Dissenters Of Blood (Dread Knights)

Eleatic

tumblr_ltabr7sKVw1r3sy6wo1_1280.jpg

Traitors of the Black Blade, dissenters of blood

Few Dread Knights remain in this world. Even fewer roam it freely. The race as a whole, or the conglomerate, has gone near extinction multiple times. Rawraych before Verin revived his brothers and brought them back, and now Verin does the same. A throne lay at the end of a long hallway, in the Dread-Lands which him and his brothers colonized and supported. It is a desolate place, but it remains. Once, the armor of Aelor stood on that very throne. Once, it spoke wisdom to Rawryach and was guarded by Verin, now it lay empty. Verin steps forward, sitting upon it. Blood red silk and velvet, torn and stained adorns the throne, lining it from top to near the feet as a blanket. By the side of the throne lay a single sword of black steel, like one the Dread Lord before last used. Verin unsheathes his own, the tempered iron and ebony gleaming back, dark, necrotic mist seeping out. He slams the hilt on the table, and begins his first order. "OUTWARD, KNIGHTS!" Thud, clunk, SLAM.

Lore and History of the Dread Knights

Their creation came near to the beginning , after the first emergence of the Bloodmages. These men and women were one of the first few to make their stand, like many against the Bloodmages. Unfortunately for them... they got more than they bargained for. They were rash, some. Even going as far as to challenge Bloodmages in single combat. Going even as far as accepting the terms of combat that the mages gave... “If I was to so win this bout... Your soul will be forfeited to me until release.” So sure were these men and women of their own combat prowess that they accepted without hesitation, and the duel of fates ensued.

Apon loosing the combat, the Bloodmage performed a rite of sealing apon the unfortunate near death warrior, binding his/her soul to the Bloodmage’s whim and freezing the warrior in place. A gaunt face overtakes their once proud looks as they become living statues. Doomed to watch over the Altars of the creator until needed.

In all retrospect, this is a fate worse than death itself. The unfortunate Warrior is allowed to effectively “die” a slow and painful death within its’ own sealing’s. Flesh and bone allowing to decay as they stand dormant. But due to the sealings place upon them in life... they do not escape their fate in death. Their souls become bound to the armour they once wore. Even as it rusts and stains with age. Until effectively the Dread knight becomes the armour. The process is a form of “breaking” within its’ own right as well. Turning them till they are nothing more than harsh, life hating drones; “The perfect soldier “it seems.

They hate and, love life with a passion. For they are not truly evil, just lost. They hate those that they once called kin out of jealously, that they should be able to live out their lives to the fullest whilst the Dread knight must live a submissive life as a slave. Bidden to do whatever his/hers masters tell it. But love it also, for they know that deep down, behind all the torment and bloodshed. They know that one day... it shall be life that sets it free from its’ shackles. It shall be life that challenges it to single combat, and it shall be life that slays it.

They are relentless warriors, much like that of the fabled Paladins. Some even say that they are, or at least were paladins. Pushed into service as warriors of undeath. They will make up the main stay of militarian officer might within the Order of blood’s armed forces. Making blunt, horrific decisions that most right minded people would not. For the Bloodmages are still of our kind after all... they still feel emotion of all kinds. Granted there are some among them that have different ideas and morals, but that comes with individuality.

As said before, the Dread Knight is a suit of armour. A walking suit of armour. Hollow within it walks this world as doom driven servants of the Order. So they do not take damage as how any normal person might. They will still feel the pain deep inside of them, that instinctive feeling of still being whole ever so mocks them. To the better part though, they cannot truly be killed by having their helmet taken off through decapitations or being stabbed with sword lunges etc… For if disassembled only slightly, but allowed to endure, the knight, with relentless zeal to carry out its’ master’s orders, shall rise again, rebuilding itself slowly, re-gathering the pieces of armour that make up its’ body and soul. Until it is finally again renewed.

It stands to reason then that the only real effective way to “kill” a Dread Knight is to disable and separate each piece of the Knight. Until you are left with but a pile of broken armour. Allowing you time to escape, but slowly, and over time, it shall reform again anew... and ready to kill once again.

Time went slowly in lythien, the plotting of the Bloodmages and the toil of their servants continued onwards, it was not until the Dread knights started to regain control of themselves that the tide changed.

Rising up, they broke free of their shackles, a great battle rouse up within lythien as all things were put to the slaughter. Once the dust and fires died down, the remained but a few knights left standing, and no mages to be seen. Corpses littered the landscape around and little life was left to be seen.

It was then that the knights departed back to their home land within the south of Asulon.

It was not to be though, they were cast out by their kin, named "traitors" and "Heretics" and "unclean" by the new Religion of this Empire called "Oren". With a roar of rage they left the sounds of the life that was Oren. Left it far behind before coming across the forest path into Greywise.

They vowed their revenge upon Oren, and swore upon themselves they would gain vengeance upon the simple beauty of life itself. The three existing Dread Knights made the trip to Anthos, and gathered slaves of mortal men to build a base of dread.

Aelor, then began seeking out new Dread Knights, turning those that he found one by one. The old order then fell to pieces, decaying as they were hunted by Oren, and other assorted nations. As the generation of Dread Knights fell, only one remained.

Rawraych, as his 'lord' did command, was groomed as the last of the true Dread Knights. He was given the honor, the glory, of ascension, and began his reign with the abduction of his eventual successor, Verin. More then him were kidnapped, and ten individuals were chosen from thousands. The ranks of the Knights resumed power.

Rawraych, unfortunately, felt only anger and rage (as he should) as a dread knight, and showed it in his tactic. A just ruler, however, he was relentless in choosing his knights. Durn, Verin, Elbent, the pigman(who, against all reasonable odds, had a soul). Even then, this does not account for them all.

Conquest upon conquest, death upon death, ashes fell upon ashes as the knights resumed their merciless slaughter of those who lived. Enemies of reality, enemies of life, enemies of them all. Beside the Dread Lord lay his knights, his cultists, and many rallied to him in this new regime he had made.

The Necromancers, too, took a shining to this new dread lord as they had not to Aelor, and soon then did the two combine their mights into one. Attacks and raids beyond the imagination or horror of mortal men carried out without remorse by the Gravelord and his once mortal friend.

But, as all 'good' things must end, so did this. Rawraych, like Aelor before him, and the other before him, and Bile too before that, he got tired. He began to groom Verin, one of the first knights he converted, to power. 

On a day forgotten, the nine knights who remained (and even then, some dormant due to inability of movement or rust), gathered or were lugged around to witness and exchange the move of power. Rawraych bound them to Verin, and Verin commanded them, for a time, to sleep.

As was noted earlier, they awaken now. Verin, reigns over his knights and they begin the merciless slaughters of the past yet again. Without remorse, the Knights resume. Under a less kind, though more 'amiable'(as much as the hollow soul of a dread knight can be) leader.

champaignevanitas.jpg

Out of Character Information

What are these things?

Dreadknights are creatures created from the souls of the innocent (or the guilty, for that matter) They carry a terrible burden, a curse that most mortals cannot comprehend. They live a constant life in a state of anger, and in a state of agony. They are heartless, cruel, and do not act well around others. They are bound to the service of the Dread Lord that they follow.

How do I become one?

All of the roleplay will be done in character. Yet, you can post here with the application format below if you wish to become one. It must be done with the consent of the player, of course. You must be using an already made character. Dread Knights do not appear out of thin air. When turning your character, you must realize that there is no going back. Turning a Dread Knight is a life long thing, realize that. We promise to be fun if you decide to make this new experience fun, though. Do note, however, that you will first be initiated as a cultist and then within 2-3 days, conversion will occur(DEPENDING if you meet our criteria)

If I become a Dread Knight, how do I play it?

You have to realize that a Dread Knight is a creature that has been cursed horribly, and that they are experiencing more pain constantly than a mortal could imagine. A Dread Knight would be cold, and unloving. You would mostly rely on emotes for playing a Dread Knight, because they are creatures of metal. Stealth does not exist for a Dread Knight, and you must always be fair with the people you are roleplaying with. 

MC Name:

Character Name:

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N):

I want to become apart of your group because:

What can I bring to this group?

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused? 

Time zone:

(majority of this post stolen from the stolen post stolen from Italian by Prince by Augor. )

MC Name: Arkelos Or Vardak

Character Name: Phyyra Rilann

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N): Yep

I want to become apart of your group because: I want to assist in helping the Dread Knights from acceptance, past 4.0. The plans you have interest me greatly, So I have decided to apply to help out. That and i found the Dread knights to be a more then capable group of special evil, and wanted to apply for a while.

What can I bring to this group?: What I bring to the group is Roleplay and ideas to further the Dread Knights as a group and organisation. As former guild leader, I would be more then willing to fill the roles needed of me without much of a hassle from me (Unless you're vague, then I ask questions)

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused?: Yes, of course.

Time zone: EST USA

(majority of this post stolen from the stolen post stolen from Italian by Prince by Augor. )

Well played.

MC Name: Arkelos Or Vardak

Character Name: Phyyra Rilann

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N): Yep

I want to become apart of your group because: I want to assist in helping the Dread Knights from acceptance, past 4.0. The plans you have interest me greatly, So I have decided to apply to help out. That and i found the Dread knights to be a more then capable group of special evil, and wanted to apply for a while.

What can I bring to this group?: What I bring to the group is Roleplay and ideas to further the Dread Knights as a group and organisation. As former guild leader, I would be more then willing to fill the roles needed of me without much of a hassle from me (Unless you're vague, then I ask questions)

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused?: Yes, of course.

Time zone: EST USA

Accepted(to the effect of being a cultist/POSSIBLE DK). After plague subsidies (general annoyance of getting infected is a bit of a hassle to RP with as a suit of armor), I'll meet with you in roleplay. You have my skype.

MC Name: whiteoak123

Character Name: Karin Ker

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N): Yes

I want to become apart of your group because: I wish to become join the dread knights because I wish to expand my roleplay and experience different types of it. The Dread Knights sounds very unique and extremely fun to roleplay. I RPed with a Dread Knight quite a while ago, but it was extremely fun, Dread Knights being evil is a bonus, as evil Roleplay can be more fun to everyone involved, if it is done right. 

What can I bring to this group?: I can bring fun RP to the group of dread knights, and fun RP to other people involved, and keep the high RP quality the dread knights have. I can also bring neat event ideas, participate in events, giving the Dread Knights more of a presence, and do anything needed, both IC and OOC.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused? : Yes

Time zone: PST (Southern California)

MC Name: jonhan2

Character Name: Vaurca Myrd

I want to become apart of your group because: I've been rather interested in dread knights for quite some time now and would love to be able to play as one of them, and helping the group to become a force to be reckoned with would be just great.

What can I bring to this group? I can bring you hours upon hours of roleplay and a very active member.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused?  Yush

Time zone: gmt +1

MC Name: jonhan2

Character Name: Vaurca Myrd

I want to become apart of your group because: I've been rather interested in dread knights for quite some time now and would love to be able to play as one of them, and helping the group to become a force to be reckoned with would be just great.

What can I bring to this group? I can bring you hours upon hours of roleplay and a very active member.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused?  Yush

Time zone: gmt +1

MC Name: whiteoak123

Character Name: Karin Ker

I want to become apart of your group because: I wish to become join the dread knights because I wish to expand my roleplay and experience different types of it. The Dread Knights sounds very unique and extremely fun to roleplay. I RPed with a Dread Knight quite a while ago, but it was extremely fun, Dread Knights being evil is a bonus, as evil Roleplay can be more fun to everyone involved, if it is done right. 

What can I bring to this group?: I can bring fun RP to the group of dread knights, and fun RP to other people involved, and keep the high RP quality the dread knights have. I can also bring neat event ideas, participate in events, giving the Dread Knights more of a presence, and do anything needed, both IC and OOC.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused? : Yes

Time zone: PST (Southern California)

Both 'on hold' under the same pretenses as Arkelos' was. You will be allowed in as a cultist for two, to three days, if you do not meet certain criteria then you will be kicked, and if you do another 1-2 days of RP will commence which will lead to you being converted. Whiteoak, please add me on skype, and both of you can meet with me after the plague halts.

MC Name: kido122

Character Name: Sam King

I want to become apart of your group because: I have been on this server for a few years, know and have experienced most forms of Roleplay and RP situations and I am constantly looking to expand my RP experience. I have always been interested in this unique group and have never Rped in a form that this group provides.

What can I bring to this group?: Being a veteran on this server, I believe I can continue to bring maturity and fun into the group. I hope to provide fun, new, and unique Rp to the group and everyone else and perhaps even help provide unique events. More importantly I want to help keep the Maturity and High quality Rp, that comes with the Dread Knights, going and help improve and expand the group in every way possible and bring back the infamous presence of the Dread Knights.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused?  Yes, to the absolute best of my abilities.

Time zone: EST (NY, USA)

MC Name: Porkchopp2

Character Name: Farn

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N): Yed

I want to become apart of your group because: It looks like fun RP I would be interested in.

What can I bring to this group? Fun RP and I hope a good personality

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused? I can

Time zone: EST

MC Name: Porkchopp2

Character Name: Farn

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N): Yed

I want to become apart of your group because: It looks like fun RP I would be interested in.

What can I bring to this group? Fun RP and I hope a good personality

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused? I can

MC Name: kido122

Character Name: Sam King

I want to become apart of your group because: I have been on this server for a few years, know and have experienced most forms of Roleplay and RP situations and I am constantly looking to expand my RP experience. I have always been interested in this unique group and have never Rped in a form that this group provides.

What can I bring to this group?: Being a veteran on this server, I believe I can continue to bring maturity and fun into the group. I hope to provide fun, new, and unique Rp to the group and everyone else and perhaps even help provide unique events. More importantly I want to help keep the Maturity and High quality Rp, that comes with the Dread Knights, going and help improve and expand the group in every way possible and bring back the infamous presence of the Dread Knights.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused?  Yes, to the absolute best of my abilities.

Time zone: EST (NY, USA)

For both, as said previously, you are accepted in a limited sense. Please note that I can, or, the group can (generally) decide whether or not to retain you as a dread knight after a 3-4 day period. I will add you both on skype in the morning.

guerriero-del-caos111.jpg   dae9c46d0801e53d92419d9b169f9dd2.png

MC Name: Bucky_24

Character Name: The Crimson Knight (Vuln)

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N): No

I want to become apart of your group because: I rather enjoy the conglomerate. The RP provide by the majority of Dread Knights (Not that dumba** crimson one) is usually amazing. I would greatly enjoy it if my character would be allowed to trail behind the group and otherwise interact with Dread Knights in someway. 

What can I bring to this group? A very active member with a deep love for Borg. I can also bring cookies, a personal minion, and a good time.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused? Having played a creature largely considered 'evil' and 'vile', I have had to battle many-a-player. Some of these battles have lead to debates which were quickly settled. I have been playing this character for probably close to.... 5-6 months? Not a single BR or Strike was given for my roleplay.

MC Name:

Colaone1

Character Name:

Sam Delumir

Y

OOC'ly I want to be apart of your group because I'm interested in the sort of RP this provides, I have wanted to join this group for a while now, but at the last announcement of the Dread Knights I wasn't all too sure if I would just regret it and just kill off my character, but now, I have had other characters and the one that I want to become a Dread Knight is because there is nothing else I do on this character as was thinking of just killing him off.

RP'ly though, it's because Sam is on his death bed, full of remorse and regrets, his wife taken by the last plague, with no known children or relatives, and about to be taken by the second plague, but he feels that he has wasted his life away through serving others, and does not wish to die this way, and would be willing to do anything to live for just a little longer.

I can't say I'm going to bring anything more than anyone else that wants to become a Dread Knight, but I've been on this server since mid-Aegis and I've been able to provide from the words of others, really fun RP in my time as a villain on my other characters.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused?

Yeah, most guilds my characters have been in, mostly criminal guilds have had the same rule, a rule that I'd be glad to follow, because no one really wants a bad reputation, or to be called out in a large group about a small mistake.

Time zone:

GMT +1

guerriero-del-caos111.jpg   dae9c46d0801e53d92419d9b169f9dd2.png

MC Name: Bucky_24

Character Name: The Crimson Knight (Vuln)

I want my character to be turned into a Dread Knight (Y/N): No

I want to become apart of your group because: I rather enjoy the conglomerate. The RP provide by the majority of Dread Knights (Not that dumba** crimson one) is usually amazing. I would greatly enjoy it if my character would be allowed to trail behind the group and otherwise interact with Dread Knights in someway. 

What can I bring to this group? A very active member with a deep love for Borg. I can also bring cookies, a personal minion, and a good time.

Can you play nice, and be willing to sit down with someone and explain something politely and cooperatively if something goes wrong, or someone is confused? Having played a creature largely considered 'evil' and 'vile', I have had to battle many-a-player. Some of these battles have lead to debates which were quickly settled. I have been playing this character for probably close to.... 5-6 months? Not a single BR or Strike was given for my roleplay.

You're already a DK, no need to apply.

MC Name:

Colaone1

Character Name:

Sam Delumir

Y

OOC'ly I want to be apart of your group because I'm interested in the sort of RP this provides, I have wanted to join this group for a while now, but at the last announcement of the Dread Knights I wasn't all too sure if I would just regret it and just kill off my character, but now, I have had other characters and the one that I want to become a Dread Knight is because there is nothing else I do on this character as was thinking of just killing him off.

RP'ly though, it's because Sam is on his death bed, full of remorse and regrets, his wife taken by the last plague, with no known children or relatives, and about to be taken by the second plague, but he feels that he has wasted his life away through serving others, and does not wish to die this way, and would be willing to do anything to live for just a little longer.

I can't say I'm going to bring anything more than anyone else that wants to become a Dread Knight, but I've been on this server since mid-Aegis and I've been able to provide from the words of others, really fun RP in my time as a villain on my other characters.

Yeah, most guilds my characters have been in, mostly criminal guilds have had the same rule, a rule that I'd be glad to follow, because no one really wants a bad reputation, or to be called out in a large group about a small mistake.

Time zone:

GMT +1

Denied due to overage of applications. Will be reconsidered if someone gets kicked/leaves.

Well played.

(( Pfft, I stole it from Blunder :3 ))