, making the leaders of nations duel each other, whoever loses legitimately permas. It could provide for incentive to NOT go to war with fellow nations, but I doubt anyone would ever actually do that.

Don't force people to do anything, but if there's a rebellion or something of the sort and the King is captured and killed, for the good of roleplay, the Nation Leader should just kill off his Character.  It's what Esterlen did and it brought about a lot more roleplay.  Don't force it, then people wouldn't even roleplay as Nation Leaders as for fear of being killed.

Don't force people to do anything, but if there's a rebellion or something of the sort and the King is captured and killed, for the good of roleplay, the Nation Leader should just kill off his Character.  It's what Esterlen did and it brought about a lot more roleplay.  Don't force it, then people wouldn't even roleplay as Nation Leaders as for fear of being killed.

This, there should just be an understanding of some kind.

This, there should just be an understanding of some kind.

The last thing we need is more incentive to kill, as well. It's not an ideal method for a server such as LotC.

Following that logic, it would also be fair to perma whatever would-be assassins, should they die, in whatever form they come. This could range from bandits to soldiers. If a nation leader was in a battle, whoever they slew would be forced to perma, etc.

I have never seen an assassin ever graciously accept defeat either, rather they themselves keep coming back and trying to kill whoever.

The only benefit I could see from this is shortening wars, making the leaders of nations duel each other, whoever loses legitimately permas. It could provide for incentive to NOT go to war with fellow nations, but I doubt anyone would ever actually do that.

I agree with all of these

This sums it up.

Oh god no... Watty banker don't you even think of another assassin guild.

I remember further back then Anthos. In Asulon, i remember watching (I believe) Mirtok beheaded by Oren. Then he was walking around like nothing happened... I think that if a leader is executed, that they should have to. If its just something stupid..then no

Forced PKs should never happen.

No.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/107178-the-national-laws-of-the-conclave-of-malin/

1. Trial by combat

1. The accused may enter combat against the selected judiciary champion to clear their name of criminal charges. Those accused whom lose the trial will not be revived by the monks as per agreement. ((Meaning, if you, the accused lose the trial by combat you must permanently kill off your character. The judiciary champion is not bound to this agreement, only the accused stands to permanently die.))

I have to call Zombie bullshit on you Relgard. That is directly from the laws of the Conclave. If someone wants to fight, they have to kill off their character. That's a forced PK. So, your comment is moot.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/107178-the-national-laws-of-the-conclave-of-malin/

1. Trial by combat

1. The accused may enter combat against the selected judiciary champion to clear their name of criminal charges. Those accused whom lose the trial will not be revived by the monks as per agreement. ((Meaning, if you, the accused lose the trial by combat you must permanently kill off your character. The judiciary champion is not bound to this agreement, only the accused stands to permanently die.))

I have to call Zombie bullshit on you Relgard. That is directly from the laws of the Conclave. If someone wants to fight, they have to kill off their character. That's a forced PK. So, your comment is moot.

That's not a forced PK - It's a chosen risk. Never has anyone been forced to take that risk, and there is no situation in which a person would be forced to take that risk.

Since they aren't forced to take that risk, it's no more a 'forced' PK than suicide is - It's entirely up to you whether or not you go that route.

I agree... somewhat. If the roleplay is particularly bad, then really it would only make things worse, not better. Maybe if someone wants to have the nation leader killed permanently they can get a GM to watch the rp and then if it IS superb they must perma. I dunno, it doesn't seem right to force them on the off chance the rp really is bad.