Remove *needless Ooc From The Forums

monkeypoacher

17 members have voted

1. 1. remove OOC like it is kebab scum?

• yes
    • no

I petition we remove OOC interactions on the forums entirely or minimize them.

Kill the infamous idea section and replace it with a suggestion box (besides lore), the "Your View" and "Feedback" section, lock all news posts so no argument happens. Remove statuses and privatize ban reports. Make the admin's word be final, get rid of this cocky ass idea that any player can change the server by arguing pointlessly on the forums.

We should have a forum so that bans can be resolved, apps finished, and RP done in a place where it is easy to access. We have a forum which is just a massive ground for bitching endlessly and shitting on other people's RP. This is a goddamn role-play server, I don't understand why we're bogged down by an ocean of micropolitical drivel.

Edit uno: I'm not really talking about off-topic per se, because that's friendly and fully OOC. But hostile OOC just bleeds onto the server and makes things unfun.

(I can make this slightly more tame if you'd like, pls tell if offended)

Make the admin's word be final, get rid of this cocky ass idea that any player can change the server by arguing pointlessly on the forums.

You're joking right? I'm all for removing the clutter of OOC from RP threads, but the 'arguing pointlessly' is not always pointless as it leads to ideas and fixes. It also helps vocalize the playerbase's needs and concerns.

You're joking right? I'm all for removing the clutter of OOC from RP threads, but the 'arguing pointlessly' is not always pointless as it leads to ideas and fixes. It also helps vocalize the playerbase's needs and concerns.

Could it not be argued privately towards an admin or through a private suggestion box? Why do we need internet arguments over this?

Could it not be argued privately towards an admin or through a private suggestion box? Why do we need internet arguments over this?

Because some arguments lead to the forming of new ideas. It helps one side view the other side's point of view. And tell me more about how the private suggestion box would work.

Edited: I'm not saying all arguments are productive, but a lot can be. There are some intelligent players on the forums that have different opinions and through their bickering, new ideas and compromises can be formed.

after reading this i am seriously starting to wonder if someone kicked you really hard in the head recently

Did you steal an extra chromosome from someone?

...No.

Does that mean we can remove this thread then?

I mean, it feels pretty damn needless.