[Discussion] In Game Genocide.

Watyll

Should genocide be allowed IC?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should genocide be allowed IC?

• Yes (Why)
    • No (Why)

You can try to PvP the monks in the happily no-PvP flag within the region! If you kill the monks they won't be able to revive making it such that when someone dies, it is a PK :O...

(I am joking btw, but I wonder... I want to see someone warclaim the monk ground)

We shouldn't allow genocide IG. For one thing, look to the White Rose. They attempted to commit genocide against the mali'ker (and did a damn good job at that, excluding their dark elven wives, because, you know...), but if you allowed someone (or a group) to attempt to kill off another one, that wouldn't be fun, now would it? It'd only instigate hate and general shitty attitude of which the likes of such would have been seen. Often. 

The kharajyr (of which I am a member of), have seen sorts of genocidal campaigns against them. Primarily, to my memory, raids from orcs, pushing them off their lands and other such annoying things.

War RP might bring drama and change, but look what that's done to the server now.

So, please no genocide.

Also don't be a **** about not being able to commit genocide over beliefs (cos that's insensitive to people IRL ya donks)

- Ionmaster

You can try to PvP the monks in the happily no-PvP flag within the region! If you kill the monks they won't be able to revive making it such that when someone dies, it is a PK :O...

(I am joking btw, but I wonder... I want to see someone warclaim the monk ground)

Antags did. Well, kinda. I miss the antags, the only characters I could attack with my monk. Sigh.

sigh... Yes, the war and the intolerance to others is a nice story. In MODERATION. every race/group/city wanting to kill each other? Just makes it seem more and more PvP focused the RP, you know.? Dont get me wrong, i dont expect people to go back the Aegis style of all "kind of" working together ever again, its to far gone. But for once can i just enjoy some RP instead of wondering which bumbling race wants to kill me that day?

Antags did. Well, kinda. I miss the antags, the only characters I could attack with my monk. Sigh.

I still am a high believer that the monks allowed the antag to take their sanctuary, as monks didn't even lift a finger and go "Oh... we are under attack... lets move" and left everyone else to die to defend them...  :megustacreepy:

Though yes... lets say that Antag's attacked the monks...

I'm not a fan of the whole forced PK idea, but if I were to go along with this, I think forced slavery would be the closest thing you can do in the case of a legit genocide. As Ion pointed out however, most times genocide ends up just an annoyance on lotc, whoever it's against. So unless there was someone who truly thought on this (which I cba to) and worked out those kinks, -1.

• When you die, either in roleplay or minecraft, you simply go back to the Cloud Temple and forget all memory of your death and the roleplay leading up to it.

• You can't go back to where you died until 30 minutes after the event of your death has passed (If you die in battle, you must wait 30 minutes after the battle ends until you may return), unless it is where your character would logically go. If your character was murdered near their home, you may return to their home as it is where your character would likely go.

This is what I got from the rules regarding to death.. Uhm, I guess nobody implemented the rule that people can't be forced to PK.. So... I guess forcing people or requesting for people to PK is allowed ._. *goes to write a rant*

As long as they provide good RP and it doesn't threaten the server OOCly (Cybering, etc) you shouldn't inhibit roleplay. For those saying genocide is unfair and isn't fun, there are many ways to roll with the possible situation of a genocide, it doesn't have to be "oh noes we goings to die". Think of creative ways to combat such a situation instead of sallying out your gates and hoping you'll win. There can be RP even in the case of a genocide.

I honestly do not understand why this thread was honestly made... No offense OP, but you don't want there to be forced PK genocide, and no one else does, and honestly I'm fairly sure that it was decided back in WR times that you CANNOT genocide a certain race. Certainly they hunted the Dark Elves for sport, but I'm also fairly sure that the WR had no intention of genocide or forcing PK. Pk will NEVER be forced on someone unless they themselves do something that we consider self-pk: such as suicide or sometimes causing too much drama - something that mods decide needs to change. So really... this thread is a bunch of people yelling at a wall.... like, everyone yelling at a wall. 

I'm not going to lock it, but just be aware that you have no reason to think that genocide is ever going to be okay on LOTC. Even the OP for those who read it said they didn't want it to happen. No worries here.

A declaration of genocide is fine. An attempt is fine. But you can't really force people to PK. I'll make a scenario.

>Insert name< , big shot dwarven industrialist starts a factory paying orc children a mina a day to output iron equipment for the Dwarven Legion. Back in the desert, Papa Orc and all his bruddahs be all like 'Mi klomp' and they go attack the factory, slaying big shot dwarven industrialist and freeing the child orc slaves.

Dwavres go 'INDUSTREH NO GET RID OF ORCS THEY RUIN INDUSTREH!'

In a drunken stupor, genocide of the Uruks is declared and attempted via war claims. In character, sure lots of orcs might be getting slaughtered. But it's really up to the discretion of the player to decide if they choose to pk. Any race under threat of genocide, individuals at least can go into hiding which in itself could be fun. 

With that said, if you try to prevent attempts of genocide through ooc means, no-go. It would be better to have the nations agree to something along the lines of 'honorable war' and what not to do if war occurs (one of these things could be genocide if everyone agrees). PM me and I don't mind going into more detail if anyone is interested in something i've written pertaining to this.

EDIT: In all the instances I've been involved in a declared genocide, it never really lasted long and obviously wasn't carried out. 

Yeah, no.

It ruins RP communities.

If genocide was allowed on a massive scale, we would all be Oren.

Yeah, no.

It ruins RP communities.

If genocide was allowed on a massive scale, we would all be Oren.

GODANI BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF ORENIA! July 4th 1776!

It's been done to death. That's all I really think of it.

erm, also, PKing genocide, one that removes an entire race, just sounds messy and un-fun.

Essentially every single post on the thread, OP. Sorry, thanks, but no thanks.

Just to bump a small point in the OP: This was not a proposition for IG genocide, it was just the OP mulling over the notion for hypothetical purposes. Some of the posts I've seen have slightly antagonizing undertones, just wanted to lay that to rest a bit, if I read them right.