(Proposal) Switch To An Old Map - Solutions For The Fringe Til 4.0.

calculusdesola

Fringe preference  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the fringe?

• Yeah, it suits everybody's preference.
    • Yeah, but we could do better.
    • Kind of, but we could do better.
    • Nope, but we could do better.
    • Other (will state in reply).
  2. 2. Any of the following solutions sound interesting to you?

• Switch to Anthos til 4.0.
    • Switch to Asulon til 4.0.
    • Switch to Aegis til 4.0.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Does the high seas ships idea suggested by Senda sound good to you? (http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/112835-proposal-switch-to-an-old-map-solutions-for-the-fringe-til-40/page-2#entry1069344)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other.

Hm.

What about the transition between the Fringe and 4.0? How are we to get there?

By boats?

If so.. why not use said Boats as a map? 

Start a big construction effort by all races to build boats (appropiately sized and styled to match the cultures), that should keep people occupied for at least a week.

Then have an event to launch the boats.

Then move them all into a "fleet", close together. (Perhaps we are forced to lash them all together to survive a storm or something).

Then.. enjoy some roleplay doing all of the above?

Just tossing out an idea, perhaps its utter rubbish.. but who knows, my rubbish might lead to someone else sparking a good idea?

I support this idea.

Hm.

What about the transition between the Fringe and 4.0? How are we to get there?

By boats?

If so.. why not use said Boats as a map? 

Start a big construction effort by all races to build boats (appropiately sized and styled to match the cultures), that should keep people occupied for at least a week.

Then have an event to launch the boats.

Then move them all into a "fleet", close together. (Perhaps we are forced to lash them all together to survive a storm or something).

Then.. enjoy some roleplay doing all of the above?

Just tossing out an idea, perhaps its utter rubbish.. but who knows, my rubbish might lead to someone else sparking a good idea?

This.

+1 for this.

Sounds like the boat idea is taking the lead right now.  I think it'll be good.

Still, keep on chucking out ideas, gentlemen.  As long as you think other people will enjoy it and they're reasonable and constructive in nature, then they're valid here.

It seems like portals would be more likely given the EXCESS of them on the current map. Seriously, if you explore you find them everywhere, inactive portals. If asulon flooded then we need to take a portal back, the logical place it'd lead to is the last "between world" the portals lead to

while i really, really, really don't want to rush the end-game events planned by ET and LT, unfortunately the fringe is dying too quickly for us to live here for another month. living in a drought-stricken land is not sustainable.

The Boat thing sounds really interesting, Maybe like the races make a huge...I dont know uh something like a 'floating' city on the water...Something like that?

The Boat thing sounds really interesting, Maybe like the races make a huge...I dont know uh something like a 'floating' city on the water...Something like that?

If we had some kind of armistice to put an end to the war we can all agree has been cancerous on all sides, this doesn't sound too bad.

Yea...theres always the war between the races thing...I would say make like a food shortage thingy but then people would probably just start fighting over food and then the wooden structures would be burned or something ;-; -_-

Ew, no. We aren't all elves.

Guys, you don't want to go to Aegis. It's over-glorified, and was ravaged by the Undead after we entered the Verge XD
However, I think Alec was working on fixing it? If we go to Aegis, though, I reckon we would stay there and not give a damn about 4.0, so it would be a bad idea.

Either do the boat idea, or get one of Kilgrim's maps. 

+1

I think the boat idea would be pretty darn cool. Add a few islands in the map, a bit like the Verge one. (Or make one big island similar to the Howling Fjords of Northrend with cities made of boats caught between cliffs, something like that. I fkn love the design of the Fjords.)

Or just use an MC generated map with large biomes.

Yes sweet baby Jesus let me ride into the realm of milk and honey instead of forced drought events brought on by the dreaded ET.

r00d. Not all of us are part of that, or even like it. Hell, MOST of us aren't a part of that from what I've seen.

Lol maybe we float to 4.0 considering 4.0 has the edge falling into void. Perhaps the fringe falls into the void and we are left on something likkkeeee  BiLgt8z.png

It would be pretty hilarious actually.

OR 

Why not an MC gen world for once?