(Proposal) Switch To An Old Map - Solutions For The Fringe Til 4.0.

calculusdesola

Fringe preference  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the fringe?

• Yeah, it suits everybody's preference.
    • Yeah, but we could do better.
    • Kind of, but we could do better.
    • Nope, but we could do better.
    • Other (will state in reply).
  2. 2. Any of the following solutions sound interesting to you?

• Switch to Anthos til 4.0.
    • Switch to Asulon til 4.0.
    • Switch to Aegis til 4.0.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Does the high seas ships idea suggested by Senda sound good to you? (http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/112835-proposal-switch-to-an-old-map-solutions-for-the-fringe-til-40/page-2#entry1069344)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other.

To everyone saying we should revisit places. All I can say is nostalgia is great and all but it is incredibly fleeting. After a day or two, maybe as short as a few hours, the RP will revert back to being stale and unimportant. Moving forward is the correct move.

Though I see your point, I'd like to reiterate again that, in my opinion and apparently most in this thread, anything is better than the Fringe at this point.  Take that how you will.

And to continue on Vulcus's point, it will at least give a refreshing atmosphere for people to return too even if it is only for a little while just to keep them attached to LoTC while they wait for 4.0. 

Wouldn't we need to build to post-apocalyse old maps? That would divert resources away from 4.0, no?

I'm all for a map swap if it means the 4.0 wait will be a little easier to stomach, I'm waiting to hear back from Tythus on skype (If I was able swap out the maps i would do it in a heartbeat.)

As soon as I hear back from him we'll have this sorted and hopefully be movin' to a new place to call home for time being.

(I was thinking, a minecraft generated world where our quest is to find the portal that takes us to the land of our ancestors. **4.0**)

:thumbup:

Look can we just give native the ability to do this so we dont have to wait for weeks.

Ok, heres my prefrence on the map, its great and easy to find people to RP with but.... i think its all just a bit to... jammed togeather, theres no room to travel around in and somthing i miss, is having a wild land, where you could build your house accourdingly to how many people there are, and stuff like that. The reason i liked this and i feel a lot of other people did as well, is it gives you a feel of your on your own, but are still able to RP with people now and then. But, on to my next topic, i like the sound of switching to one of the old maps untill 4.0 (AEGIS!!!!!). i feel that we could do a lot with that RP wise. and finaly I would not mind a over sea's trip, but, the last time we did this, i just feel that it was realy unorganized and was'nt that planned out, im fine with it as long as ill be able to actualy RP things and not sit along the entire time waiting the new map to be set up... and thats about it, can't wait for new map, and you've got me excited that theres a possibility of going to Aegis again! (My all time favorite map!!!)

Mods and admins and developers don't care about us :'(