[Recruiting] The Winterguard

AmK

t8yamY3.png

History

The Winterguard was formed out of the remnants of the Sons of the Creator by Andrew Winter. During this time the order prospered, and clashed with the Scourge many times than any other force. They served as the first defense of Anthos against the Scourge, lying right between them and Abresi. Andrew Winter was soon killed in combat, though and was replaced briefly by Vectis Vekon until David Winter finally took leadership. At that time, the kingdom of Herendul was formed, and the Winterguard became the primary military force of the kingdom. Many patrols were sent out to the North, and the Winterguard has a good number of victories over the Scourge. Their fighting style was a cross between rangers (when patrolling the North) and that of a regular knightly order. The Winterguard helped defend Malinor many times as well. That soon ended when Prince David Winter was killed in combat by a Harbinger. Without leadership, the Winterguard disintegrated, ultimately ceasing to exist.

After Oren was reunified, the Archduchy of Herendul in need of a new fighting force established the Brotherhood of the Northmen along with George Blackwell, count of Ager-Norfolk. Though it was small, and after the Duchy of Valles were relieved of their vassalship to Herendul, a new military was needed. Harold Winter II and Oliver Blackwell, count of Ager-Norfolk revived the Winterguard. The Brotherhood of the Northmen were assimilated into it, and Oliver Blackwell was given the position as Kommandant.

Ranks

Commandment

The Commandmentt leads the Order, all of his orders are obeyed without question. He handles all promotions.

Current Commandment: Count Oliver Blackwell of Ager

Grand Captain

The Grand Captain is second in command of the entirety of the Winterguard. He leads the Order in the Commandment's absence.

Captain

Captains are the senior officers of the Order. They help the Commandment and Grand Captain in leadership of the Order, and regularly drill the men.

Sergeant

Sergeants are the sergeants of the Order, drilling the men and supervising them in tasks such as guard duty.

Footman

Footmen are foot soldiers and the proud full members of the Order who serve as the main force during a battle. They are in the process of being trained to the skill that is required for a sersjant.

Physician

Women are allowed into the ranks as noncombatant assistants to the soldiers. They are to assist soldiers during battles and care for the wounded afterwards. They do retrieve training in combat as well.

Quartermaster

In addition to his rank, a soldier may be given the position of quartermaster. The quartermaster is responsible of distribution of all materials to the ranks and keeping a well supplied storage.

Remunerations

All members of the Winterguard receive free bunking, rations, and gear. Each rank receives a different amount of pay. The salaries are as follows:

Physicians: 60 minas a saint’s week

Footman: 70 minas a saint’s week

Sergeant: 80 minas a saint’s week

Captain: 110 minas a saint’s week

Grand Captain: 140 minas a saint’s week

Quartermasters receive an additional fifteen minas per saint’s week in addition to their normal salary

___________________________________________________________________________________

Oath

I… do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

Obligations

-Men of the Guard are expected to work and contribute to the Guard, including doing tasks such as mining, woodcutting, farming, smithing, and fighting.

- Men of the Guard are expected to fulfil their religious duties.

- Men of the Guard are expected to protect the Royal Family and members of Herendul.

- Men of the Guard are expected to be honorable, loyal, and respectful.

- Men of the Guard are expected to represent the Guard in a good way in public; random acts of crime will not be tolerated.

- Men of the Guard are expected to hold a faith in the King, The Creator, and the Creator’s making of Horen and the world.

- Men of the Guard are expected to follow the Code of Chivalry as closely as possible.

Religious Duties

Members of  the Winterguard are expected to follow three tiers of religious duties. They are as follow:

1. Attend every mass in the chapel, and to attempt to attend any other mass within the kingdom.

2. Protect the faith against heretics and blasphemy, and to assist any man of the Creator.

3. Have an extensive knowledge of all of the church’s doctrines and of each Saint and Exalted.

Honors

The Knight’s Prestige:

A Physical medal which represents the highest honor in the order, achieved by being formally knighted.

The Act Of Valor:

A Medal which represents a great amount of bravery, and a soldier's ability to go above and beyond the call of battle.

The Act Of Loyality:

A Medal which is achieved by proving to be as loyal as a solider could be. This could be achieved by proving an order member's dedication to his Crown, Order, and his oaths.

Honor of Tenure:

This is a medal which is achieved by being an active member of the order for ten years ((5 months)). Having this medal makes the Act of Loyalty medal easier to achieve.

Joining

OOC

MC name:

Skype name:

RP

Name:

Experience:

Oath:

I… do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I am a grave man.

IoXwj9y.png

OOC

MC name: randomgamer1

Skype name: randomgamer7

RP

Name: Hadrian Geminine

Experience: Served in the Order of Northmen, and the Guard of Abresi for a short period.

Oath:

I Hadrian Geminine do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, Count Oliver Blackwell, Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

MC name: shorty794

Skype name: short stack794

RP

Name: Jarold

Experience: I have served in the Order of Northmen, and the Guard of Abresi.

Oath:

I, Jarold, do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, Count Oliver Blackwell of Ager, Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

OOC

MC name: randomgamer1

Skype name: randomgamer7

RP

Name: Hadrian Geminine

Experience: Served in the Order of Northmen, and the Guard of Abresi for a short period.

Oath:

I Hadrian Geminine do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, Count Oliver Blackwell, Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

MC name: shorty794

Skype name: short stack794

RP

Name: Jarold

Experience: I have served in the Order of Northmen, and the Guard of Abresi.

Oath:

I, Jarold, do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, Count Oliver Blackwell of Ager, Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

Accepted.

Report to Castle Glouchrich for your uniform and bunking.

MC Name: rekrules

Skype Name: Rileylizz

RP

Name: Elizabeth Geminine

Experience: Previous medic in the Northmen.

I, Elizabeth Geminine, do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator's, and your will, ... Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it's kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

MC Name: rekrules

Skype Name: Rileylizz

RP

Name: Elizabeth Geminine

Experience: Previous medic in the Northmen.

I, Elizabeth Geminine, do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator's, and your will, ... Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it's kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

Accepted.

OOC

MC name: c360

Skype name: Christian C360 (If that isn't correct I will message later)

RP

Name: Endeavour

Experience: Served Lord Harold Winter II, scholar (If that counts for anything)

Oath:

I Endeavour do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

OOC

MC name: c360

Skype name: Christian C360 (If that isn't correct I will message later)

RP

Name: Endeavour

Experience: Served Lord Harold Winter II, scholar (If that counts for anything)

Oath:

I Endeavour do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

Accepted.

OOC:

MC Name: xboxershortz

Skype Name: I don't have Skype.

RP:

Name: Copernicus Vanderson the Second

Experience: Doctor and Botanist of the Brotherhood of the North, scientist.

I, Copernicus Vanderson the Second, do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator's, and your will, Kommandant of the Winterguard, and all your offspring, according to my obligations to the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all its kin until the day I claim the deathbed.

-Ignore this, actually. This was a mistake and you haven't been accepted yet sorry :3- 

OOC:

MC Name: xboxershortz

Skype Name: I don't have Skype.

RP:

Name: Copernicus Vanderson the Second

Experience: Doctor and Botanist of the Brotherhood of the North, scientist.

I, Copernicus Vanderson the Second, do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator's, and your will, Kommandant of the Winterguard, and all your offspring, according to my obligations to the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all its kin until the day I claim the deathbed.

Accepted.

OOC

MC name: Ripper101

Skype name: You already have it.

RP

Name: Peter Geminine

Experience: Ample, but I have learned some from my Uncle Seymour and my father, an ex-rose.

Oath:

Peter Geminine do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

OOC

MC name: Ripper101

Skype name: You already have it.

RP

Name: Peter Geminine

Experience: Ample, but I have learned some from my Uncle Seymour and my father, an ex-rose.

Oath:

Peter Geminine do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

Accepted.

OOC

MC name: jacobom

Skype name: Jacob Oddie

RP

Name: Rogg'Kar

Experience: Served as an officer in the brotherhood of northmen, earned the act of loyalty while there.

Oath:

I… do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of Herendul, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve Herendul, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

OOC

MC name: jacobom

Skype name: Jacob Oddie

RP

Name: Rogg'Kar

Experience: Served as an officer in the brotherhood of northmen, earned the act of loyalty while there.

Oath:

Accepted.