Map Of The Dwarven Front And Proposed System

Watyll

System  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in such a system?

• Yes (Please state why)
    • No (Please state why)

Right then, below is a proposed system for the war that's been raging on. This war has been pretty dynamic so far, and I like that. Every day a different battle. The only problem is- the war has no end in sight because it doesn't seem like either side is war claiming. So I propose this system. Reference the map below. This is heavily inspired by Lago's old systems. It is very much a work in progress, so post suggestions. I hope that the leaders of each party will have a look at this.

mkc669.png

Oren locations in blue, Bloc locations in red, connections in green. 

1. Raiding:

Raiding so far in the war has often turned into battles. With the system I suggest, players from either side will only be able to raid settlements with ways to get to the enemy territory they wish to raid. This adds quite a bit to war role-play, so we don't have Romstun raiding Kal'Arkon or the Dwarves managing to make it all the way over to Kaldonia. The front should be well defended. For instance, with this current front, the only places able to be raided by Oren should be Kaz'ad-Dekan-Waerod and the Azog Cave. Dungrimm's Mouth and the Krughanistan East Gate are off limits. Further, the only raid able Oren places should be Tahn'siol, Riverhaven(if anybody even lives there), and the Vilcan Outpost. Can take place at any time of day.

2. Counterraiding:

Counterraiding is when a force sufficiently repels an enemy army and moves on to raid that enemy's own territory. This happens pretty often in the war. Can take place at any time of day.

3. Conquest:

This is the most revolutionary idea of mine, likely. It would take the agreement of both parties. Now, this idea wasn't really possible in the past because of conflicting interests and irl issues and such. However, after watching the last couple battles- and they are battles- I've realized that most armies can fully muster within twenty plus minutes. This pretty much removes the need for war claims. I propose that when a raiding force takes a place and effectively holds it against a counter raiding force, it is now theirs. The enemy can of course, try and take it back the next day. This gives more value to the tactical retreats I see happening often. When a place is captured, settlements connected to that place are now raid able and can be taken over in a fight. For instance, if the Bloc captured the Vilcan Outpost they would now be able to raid the Decterum Fort, Vekaro, and Mt. Augustus. Conquest can only take place from  12:00 PM EST to 7:00 PM EST

Leave ideas and such below. 

+1 Love this system, Map reminds me of Dynasty Warriors franchise. 

The issue can revolve around timezones. What if the dwarves attacks when most of Oren is asleep?

This wouldn't work out too well. It'd be easy to claim that a defending part of two retreated from a structure at 4 in the morning.

We need to just stick with WCs, which should be in the damn works. No idea why we've yet to see a single one posted, over being spoken about over skype/ts/whatever.

I love this system, you have my support.

@Snoop: It could be required that there are some defenders there for it to be taken, OR a GM has to verify the taking of the territory.

Considering the fact that we got raided at Midnight ESTers where responsible gamers were trying to sleep/work a job, I dont trust this worth my throw.

Add in it: "Only raids conducted between x:oo pm and y:00 pm EST can conquer stuff" and timezone problem resolved!

snip - double post

Thou my voice is weak on LOTC.... +1 

#FREENIEDSTER :)xD

Updated: Conquest can now only take place from 1:00 PM EST to 7:00 PM EST.

Decent idea, too many flaws.

Also, Dwarves have a tunnel to Kaldonia from another area of their territory.

Hard to set up front-lines when a massive section of the territory has a direct pathway to each other's capital.

When counter raiding, the enemy who was defeated should be allowed to return to battle, as it is technically now an entirely different battle.

In before ambiguous miscommunication ban reports.

Can't we just use the tried and tested 30 min rule?