The Huntsguard

Emenzi

THE HUNTSGUARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj_wyw6Xrq4

~ House Stafyr ~

House Stafyr currently led by Lord Farley Stafyr II, son of Lord Edmund Stafyr is a long living and lasting noble house, one that has stood for many generations and shall continue to stand for many more. The house has been through its large share of tragedies and has suffered and gained greatly in their time.

The now great house was once a small family of harmless lumberjacks, friends to Oren after providing their skilled services in the lumberjack trade. After a few years within the lands the house grew and grew, expanding as the thought dead members began to reunite within the small hold of Huntshill on the island of Elysium. House Stafyr was once nothing but a few mere lumberjacks, now great lords who follow a moral code of Law, Honor and loyalty, such a code is expected to be followed by its servants as well. This mainly applying to the Huntsguard.

~The Huntsguard~

The Huntsguard is the local guard and military force of House Stafyr, tasked to protect the emperor’s peace within the lands of Stafyr.

Formed by Lord Farley II. Stafyr and Ser Daniel Baelish the Huntsguard takes the aspects of regular infantry combat and mixes it together with an elite force of rangers, as given by the name Huntsguard.

Named after the old settlement of Stafyr, Huntshill upon the island of Elysium and it’s successor New Huntshill in the lands of the Fringe.

Stafyrs being avid hunters and falconeers the old forgotten symbol of House Stafyr, the falcon was chosen to represent the symbol of the Huntsguard, placed upon the golden cross of the house itself.

~ Moral Code ~

The Huntsguard must follow a simple code followed by all nobles of the Stafyr name, the code being: Law, Honour, loyalty. Three simplistic traits that must be taken on, adapted and drilled into the mind of the guardsmen so that they may server the name Stafyr properly. They are taught to respect all and protect the weak, uphold the law and have the utmost loyalty to the house they server.

~Lodging~

The members of the Huntsguard are given lodges within the keep in New Huntshill, all ranks are brought to live and work there regardless of position within the guard, ensuring a bond of companionship between those in the guard as they live under the same roof.

~Ranks~

Within the Huntsguard there are several different ranks and each individual rank has their own role to fill, ensuring that the guard is fully functionable in all their tasks and duties. The guard is also divided into three different sections, there is the guard section, the ranger section and the non combatant section. All sharing equally important roles within the guard.

~The Kommandant~

The Kommandant of the Huntsguard is the sole leader and highest ranking officer of the Huntsguard, a man of important stature within New Huntshill and the main military advisor to the Lord of House Stafyr.

The responsibilities of the Kommandant are many, mainly that of organization and management of the entirety of the guard, ensuring that all different sections are fully capable of their duties.

Selected directly by the Lord Stafyr himself, the Kommandant is entrusted as the marshal of House Stafyr, a position as military advisor upon the lord’s council within the Southern keep and is expected to hold the utmost knowledge in different types of war.

The Kommandant is not directly responsible for any of the different sections and is to ensure that suitable leaders are chosen for each section,  he is however expected to be a rolemodel for all men within the Huntsguard, regardless of section.

If anything of major events happened it is the duty of the Kommandant to himself inform the Lord of Stafyr so that actions may be taken, he is also required  to give general reports to his lordship every elven week.

The Kommandant is outfitted in the finest armour and weapons, also granted a personal sword forged by a master blacksmith as proof of his loyalty and years of service.

He is expected to have knowledge in many styles of fighting and to if the Lord Stafyr is incapable directly lead the men upon the field of battle.

He is given free quarters and office within the keep but if the captain has a family of his own, he is granted permission to live with his family within a tax free abode in New Huntshill. His quarters in the keep still remaining for his free usage.

07fb5c241182ac0b25ce82bc3d6e61e7-d4sm9ib

~Rekrut~

A Rekrut is a newly fresh recruit, taken from the application process to not yet have been put into any section. He is to go through different trials and prove himself  to the officers as to show himself worthy.

A Rekrut is given the lightest of equipment and not allowed to perform any legal duties within the lands of House Stafyr, only permitted to train within the keep so that he may be chosen to one of the sections.

He is granted a bunk and a bed within the keep, down by the prison cells where the sewage water runs through, this is to push the rekrut further so that he may be more eager to be accepted into one of the sections and become a brother of arms within the Huntsguard.

leather_armor_by_karehb-d466otd.jpg

~Guard section~

The guard section is focused upon the usage of infantry and close quarter combat, the main responsibility of the guard being that of ensuring the safety and security of New Huntshill and the keep.

They are tasked with patrolling the streets of New Huntshill ensuring the safety of the populace, they are tasked with guarding the outer sections of the keep to protect the House of Stafyr, they are tasked to guard the gates or New Huntshill to ensure safe passage in and out of the town and they are also tasked with representing House Stafyr upon the field of battle in times of war.

~Sheriff~

The leader of the Guard section is called a Sheriff, he is directly in charge of the law enforcement within New Huntshill and can hold trials, hand out punishments and issue warrants within New Huntshill, ensuring the security and safety of the land.

The Sheriff is appointed by the Kommandant for his service within the guardforce and dedication to upholding the law, his tasks and responsibilities lies within organizing the guard section and ensuring a functionable system for law enforcement.

The Sheriff has the power and is required to promote members within the guard section but has no authority to relinquish a guard from his oath, only that can be done by the Kommandant or the Lord himself.

He is required to organize the patrols of the guard and to participate in a certain quota as to ensure that he does not grow lazy or careless, he is also required to write regular reports to the Kommandant.

The Sheriff is outfitted in a set of iron armour, covered in the tabard of Huntsguard and accompanied with a rough leather cloak on his back. He is permitted to fight with the weapon of his choosing but is required to have been trained in the usage of both swordsmanship and halberds.

The Sheriff is granted an office and quarters within the keep, where he is required to live to ensure the respect and loyalty of the guard section that he is chosen to lead.

character_practice_2_by_fetsch-d56rucw.j

~Serjeant~

Within the guard section there are two Serjeants, each in charge of their own squad of gardists, they are required to lead the patrols set out to them by the Sheriff and has the authority to arrest criminals and issue minor punishments to them at the scene of the crime, depending on the offense.

They are required to lead their individual squads in times of war and to ensure that the gates of New Huntshill is manned, to provide safe passage through the town.

They are selected by the Sheriff for their service within the guard section, proving their loyalty and their leadership capabilities.

The Serjeants are outfitted in a set of iron armour together with a light iron plated helmet, as standard issue for Serjeants. They are given bastard swords and kite shields to fight with, together with a halberd for guard duty.

At times the Serjeants may be picked to serve as personal bodyguards to the lord of Stafyr, depending on the situation. This makes it so that a Serjeant must have been proven to be loyal to the House and no ordinary man would be able to receive it without proving dedication and loyalty.

The Serjeants are each given small private quarters within the keep, where they are required to live close to their men as to ensure a bond of companionship but also showing their position as officers with their personal quarters.

city_guard_captain_by_windmaker-d57hk98.

~Gardist~

The Gardist is the lowest ranking member of the guard section, a man who has taken the steps from a recruit and selected for his skills within close quarter combat to the guard section, he is assigned under a Serjeant as part of a squad and required to participate in patrols, guard the gates and all other duties tasked upon him by his officers.

A gardist are outfitted in light iron armour, together with chainmail hoods. The standard issued equipment. They are trained in the style of fighting with halberds and each given their own halberd to fight with, together with an arming sword as their secondary weapon.

The Gardists are each given a bunk within the barracks of the keep together with a chest to store their personal items, they have full access to all the parts of the keep and all it’s accommodations.

city_guard_by_windmaker-d57hjsk.jpg

~Ranger Section~

The Ranger section consists of a group of handpicked men, renowned for their skills within archery and horse riding, appointed as the main guards of the keep and all outer landholdings of House Stafyr.

They fight on horseback or on their feet, taking down their foes with their skills of archery and that of swordsmanship. To hone their skills they are required to do what the guard has been named for, hunt. Either animals in the forests or foes in the wars.

~Hauptmann~

The Hauptmann is the direct leader of the Ranger section, handpicked by the Kommandant for his service within the Ranger section and his proven leadership qualities.

Tasked with organizing and at times participating in riding patrols on the outskirts of Werdenberg and in other landholdings held by House Stafyr or it’s vassals, to ensure the security and safety of those holds. He is also required to manage the specific selection of men to serve the Ranger section and to train the men. He is also tasked to lead hunts with the men, to train their capabilities.

The Hauptmann has the power and authority to issue arrests and warrants in all the lands of Stafyr, but in the town of Werdenberg his word can be overridden by the Sheriff.

The Hauptmann is in general considered the personal bodyguard of the lord of Stafyr unless the Kommandant wishes to take that position upon himself, he is required to hold the utmost loyalty to House Stafyr and is not allowed to fear death.

The Hauptmann is outfitted with a set of light leather armor, together with a leather cloak and fur hood. He is given a bow made by the finest wood together with an arming sword to fight his enemies on close range. He is also given his own horse, to ensure that he can fully participate in the patrols that he organizes. If the horse would be stolen he would be corporally punished then given a new one for a fee or if it was to be killed in combat he was to be granted a new one.

He is given a set of private quarters in the keep together with a personal study, in which he is required to live in to keep the bond of brotherhood that is required with the Ranger section alive.

the_archer_by_cyrilt-d3jv6dq.jpg

~Jaeger~

The Jaeger is the only other rank within the Ranger section, a brother amongst brother he is considered an elite soldier within New Huntshill for his proficiency with the bow and arrow. Hand Picked carefully by the Hauptmann in the early recruitment stages.

The Jaegers are tasked with the duty to together with his brothers participate in mounted patrols in the outer lands of House Stafyr and to ensure the safety of it’s inhabitants. When they are not doing this they are required to train and keep the keep safe together with the members of House Stafyr.

The Jaegers are each given their own bow and are all required to know how to fletch arrows for themselves, they are also given arming swords to combat enemies at close quarters. Together with this they are equipped in light leather armor together with fur hoods. They are each given one horse, if the horse is stolen the Jaeger would be corporally punished for his recklessness and forced to pay the minas for a new horse, until that would be finished he would be suspended from duty. If the horse would be killed in combat he would be given a new one at a small fee.

All Jaegers are all given rooms within the keep, that they are to share in pairs of two with one another.

mercenary_archer_by_windmaker-d5a8ttl.jp

~Non combat section~

~Cook~

The cook of the Huntsguard is tasked with ensuring that the men of the guard are always well fed and given rations for war.

He is given a small private quarter in the lower sections of the keep with direct access to the kitchen and dining room of the Keep, at times he may be tasked in times of need to assist the head chef.

~Blacksmith~

The blacksmith of the Huntsguard is tasked with forging and repairing the weapons and armour of all men within the guard, he is also required to forge horseshoes and other materials for the stable keeper.

The blacksmith is given a personal forge within the keep together with private quarters directly adjacent to it, if permitted to by the Kommandant he may take on an apprentice to assist him in his forge.

~Stable keeper~

The stable keeper is tasked with the management, breeding and health of all horses belonging to the ranger section and if any other man of the guard would own a personal horse, he is tasked with feeding the horses and ensuring their full health.

The stable keeper is given small personal quarters within the stables and may take upon a stable boy to help him with his daily duties, a stable boy must however be under the age of sixteen.

~Physician~

The Physician of the Huntsguard is tasked with maintaining the health of all men within the guard. If a guard would be injured or go sick it is the task of the physician to do whatever it takes to heal his injury.

The Physician is granted all necessary equipments, herbs and materials for his duty and is also given a personal study, private quarters and a operation room, all adjacent to one another.

~Recruitment form~

[[OOC]]

MC Name -

Age (Not necessary) -

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) -

--------------

Full name -

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? -

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) -

Why should we accept you? -

Oath -

I -Insert name- do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

-------------------

0lORuN7.png

[[OOC]]

MC Name -Galendar_Aveere

Age (Not necessary) -14

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) -yh

--------------

Full name -Togar Siegmund Kay Denims-Horen-Kamura-Stafyr II

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? -REENG BELLZ

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) -Bellz n bell mahkin

Why should we accept you? -Ahm behzt ad wat mi du

Oath -

I Togar do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

[[OOC]]

MC Name -Galendar_Aveere

Age (Not necessary) -14

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) -yh

--------------

Full name -Togar Siegmund Kay Denims-Horen-Kamura-Stafyr II

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? -REENG BELLZ

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) -Bellz n bell mahkin

Why should we accept you? -Ahm behzt ad wat mi du

Oath -

I Togar do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

Farley is handed the application by one of his men, raising an eyebrow as he reads through it "What the nether is this..?" he looks around the room a bit confused, before crumbling up the application and tossing it into the fireplace

A dark growl is heard coming from within the stafyr keep at nights, as of recent. Upon inspection, the source is unknown. Oddly enough, sometimes people wake up missing their left socks and perhaps even all the socks they own... odd....

[[OOC]]

MC Name -

Age (Not necessary) -

--------------

Full name - Alphonz Savoria

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? - I wish to join the Huntsgaurd to help defend my family and kin in any way possible. 

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) - Ranger

Why should we accept you? - I should be accepted due to my skill in archery and basic survival skills. I fought as a mercenary for a few years as a boy, and consider myself a well rounded fighter

Oath -

I Alphonz Savoria do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

~Recruitment form~

[[OOC]]

MC Name - MrNewVegas101

Age (Not necessary) - 17

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) - Aye, I have both Skype and Teamspeak.

--------------

Full name - Darius Silverblade

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? - Well, I seem to have a bit of skill with the long bow and have a knack for killing things with it. At the age of three I killed my first boar with just a sling shot, true story. As for other stories of my hunting prowess, the words currently spreading that ol' Darius Silverblade killed a Dire Wolf with his big toe, yeah let that sink in. Why do I wish to join the Huntsguard, well I'll tell you why, if you are to compare this guard to anything involving the word Hunting, then you best make sure you have /the/ Huntsman to help lead it.

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) - Well lads if it isn't obvious what I wish to join by now, then you best just decline me now. I aim to be a Ranger and not just a jaegar, but the Hauptmann, my skills with hunting and tracking will outmatch any other option you currently have and I'm willing to test my meddle against any other man or women, whether it be man or beast as to who is the better hunter.

Why should we accept you? -As I stated earlier, if you wish to have any success in the Rangers, you would do best to accept me for the job. The blood of the Hunt runs deeps in my veins as much as any other if not more then others. Darius Silverblade is a man of the hunt and he will take any challenge handed to him, accept me and I will earn the Hunt in Huntsguard for the Noble House of Stafyr.

Oath -

I -Darius Silverblade- do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

~Recruitment form~

[[OOC]]

MC Name - MrNewVegas101

Age (Not necessary) - 17

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) - Aye, I have both Skype and Teamspeak.

--------------

Full name - Darius Silverblade

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? - Well, I seem to have a bit of skill with the long bow and have a knack for killing things with it. At the age of three I killed my first boar with just a sling shot, true story. As for other stories of my hunting prowess, the words currently spreading that ol' Darius Silverblade killed a Dire Wolf with his big toe, yeah let that sink in. Why do I wish to join the Huntsguard, well I'll tell you why, if you are to compare this guard to anything involving the word Hunting, then you best make sure you have /the/ Huntsman to help lead it.

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) - Well lads if it isn't obvious what I wish to join by now, then you best just decline me now. I aim to be a Ranger and not just a jaegar, but the Hauptmann, my skills with hunting and tracking will outmatch any other option you currently have and I'm willing to test my meddle against any other man or women, whether it be man or beast as to who is the better hunter.

Why should we accept you? -As I stated earlier, if you wish to have any success in the Rangers, you would do best to accept me for the job. The blood of the Hunt runs deeps in my veins as much as any other if not more then others. Darius Silverblade is a man of the hunt and he will take any challenge handed to him, accept me and I will earn the Hunt in Huntsguard for the Noble House of Stafyr.

Oath -

I -Darius Silverblade- do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

[[OOC]]

MC Name -

Age (Not necessary) -

--------------

Full name - Alphonz Savoria

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? - I wish to join the Huntsgaurd to help defend my family and kin in any way possible. 

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) - Ranger

Why should we accept you? - I should be accepted due to my skill in archery and basic survival skills. I fought as a mercenary for a few years as a boy, and consider myself a well rounded fighter

Oath -

I Alphonz Savoria do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

Farley looks over the applications, nodding slowly as he writes up two identical responses sending it off to the two.

"Your application have been accepted, report to Ser Daniel Baelish at the keep of New Huntshill"

[[OOC]]

MC Name - jok3rofgaming

Age (Not necessary) - 17

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) - Yes

--------------

Full name - Vaerath

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? - To be apart of a group a brotherhood and have fun rp.

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) - I would like to be apart of the guard section. I would also like position as cook because I do enjoy farming and things of that nature in my down time.

Why should we accept you? - Because I am loyal, hard working, and understanding/helpful

Oath -

I -Vaerath- do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

[[OOC]]

MC Name - jok3rofgaming

Age (Not necessary) - 17

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) - Yes

--------------

Full name - Vaerath

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? - To be apart of a group a brotherhood and have fun rp.

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) - I would like to be apart of the guard section. I would also like position as cook because I do enjoy farming and things of that nature in my down time.

Why should we accept you? - Because I am loyal, hard working, and understanding/helpful

Oath -

I -Vaerath- do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

Farley reads over the application before sending off a reply

"Your application have been accepted, report to Ser Daniel Baelish at the keep of New Huntshill"

[[OOC]]

MC Name - mikeclines1

Age (Not necessary) - 20 in character 15 IRL

Do you have skype and/or TS (Skype required, both recommended) - mikeclines

--------------

Full name - Mike Clines

Why do you wish to join the Huntsguard? - I wanted the pay and have a job!

What section would you prefer? (If Non combatant, write your profession) - cook

Why should we accept you? - Because i am a loyal worker

Oath -

I -Desmond Chorster- do so swear my life and loyalty to the House of Stafyr, it’s people, it’s lands and the men of the Huntsguard. To always protect those in need and to always act just. To fight for those who can not fight and to speak for those who can not speak. Until the day that I die, I shall keep my oath.

-------------------

((ug why does this house always have the most interesting guard forces, yet I don't have the time to make a human character...)