Rainë Academy - Only Accepting Students

Raine Academy

CmUjvv7l.png

Rainë Academy is a school founded by three individuals in hopes to teach others. The academy prizes itself on three fundamental teachings. Magical Arts, Physical Arts, and Ancient Arts. For years the founders thought hard on where and how they should teach. With a location in mind with a growing community, the founders have started their school. With the blessing of the Crystal Maiden, the founders have made plans for their academy’s building as well as their courses. They soon open their doors to the public, ready to take in students and teachers with open arms.

The Founders

Headmaster Ramza Mantisuku (ZeroMasterxZ) ~ Ramza is a quiet half-elf who is very passive. He uses his water evocation for art, his electrical evocation for offensive means. He does not believe in teaching such a dangerous magic, he also refuses to teach just anyone who have not proven themselves. Ramza’s teachings are rather different from other styles. He tends to give the impression of being lazy and having little ambition. Ramza is the Weaponsmith of the Raine Academy. He crafts the weapons and tools for those whom have earned it within the classes given, and is the Mage Class Head.

Azel Bloodseeker (Drone414) ~ Azel is a well built and hardworking Dark Elf. He has a strong work ethic, is a loving husband, and father to two. For four centuries he has studied the art of swordsmanship and archery, taking the title of ranger upon himself after nearly three centuries of life. For years he served Malinor until it eventual destruction, he then moved on to founding the settlement of Darkhaven, but disappeared after sometime, for mysterious reasons. He returned later to learn the settlement had failed. Since then, he has retired to the life of a family man and Ranger. He is the Hunter Class Head.

Dhaun’che Oussana (Maynard66) ~ Dhaun’che is a young Mali’ker girl who began her studies in Wind Evocation at the young age of eleven with her close family friend. Although cursed to be tainted, she is kind and sweet willing to help whomever she can. Her strengths lie in her ability to adapt with her magic and the strength of her will. While she looks very young on the outside, she is quite intelligent if not a little naive. Her goal is to help anyone she can both new and old in the academy. Though she does not teach, she is more a counselor for the students and an organizer of the academy. She is the Scholar Class Head.

The Professors

Azel Bloodseeker (Drone414) - Hunting, Sword fighting, tracking, basic survival
Ramza Mantisuku (ZeroMasterxZ) - Water Evocation
Dhaun'che Oussana (Maynard66) - Anthos Era History, Fringe Era History, Air Evocation
Mika Mikazuki (_Mystearica_) - Medicinal Magic, First Aid
Ilokin (SkyeDragon1) - Arcane Evocation and Shielding
Skale (Drone414) - Fire Evocation and Illusion  
Juliet (JadeKadoa) - Creator Cleric
Vierna Kameki (Pinsir99) - Alchemical Studies
Khel'thir (Hydra98) - Telekinesis
Laria Mogun (tjt810) - Acrobatics and Exotic Weaponry 
Copy (tjt810) - Anatomy
Tanzi Mogun (tjt810) - Electrical Evocation
Alirya Darkwood (sapphireh2o) - Anatomy
Glacio (fitermon) - Water Evocation and Conjuration
Daniel Nodal (Jistuma) - Alchemy
Naeri Elibar'acal (Frottimer) - Fi'hiiran'seth and Fi'hiiran'acaele 
Haadi (Eladriendil) - Fire Evocation
Professor Lionna SwiftGale (rockerkidd) - Engineering
Sul'irrin Audane (ZeedusFrostBlood) - Electrical Evocation and Conjuration
Meta El Solaray (MetaSol) - Swordsmanship and Self-Defense
Odin Hrafnblodt (MagusArcanus) - Rune Studies and Arcane Evocation
Ridun (UofMTigerFan) - Shield Combat
Archibald Vallero (Speedillion) - Conjuration

The Students

Aenaer Misthorn - starwarsdude34
Aphoros - FinalhazardX
Asher - spiffytaylor411
Arelin Belanger/ - Squeak0711
Guarger Tsouderous - Block1234
Ilivarrra Daevion'lyr - JamesG6
Umrae Daevion'lyr - Axeman51
T'ristree Daevion'lyr - iAmLeets
Aepholis Celadithel - Agurka200
Will - Todd877
Rottin'gor - Cookie3000
Luthien - GurenRycerz
Synesi - TheRealKiru
Aris - Triplewing
Aeri'layaa - Kandifloss
Mathis Barondil - zman15
Charlotte - SureLockHomes
Alugor - RetsuWolf
Tobias - NTE_Killer4life
Marky Mark - Oblivionsbane
Ja'Sahra - Escharian
Celia - Escharian

Dress Code

While there is no real dress code, each student is required to wear a specially made ring to represent which part of the academy they represent. Each student is required to wear the ring as long as they are in the academy. While it is a small item, any lost rings will not be refunded and the enchantment that covers them will fade. The professors and headmasters will be wearing uniforms. Each uniform will represent their field. Mage Professors will be wearing long robes that are trimmed in the color(s) of their craft. Scholar Professors will be wearing just a hooded coat with trim that represents their knowledge or preferred field. Hunter Professors will wearing a short cloak with trim that represents their status in the Physical Studies. These uniforms will be worn over their normal clothes and they state their status in the academy.

The Rules

1. No using dark magic on Academy grounds.
2. Respect the professors. 
Do not beg them for magic or to teach you, unless it is their appointed time or they’ve agreed to teach you, it is not their responsibility. Do not assault or insult a teacher. You’ll be swiftly punished by the Disciplinary Committee.
3. Respect the students. Do not harm or bring harm to students. Do not treat them harshly if you’re a teacher, they are people not animals.
4. Teachers are to wear their uniforms and students are to wear their rings.
5. Do not use one another for practice, whether it be magic or physical; unless given permission to do so via a teacher or peer. Example being duels.
6. Weapons are not to be drawn unless during practice or in self defense. Duels are an exception. When in self defense, it is meant entirely as in self defense. If you cause a fight and draw your weapon, you’re in the wrong.
7. Magic is only to be used during designated times. Duels are an exception.
8. The school in it’s entirety is to be respected. It is not a playground, it is a place of learning. Do not abuse it, the individuals within it, or the area around it.
9. The council’s word is final. Each individual is expected to listen to the council in it’s entirety. Whether it be one or all three, listen. A decision made by the council can be overturned via an appeal.
10. All magics except for dark magics are allowed to be practiced on the grounds. Conjuration and Illusion are once again permitted.
11. Only Academy personnel can enter the school, as well as the Arcane Vigils. Those without a ring that are not of the Academy must be given permission to enter via the council, senior professors, or the disciplinary committee.
12. Those living on campus cannot expand their homes. If caught doing so, you shall be punished.
13. No sex on Academy grounds.
14. Be more respectful of visitors and strangers, insulting them at the gate is not necessary.
15. Do not be disrespectful of other races or their lands. Example: Do not call oren pigs when its only one faction attacking you.

OOC Rules

1. If you are going to break the thirteenth rule, please don’t broadcast it. Do not FTB in public. Keep it in whispers or tells. Do not change your prefix to show it, i.e “Hickeys on Neck”
2. Try to keep from insulting one another OOC. It’s of course a server rule, but everyone has been known to lose their cool. Lets be nice everyone.
3. Respect those who’ve put work into this school, OOC or IC. Disrespecting the people who put time into something like this for free is not needed at all, even if at the time the person seems to be asking for it.
4. No ones opinion is entirely wrong and we the founders want to hear it. Instead of spreading it around and starting a coup d'etat, present it to us.
5. Use common sense in OOC. If it’s clearly against server or Academy rules, don’t do it unless you’re willing to deal with the consequences OOC and IC.
6. The leaders of this Academy have the right to remove you for OOC reasons if you cause trouble and/or are not giving any real roleplay or are being a disrespectful member of our mini community.
7. Keep the OOC comments about other races/lands to a minimum. It causes us IC and OOC issues and this is something we are wanting to avoid.

The Courses

At Rainë Academy there is a set of three different class groups that you may attend. Each has its own set of professors and its own set of learning style. Please respect the heads of each department. The departments are Mage Classes, Scholar Classes, and Hunter Classes. Each of these classes have smaller departments within each to direct you to proper learning.

Mage Classes

Mage classes consists of mostly Void Magic. While there is offers to learn Cleric from one of teachers, it is a very restricted class. Void magic will be taught not only for defense but also for art. While these classes are one a more loose schedule, the professor will help you gain the basic knowledge and how to use the magic properly. This may open doors up to other guilds in the future, examples being the Arcane Vigils and possibly the Mage's Guild.

Scholar Classes

Scholar classes cover three areas. Research, Archaeology, and general learning courses. While none of these seem that interesting, there are chances to go off and explore different ruins with the professors and even get a grasp on the world around us and the history that has yet to be learned. With a library that continues to grow, you can learn various hidden secrets of our realm.

Physical Studies

Physical Studies cover three areas. Monsters, Fighting Techniques, and Survival. While there are many new things in the world ahead of us, it is always important to know how defend oneself against monsters and bandits. With physical studies, not only will you learn how to fight, but also how to survive. With the bi-weekly trips out into the wild areas, you take your learned skills with you into practice against actual monsters.

Dorm Rooms

In the past, active students were given living quartes if asked. Within the new land and the location we will settle, it will be the same. Dorm rooms are a privilege and with the new form of housing, under a dormitory head, the school rooms and the dorm rooms, made by the dorm head, will both have to be followed. If rules are broken and/or not followed, then the privilege will be revoked. Upon reaching the desired area, rooms will be given to those who request them. We ask everyone be respectful of one another's space, as things may get chaotic upon the first few elvish weeks of settling.

Admission Forms

Please fill out the following forms. Reviewing of forms will be done over the course of a few elven days. Once admitted, you will be issued your uniform. Please be patient as the reviewing process is discussed among the headmasters.

Professor

::OOC::
MC Name:
Did you ever have an MA?:
Are you aware the rules of Magic?:

::IC::
Name:
Race:
What would you like to teach?:
How often are you able to teach?:
What are your skills?:
What are your strengths?:
What makes you qualified to teach?:

Student

MC Name:
Did you ever have a character with magic?:
Are you aware the rules of Magic: 

Name:
Race:
What would you like to learn?:
Which Class(es) are you enrolling for?:

Announcements

5th of Snow's Maiden 1475 : Dorm Rooms have been made. If you require a room you must speak to a council member for a key. All rooms are three by three meters and can accomidate up to two students or teachers each. Please remember not to edit the walls or expand as space is very limited. Thank you.

2nd of Malin's Welcome, 1474 : Official ties between the Arcane Vigil have been made. The academy will now require that any student wishing to join the Arcane Vigil are implored to speak to a council member about which classes are required to join. While no official ties have been made, the Mages Guild archmages will be paying surprise visits to the school to see promising students. During these visits we ask that all students keep themselves well mannered and willing to show their good faith. Any students caught disrupting the visits of either guild will find themselves suspended.

((OOC Announcements))

Any unproductive posts in this thread will be removed by an FM or a GM. Please rp so people could INTERACT with you instead of random little snippets of rp that only YOU would have. Thank you.

July 5th, 2014 ~ This guild/academy is still being established. The professors are currently able to teach but there is no current location until either 3.5.5 or 4.0 as Fringe is nearly at its end. If you have any questions PM Zero, Drone, or myself. ^_^

July 12, 2014 ~ A new account has been made that will now be taking care of all adding of students/teachers as well post announcements for when events will be taking place.

July 12,2014 ~ We know you are all ready to start teaching your students or starting to your class, we are going through a tough time finding a good spot for 3.75 and do not know how long are going to be in Thrale. Why is that an issue? We do not want to spend so much on a build that will be taken down in a week. Why can't we just build a small school and try to start? Well we do not expect 3.75 to be long and new people coming to see the academy not how it's suppose to look and not in its right area, gives us the wrong image as we are unorganized. So it's a 50/50 move and we do not want to waste your time, but we want you all to have fun. So we will flip a coin, If we find a spot we will start building it and NO PROMISES it will look like we have it in 4.0. We have a spot for it in 4.0, so if we make the academy in 3.75 it will just be a temp building. That is all hope you understand. - Zer0

We are only taking STUDENTS.

hPGpaCu.png

This post has identified itself as a set atmosphere, and would desire you to comply with its tones. Any out of character problems should be brought to the author of the post via PMS. Details

*while walking by the town's message board he notices that a new flyer is up. Not knowing if his first application made it, he quickly makes a new one filling in the same information. He then submits it again.

MC Name: PoseidonisKing
Did you ever have a character with magic?: No, I have never had a character with magic.
Are you aware the rules of Magic?: Yes, I have read the rules of Magic.

Name: Rivornor
Race: Elf
What would you like to learn?: Magic has always been fascinating to me, I want to learn the very basics and then expend into the sub-types. 
Which Class(es) are you enrolling for?:  I hope to enroll in the 'Mage Classes."

Alirya sneezes

"Maybe I did hallucinate the letter..."

She shrugs then continues on

Headmaster Ramza Mantisuku stops her and pokes her head. "Nah... just setting up more...so people would see.."

*while walking by the town's message board he notices that a new flyer is up. Not knowing if his first application made it, he quickly makes a new one filling in the same information. He then submits it again.

MC Name: PoseidonisKing

Did you ever have a character with magic?: No, I have never had a character with magic.

Are you aware the rules of Magic?: Yes, I have read the rules of Magic.

Name: Rivornor

What would you like to learn?: Magic has always been fascinating to me, I want to learn the very basics and then expend into the sub-types. 

Which Class(es) are you enrolling for?:  I hope to enroll in the 'Mage Classes."

Headmaster Ramza Mantisuku takes the form and smiles sending him a letter. "Very well I hope you enjoy our academy, I hope to see you this semester.." he smiles as the letter flies off.

*Rhegon notices the letter, he quickly fills it out, and submits it.*

MC Name: Dannybrine
Did you ever have a character with magic?: Yes, back when Magic Applications were still a thing.
Are you aware the rules of Magic?: Yes. All of them.

Name: Rhegon Drakon
What would you like to learn?: Hydromancy
Which Class(es) are you enrolling for?: Mages

A bird, seemingly made out of electricity flies overhead, within it's lightning-like talons a metal canister is held, electricity arcing this way and that as the canister is dropped before the academy. The canister is ornately decorated and has an "A" engraved in the side, as if it were a noble house symbol, within is a note. The cloth that the note is written on seems to be made out of a woven gold and the letters woven from silver, it reads in an elegant hand, as if sewn or stitched together:

MC Name: ZeedusFrostBlood
Did you ever have an MA?: Yes
Are you aware the rules of Magic?:  Yes

Name: Sul'irrin Audane
Race: Mali'aheral (High Elf)
What would you like to teach?: Electromancy, Basic Conjuration and Primordial Conjuration.
How often are you able to teach?: As often as allowed.
What are your skills?: I am able to communicate well, I get my point across and can understand what issues one may be having.
What are your strengths?: I am able to understand the needs of my students, as well as teach them exactly what must be done in an authorized manner. I have a calm head and can quell the anger between two people easily.
What makes you qualified to teach?:  I was previously called "The Professor of Impervious Galvanism" giving to me by the old-Arch-mage Ambros. I certainly hope you consider me a candidate for position of professor. 

"A"

::OOC::MC Name: DannybrineDid you ever have a character with magic?: Yes, back when Magic Applications were still a thing.Are you aware the rules of Magic?: Yes. All of them.::IC::Name: Rhegon DrakonAge: 125Gender: MaleRace: ElfWhat would you like to learn?: HydromancyWhich Class(es) are you enrolling for?: Mages

A bird, seemingly made out of electricity flies overhead, within it's lightning-like talons a metal canister is held, electricity arcing this way and that as the canister is dropped before the academy. The canister is ornately decorated and has an "A" engraved in the side, as if it were a noble house symbol, within is a note. The cloth that the note is written on seems to be made out of a woven gold and the letters woven from silver, it reads in an elegant hand, as if sewn or stitched together:

Are you aware the rules of Magic?:  Yes::IC::Name: Sul'irrin AudaneAge: 65Gender: MaleRace: Mali'aheral (High Elf)What would you like to teach?: Electromancy, Basic Conjuration and Primordial Conjuration.How often are you able to teach?: As often as allowed.What are your skills?: I am able to communicate well, I get my point across and can understand what issues one may be having.What are your strengths?: I am able to understand the needs of my students, as well as teach them exactly what must be done in an authorized manner. I have a calm head and can quell the anger between two people easily.What makes you qualified to teach?:  I was previously called "The Professor of Impervious Galvanism" giving to me by the old-Arch-mage Ambros. I certainly hope you consider me a candidate for position of professor. 

"A"

Azel studies each application for several moments, humming softly as he reads them over. A shrill whistle soon escapes his lips, and a raven as black as the night sky lands upon his shoulder. He strokes the creatures wing for a moment before thing the applications to its leg, and sending it off.

Are you aware the rules of Magic?:  Yes

Name: Sul'irrin Audane

Race: Mali'aheral (High Elf)

What would you like to teach?: Electromancy, Basic Conjuration and Primordial Conjuration.

How often are you able to teach?: As often as allowed.

What are your skills?: I am able to communicate well, I get my point across and can understand what issues one may be having.

What are your strengths?: I am able to understand the needs of my students, as well as teach them exactly what must be done in an authorized manner. I have a calm head and can quell the anger between two people easily.

What makes you qualified to teach?:  I was previously called "The Professor of Impervious Galvanism" giving to me by the old-Arch-mage Ambros. I certainly hope you consider me a candidate for position of professor. 

"A"

MC Name: Dannybrine

Did you ever have a character with magic?: Yes, back when Magic Applications were still a thing.

Are you aware the rules of Magic?: Yes. All of them.

Name: Rhegon Drakon

What would you like to learn?: Hydromancy

Which Class(es) are you enrolling for?: Mages

CmUjvv7l.png

wt___angry_mr__bird_by_naochiko-d4y0ygz.

"Congratulations, it is my pleasure to confirm your admission to the Rainë Academy. This is an opportunity to join one of the most outstanding student bodies has been made in recognition of your academic and personal achievements. I and the other members of the Council know that you would be a valued member of the Rainë Academy community both in and out of the classroom. On behalf of all of us who had the pleasure of reviewing your application, we hope your next steps lead to Rainë Academy. Additional information including class schedules and orientation and will follow in the coming elven days, as we further construction on the Academy building.

If you have any questions, feel free to send a word to the myself or any member of the Council, and we will respond as we are able."

Sincerely,
Ramza Mantisuku
Head Master of Rainë Academy
Edited by Zer0

*As Lupin wanders along a road, kicking random stones in his path with nothing better to do. Eventually as he walks into a small town and spots a notice board. His eyes quickly pass over general citizen complaints and 'Things to do' lists. Toward the bottom his eye catches a flyer for the academy. After he silently read over what the flyer has to say he grabs an application, filling it out rather quickly. Smiling as he finishes, he submits the application. 

MC Name: c360
Did you ever have a character with magic?: No
Are you aware the rules of Magic?:  Yes, I've read them many times.

Name: Lupin
Race: Human
What would you like to learn?: I wish to learn more about the world that surrounds us as it still holds many secrets that many people still question. I am also very fascinated about various ruins that I have already see in my travels and I have always wanted to find out more about these ruins. If possible in the future I would like to also learn more about magic.
Which Class(es) are you enrolling for?: Scholar

*As Lupin wanders along a road, kicking random stones in his path with nothing better to do. Eventually as he walks into a small town and spots a notice board. His eyes quickly pass over general citizen complaints and 'Things to do' lists. Toward the bottom his eye catches a flyer for the academy. After he silently read over what the flyer has to say he grabs an application, filling it out rather quickly. Smiling as he finishes, he submits the application. 

MC Name: c360

Did you ever have a character with magic?: No

Are you aware the rules of Magic?:  Yes, I've read them many times.

Name: Lupin

Race: Human

What would you like to learn?: I wish to learn more about the world that surrounds us as it still holds many secrets that many people still question. I am also very fascinated about various ruins that I have already see in my travels and I have always wanted to find out more about these ruins. If possible in the future I would like to also learn more about magic.

Which Class(es) are you enrolling for?: Scholar

CmUjvv7l.png

wt___angry_mr__bird_by_naochiko-d4y0ygz.

"Congratulations, it is my pleasure to confirm your admission to the Rainë Academy. This is an opportunity to join one of the most outstanding student bodies has been made in recognition of your academic and personal achievements. I and the other members of the Council know that you would be a valued member of the Rainë Academy community both in and out of the classroom. On behalf of all of us who had the pleasure of reviewing your application, we hope your next steps lead to Rainë Academy. Additional information including class schedules and orientation and will follow in the coming elven days, as we further construction on the Academy building.

If you have any questions, feel free to send a word to the myself or any member of the Council, and we will respond as we are able."

Sincerely,
Ramza Mantisuku
Head Master of Rainë Academy

"Do I have to make a lesson plan or some shite like that."

Headmaster Ramza peaks from his office and looks to Dared. "We are getting ready for the new semester(3.75-4.0).. I'm sure you are excited as I am." he smiles