The Court Of Souls

spqrSancus

Minecraft name:   kido122

Skype ID (optional):   joshua.chap96

Time zone: -EST ((USA, NY))

Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months? -No

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it?:

-I have two characters, Maehr'Celia, Elf, and Samuel King, Human and I am more then willing to kill one of them, or create another as to join with this RP

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past?: Samuel has no allegiances to anyone but himself, working towards better improve his life over helping others and as for Maehr, his allegiances lie's with a guild of thieves, liars, and all around unusual friends, but those ties have become strained over the years

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.): -Im generally lean to more peacful roleplay, though I would say Im a "allrounder" and will join in with any roleplay if it interests me

What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event? -Fear, mystery, unusual surroundings, suspense, but the keys factors can change from event to event

What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a

good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off. -well, like to think Im good builder, given the time I can construct some interesting things (Though 'Scenery" I struggle with, but can manage) and Im as good as any other/possibly slightly above average writer

Why do you want to be part of the Court? -I like to vary my  Roleplay and Ghost Rp is something I looked into in the past, since this 'court' was created I felt as if it was a prime time to start and would provide more Rp

Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!

Nice Day on The Beach

A small group wanders along the beach, staring out at the seemingly endless ocean letting the peaceful calm of day engulf them. As the day goes on, the sun soon begins to set and a rain begins to fall, a flash of lighting engulfs the area and off in the distance a ship can be seen beached. As they wander closer, the full view of the ship can be seen. It lays decrepit, the sails torn, masts splintered, and cargo lay strewn along the whole in hull. After searching the empty cargo, the group venture into the rotting ships hull. The bottom deck is dusty and musty smell is in the air. The patter of the rain is heard on the wood, with the rumble of thunder outside. As they move through the decks, the sound of water splashing the sides of the ship can be heard. As they reach the second deck the meet a sight of bones strewn along the floor, partial and full skeletons hang upon chains, and the sound of feet moving are heard on the top deck. As they make there way up to the top deck they are shocked to see men, ghost more likely, running about with the sound of gulls and high seas heard disspite being clearly beached. The ghost go on endlessly working, not aware of the presence of the group, except one by the captains cabin whom motions for them. As they approach, it points to the cabin and dissapate to nothing. As they try to open the door, the ghost suddenly stop and face them, anger in there faces they draw there ghastly blades and move towards the group. If the group decided to stay, the door would open just before the ghost reach them. As the door opens and they rush in, and it shuts, the room goes quite and a old skeleton, appearently the captain, lays over a rusted chest. Inside the chest they find a treasure of sorts....and soon find they are locked in the room. As time goes by, a laugh can be heard and the captains ghostly self rises from the skeleton, it rushes towards them, passes through them and dissapates as it reaches the door. A sudden crash is heard, the roar of angry seas is heard, the ship seemingly rocks uncontrolably, items fly off the shelves as the ship seemingly capsizes and sinks into the sea. The door swings open, and daylight rushes in.

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional, however, your saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be.

N/A

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral ettiquette? Why yes, yes I do

Minecraft name:   kido122

Skype ID (optional):   joshua.chap96

Time zone: -EST ((USA, NY))

Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months? -No

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it?:

-I have two characters, Maehr'Celia, Elf, and Samuel King, Human and I am more then willing to kill one of them, or create another as to join with this RP

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past?: Samuel has no allegiances to anyone but himself, working towards better improve his life over helping others and as for Maehr, his allegiances lie's with a guild of thieves, liars, and all around unusual friends, but those ties have become strained over the years

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.): -Im generally lean to more peacful roleplay, though I would say Im a "allrounder" and will join in with any roleplay if it interests me

What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event? -Fear, mystery, unusual surroundings, suspense, but the keys factors can change from event to event

What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a

good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off. -well, like to think Im good builder, given the time I can construct some interesting things (Though 'Scenery" I struggle with, but can manage) and Im as good as any other/possibly slightly above average writer

Why do you want to be part of the Court? -I like to vary my  Roleplay and Ghost Rp is something I looked into in the past, since this 'court' was created I felt as if it was a prime time to start and would provide more Rp

Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!

Nice Day on The Beach

A small group wanders along the beach, staring out at the seemingly endless ocean letting the peaceful calm of day engulf them. As the day goes on, the sun soon begins to set and a rain begins to fall, a flash of lighting engulfs the area and off in the distance a ship can be seen beached. As they wander closer, the full view of the ship can be seen. It lays decrepit, the sails torn, masts splintered, and cargo lay strewn along the whole in hull. After searching the empty cargo, the group venture into the rotting ships hull. The bottom deck is dusty and musty smell is in the air. The patter of the rain is heard on the wood, with the rumble of thunder outside. As they move through the decks, the sound of water splashing the sides of the ship can be heard. As they reach the second deck the meet a sight of bones strewn along the floor, partial and full skeletons hang upon chains, and the sound of feet moving are heard on the top deck. As they make there way up to the top deck they are shocked to see men, ghost more likely, running about with the sound of gulls and high seas heard disspite being clearly beached. The ghost go on endlessly working, not aware of the presence of the group, except one by the captains cabin whom motions for them. As they approach, it points to the cabin and dissapate to nothing. As they try to open the door, the ghost suddenly stop and face them, anger in there faces they draw there ghastly blades and move towards the group. If the group decided to stay, the door would open just before the ghost reach them. As the door opens and they rush in, and it shuts, the room goes quite and a old skeleton, appearently the captain, lays over a rusted chest. Inside the chest they find a treasure of sorts....and soon find they are locked in the room. As time goes by, a laugh can be heard and the captains ghostly self rises from the skeleton, it rushes towards them, passes through them and dissapates as it reaches the door. A sudden crash is heard, the roar of angry seas is heard, the ship seemingly rocks uncontrolably, items fly off the shelves as the ship seemingly capsizes and sinks into the sea. The door swings open, and daylight rushes in.

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional, however, your saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be.

N/A

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral ettiquette? Why yes, yes I do

((OOCly accepted. Get a character planned up then post the RP application. You may also want to think up a character title. I'll be shooting you a forum PM soon (or adding you to one) or if it turns out that we have reached the limit of participant, skype/steam.))

((We are preparing to start our "guild" in earnest, and may or may not attempt the takeover of a certain marshy, evil area with particular benefits for ghosties...))

((Might run into some opposition there... Or perhaps, potential friends :megustacreepy: ))

((RP Application))

[!] The boom and rumble of hooves trampling the ground sound through the night air, seeking spirits of old and new alike. Taking the form of a ghostly rider, burning with fire and smoke, and sitting upon a vile horse, it hurls a dark, old, and crumpled scroll at your ghostly character's feet. Within the scroll is first written the Commandments of the Court and following that, it's purpose as a legislative entity bent on pursuing the survival and empowerment of all spectral-kind. Finally, there comes the actual letter itself.

You have been summoned to take up a role at the Spectral Court. Join us now, brother or sister in Death, and we shall attain Godhood together. Write the letter and call for the spirit of the Cavalier, and his protégé will soon ride to take you home.

Welcome back, friend of Darkness.

Your name and/or title. -Samuel King "The Forgotten"

Your allegiances in life. -None but myself and a select few of long forgotten friends

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish? -Aye, I do

Your age. -35

[!] The boom and rumble of hooves trampling the ground sound through the night air, seeking spirits of old and new alike. Taking the form of a ghostly rider, burning with fire and smoke, and sitting upon a vile horse, it hurls a dark, old, and crumpled scroll at your ghostly character's feet. Within the scroll is first written the Commandments of the Court and following that, it's purpose as a legislative entity bent on pursuing the survival and empowerment of all spectral-kind. Finally, there comes the actual letter itself.

You have been summoned to take up a role at the Spectral Court. Join us now, brother or sister in Death, and we shall attain Godhood together. Write the letter and call for the spirit of the Cavalier, and his protégé will soon ride to take you home.

Your name and/or title: "The Wronged" 

[The Real Name Would be In RP when bought up after some time]

Your allegiances in life: Druids and Mages

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish?: Yes

Your age: 712

[Forgot what his age was, but it was over 500, so I will go with 712. Will change if misunderstood about the aging.]

Your name and/or title: "The Wronged" 

[The Real Name Would be In RP when bought up after some time]

Your allegiances in life: Druids and Mages

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish?: Yes

Your age: 712

[Forgot what his age was, but it was over 500, so I will go with 712. Will change if misunderstood about the aging.]

((I noticed that you haven't done the OOC app, either on the thread or via PM. Please do so as soon as possible and I will respond as fast as I can.

If you don't want to take part in the ET-like activities, that is also fine, just say so in the OOC app and fill out any other things pertaining to bans, lore, etc. I will be making a separate app for such people shortly. Expect an edit on the OP))

[[Anyways, even though the most recent posts on this thread are all good, but still please be reminded to use proper ooc formatting and stay on topic!]]

The dark of the night dominates Athera once more as the spirits of the Court leave their first official meeting.

Tobias, more commonly known as The Captain steps out into the streets of Fiandra, letting out a loud whistle. Mere seconds after the graven's call a large black steed gallops out of an alleyway. The beast loyally halts infront of Tobias, he grasps the reins with his thin, dead hands and slings himself onto the horse's back. 
Tobias gives the horse a little kick, going into full gallop.The rider quickly escapes the settlement to continue the task of the former rider, to guide fellow spirits to the Court.

deathonhorse.jpg

((Woo! This guy is no longer an NPC!))

((RP Application))

Your name and/or title. -Samuel King "The Forgotten"

Your allegiances in life. -None but myself and a select few of long forgotten friends

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish? -Aye, I do

Your age. -35

((We accepted you officially yesterday, as you know, friend. Welcome to the team!))

**+*+**

And in the darkness of an old, old attic, a creature of Shadow and Smoke and a creature of Silver and Fire stand before a new-coming soul. The walls gleam a hellish red, and the shadows hover menacingly.

"Here is the Darke, Soul! That which harboured death and destruction and the creation of our kind. We are born of it, the sons and daughters of an entity which existed before the Creator himself."

"Some of us are lost to the darkness which bore us. They hide away from the living and the dead, fearful of the stranger and fearful of the self! But this is not to be our fate! Where some may hide, others shall seek, and this Soul who, here before us, has come to seek us! The Darke has claimed you, Brother of Shadows, and now you stand as one of us!"

"Our numbers are few, but our powers grow!"

"We are weak alone, but united, together, we stand stronger and higher than man, than elf, than man, than orc!"

"So it is that from this day forward, Samuel King, the Forgotten, the Soul, is brought into our eternal fold, which has stood before Father Time himself!"

Though the Silver of my ancestors stand eternal, the Darke is more eternal still!"

"We will exist from now, to the end, and then beyond the end. You are one of us, now, Soul. Forgotten you may be, but Remembered is what shall thee be!"

"Arise!"

"We attain Godhood together!"

"It is done, brother. Welcome to the Court of Souls."

((In the coming days, look out for a post by cman (the Engraved, and our Court Scribe) about things such as details about the first meeting, and a lore post trying to explain why ghosts need to eat. Yup, time to explain why the air is cold and why the ghost is eating our bread! Woot!))

(Information cannot be used IG)

Note from Sancus - Let anyone from within the Court of Souls to use it as RP, but no one else.

Within a dark and musty attic, chosen precisely for a single purpose, five immortal entities conversed. One was The Silver Sentinel, a powerful being capable of many feats. His age surpassed any mortal known to have walked on the planet.

Next to him sat the Golden Soul, who was in the midst of questioning her very existence as the powers she held could overcome any who crossed her path. She undoubtedly knew of the coming moments that were soon to happen within the court.

The Captain Condemned sat with The Silver Sentinel, both Graven, and both very dangerous. Masters of the shadows, they dedicated their thoughts on the most pressing matters within the spirit world.

To the Captain’s left sat the Engraved, to whom nothing is set in stone, despite the Golden Soul’s opinions may be. Any documents, vows, and even life can be torn, broken, or destroyed. “Nothing is set in stone”, he would often say.

A few hours in, the Court welcomed a new spirit, The Forgotten. He was welcomed as a friend, and gave his word within the court. Being but only a simple spirit, his journey within the court had just begun.

Even so, the Engraved demonstrated what this newcomer could do, given power, given time, and nearly leveled the room in which they converged.

As the discussion proceeded, talk came upon the new lands within the realm of Athera. Whispers of a swamp holding only the darkest of magic reached the court, and intriguing many. The rumours of its secrets gave hope to these immortals, and drove their determination to claim what was rightfully theirs to own. The land was said to allow the spirits to walk among the mortals in full form, and allow the full use of their powers.

Talk soon disbanded into a vote on how these immortals shall acquire this land, and what to make of the mortals that may well already dwell in the region. Hyra voted to claim the land by peace. All others deemed it wise to acquire such lands by any means necessary, even if it meant violence and death - or banishment of their own.

The Captain Condemned, in his utter darkness had, as always, been going about his duties. His control was increasing greatly as his duties grew to encompass those of the Cavalier and Horseman. Traveling through the land in the shadows of death, he would bring about the spirits that could soon participate within the court.

The meeting soon ended, leaving the godly spirits to wander back to their own doing…for now…

Note from Sancus - I believe that covers all of import in the meeting. The rest was mostly explanations about Hyra’s status as Graven.

((So lets say my old main char died, Harrison Geminine (He did die). Could I have him apply to join the court?))

((So lets say my old main char died, Harrison Geminine (He did die). Could I have him apply to join the court?))

((So long as you don't plan on making him a second gen graven (no pk's allowed)) and just either a first gen or a generic ghost, you most certainly could!))

((What do you mean? I am confused by second gen graven? Do you mean the first time he is a ghost?))

((What do you mean? I am confused by second gen graven? Do you mean the first time he is a ghost?))

((No, second gen = the Graven revival. They are a separate type of creature that is closely linked to the originals. Don't concern yourself over that - Your character has been PK'd already and couldn't become one if you wanted him to. All other kinds of ghost, including the Graven set forth by the original creator, is open game.))