The Uprising

Snoop

Event Planners, MC Names: I leave this to the ET (Also possibly the Nation Leaders if they agree to let this affect their settlements and capitals.)

Event Type: World-Wide uprising/riots

Event Date: 6/12/14-Undecided (Most likely when nation leaders come to an agreement and somehow discover a cure.)

Factions/Nations effected by the event: All

Event Location: Various cities and settlements across the Fringe

Summary: The 29th of the Grand Harvest. Only a few days had passed since a disease so horrifying not seen since the days of Asulon had rose and dispersed across the Fringe reaching hundreds of settlements and even the hearts of the major nation's capitals. Thousands daily collapsed from the disease while those lucky enough to endure the terrible sickness continued to wander the realm hopelessly. While in the beginning they had expected for their beloved friends,comrades, and nation to save them and assist them in this time of crisis. But oh were they so very wrong.....

The nations across the realm lay in in a shattered state of disarray and panic. All nobility, military leaders, and nation leaders were evacuated from their very capitals, leaving only a small handful of guards to man the gates, and each day they would lose another twenty soldiers from the sickness. Instead of protecting the ill citizens under each of the leader's respectable nations the world powers had decided to resort to a more drastic and terrifying way in an attempt to end the spread of the infection, slaughter. Each day a military squad marches through the lands and slaughters any poor and innocent traveler without warning. Even previous military men loyal to their homeland are turned away or murdered on the spot if found to be infected. Thousands are driven from their own homes with these methods while hundreds more die before they even escape the borders.

With nowhere else to turn and a cure not in sight anger and panic mix and boil. The people had been betrayed by these selfish methods of self-protection by the leaders of their homeland and would no longer stand by and die without reason. With the armies of each nation abandoning their posts in fear of infection, various of towns and cities are left vulnerable. This would be the beginning of an uprising....

Concept Images/Screenshots 

IlaborPESEANTrevolt.jpg
0.jpg

Other Information: This will be an event to give those who are sick a actual role in the plague rather then being slaughtered everyday and denied by their own nations. Together in organized raids with the ET the infected will attack chosen settlements or capitals and cause a considerable amount of damage such as setting fires or tearing down certain structures in riots. The armies of the nation that own the settlement or capital can defend, however they are highly at risk of being infected if they attempt to do as so.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes as they will be needed to organize these riots so infected know when to partake.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Yes, any actors that can play infected will help bolster their numbers. Also builders will be needed to assist in doing the damage or setting fires after it is RPed.

I'm not infected. I have heard multiple people complaining on how there is nothing to do so I decided to write this up. Also, not many people are organized, nor could they cause much damage.

I say yes, but the E.T is also unneeded, but could help a bit I guess. idk. 

Hardly anyone is encouraged to do this kind of thing in RP. Most people are stuck on the thought that when they become infected they will just log off LOTC for the next month until this ends unless they want to be killed. Also simply running into a capital and yelling won't do much unless people actually work beside to ET to work this out and do reasonable rioting damage. It would seem better working with the ET since most of the nations are just isolating themselves and murdering any infected that walk along. It adds more realism. If a small group forms they are just seen as regular humans that hunger for PVP and destruction as infected rather then adding actual realistic and dynamic RP into the fold the the plague raging in the fringe.

The ET really is needed. Especially if building destruction is needed because regions owners will go "Muh ballistahs" and refuse perm hand outs.

Plus it's a way to organize. +1 from me man. Actually a really decent event.

Great idea! I would love to see this kind of thing take place in The Fringe. 

Since there is nothing else to do while infected, and this seems neat, and will promote a cure to be developed quicker, +1

I like it. Would move things along pretty nicely, as long as keeping people on their toes.

Interesting, although I doubt if any nations are willing to suffer more grief from 'event-induced' riots. I'll consider it if any of the nation leaders/settlement leaders agree to seeing hell in front of their doorsteps. 

This is after all, going to be rather problematic.

But as many posters before me: You can do it in rp if you want without our help. I'll just infect you guys manually.

With the cure out I don't believe this to be a problem anymore, however feel free to do gather whatever group you want be it help from the ET or not and bother the Orcs, you have the Rex's permission to try and fight off a bunch of shamans and what not.