Un-Dead Children Near Alras [Event Proposal]

Korvic

Event Planners, MC Names:

Korvic, and whomever else would like to lead, will be explained later.

Event Type:

Necromancer Hunt

Event Date:

Undecided

Factions/Nations effected by the event:

Mostly those around Kal'Arkon/Alras, I was thinking of having the end of it located somewhere near there.

Event Location:

See above.

Summary:

Ghouls appear to be on the rise. At least for the Alras area. One or two are normally acceptable, but the amount that have been coming recently has become ridiculous! Almost four times as much as there used to be. There must be something going on nearby.

-Local Guard Captain

In a cave lair near Alras (possibly in the mountains to the north-west?), trouble brews. A necromancer, long trying to achieve his goal, tries to create sentient ghouls with the ability to grow and learn. Most would put this down as an incredible falseness, impossible to happen. Ghouls are just an accident anyway. Though, there is a more pressing issue.

Due to the tests this necromancer has been doing, he has been kidnapping children. No one notices it happening, but their children disappear. Later found, or sometimes not found, as a dead ghoul in the Alras area. The necromancer simply takes the children, kills them, and tries to create a ghoul of sentient ability. When he's done testing, he simply tosses the leftover ghoul out, covered in injuries from the tests.

This has brought distraught to the land. Children missing, ghouls more apparent, and having to kill innocent children. Oddly, each child has been found to have a tag on them. Most being in the range from 1000-1100, though none below 1000 have ever been seen. (Type 1- Version 023 for example, is the actual meaning) On the other side of the tag (to the number), there's a picture of a skull with skeletal hands holding it up.

People must band together to hunt down this man, find his lair, and get him, Though, knowing the reactions of people, the necromancer wouldn't leave himself unguarded. He lives in a complicated cave system, full of traps, complicated tricks, more ghouls, and secrets. (redstone traps, parkour, mobs/RP fighting depending on size of player party, redstone doors, and possibly hidden lore or magic abilities within shelves, walls, or what-have-you)

The cave is vast and spacious, making it a complicated maze that must be rooted through. Cries of children, and the roars of ghouls echo through the hallways. Darkness overcomes your eyes, almost nothing can be seen, none the less figured out. Can we really find our way through this place?

TL;DR

A necromancer goes mad scientist, trying to produce a ghoul with real intelligence, but still obeys him. Due to this, the nearby areas are afflicted with an influx of "lost" experiment ghouls. To put an end to this, and stop these attempts at the possibility of an undead army at our doors, we must gather a large amount of warriors and hunt down this mad necromancer, based on where it's attacks happen. The necromancer won't be unguarded though, offering a series of traps and enemies to face within his lair.

Concept Images/Screenshots

j5n2onU.jpg

(Image is 1080p if anyone wants to use it as a background)

Other Information:

Would involve having more and more ghouls show up with tags around Alras before anything can really take place. 

I'm not overly sure on the layout of the lair as of yet, or the location. Would make a neat general dungeon-style event with a real goal, and possibilities of saving/losing more (children in this case).

Someone could go weirdo and try to collect all the tags. (Could use a piece of named paper for each tag?)

I'm open for suggestions/changes, especially additions. I just thought of the general idea and had to get it down.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:

Yes.

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:

Possibly both, depending on how it goes. If it's generally a PVP group, having mobs spawned would be better, but building will definitely need to be done.

I'd be down to participate for sure, primarily as primarily an RP fighter (but if the numbers prevent such than pure PvP would be fine, so long as there's RP in between battles).

Sounds like a well planned and intriguing event!

I was present during one of the earlier attacks, before this proposition, and performed a field autopsy on the now-dead elven child. It was interesting. I'd love to participate, though I'd prefer to RP fight.

My dark elf got attacked last night. Great character development. This would be an awesome event.

Are you still interested in this event?

EDIT:
Talked to you over skype, Escharian will be leading this event.

Accepted.

Moved back to Event Proposals as I have resigned from the ET.