Promote Freedom Of Roleplay

Cyndikate

I think a guideline that should be added and enforced is: If the role-play is good, it goes.

This means that, even if the role-play makes no sense (imagine a potato monster), if you are having fun, it goes. That's the whole point, isn't it? Having fun? If someone is role-playing something that is sketchy, yet they're doing it well and you're having fun, you shouldn't be the ****** who uses l-ooc to ask if it's approved lore and questions everything in that role-play session.

I think a guideline that should be added and enforced is: If the role-play is good, it goes.

This means that, even if the role-play makes no sense (imagine a potato monster), if you are having fun, it goes. That's the whole point, isn't it? Having fun? If someone is role-playing something that is sketchy, yet they're doing it well and you're having fun, you shouldn't be the ****** who uses l-ooc to ask if it's approved lore and questions everything in that role-play session.

Good is very subjective. One person's 'good' is another person's 'fucking ridiculous'.

Good is very subjective. One person's 'good' is another person's '******* ridiculous'.

Good as in enjoyable. If it rustles your jimmies, well... Yeah.

If I were a prospective member to the server, flying around as a wandering soul and I came across some dude RPing as a giant potato or someone RPing a character from LoL, I'd leave. On the spot. I'd assume the server was just a bucket of trolly slop or another Uthra- Never mind. Not gonna say that name here. In summary, I'd assume the server was a joke and take my time elsewhere.

If nobody complains who exactly is going to stop you?

Eh, my case was Tentoa told an LM, and while I didn't get in trouble, my events are suspended until the Acerbus lore is reviewed. So, I got stopped even though I was providing fun rp. 

Good as in enjoyable. If it rustles your jimmies, well... Yeah.

Basically, 'It should be fun for everyone!'

But if you're not having fun and I am, well **** you?

no

Nope, never have.

...Ok den.

But back on topic- I dont think that making everything ultra free and such is a good idea...

Why not go work with a comtract mage to get your character 6 tails, and cat ears, instead of just making it pop outta nowhere...?

why dont you just write a lore post requesting it be implemented like the system we already have cuz its a good system that prevents really really dumb ideas that a lot of people have

Or maybe sticking to the most definitive theme of the server would serve as a better example to those who would wish to join the community and those who have had instead of playing as ridiculous creatures because it's "xDDD LE FUNNY" (such as potato monsters and nine-tailed mages), as it dillutes the legitimacy of the server's established fantasy genre. Total roleplay freedom is bad and promotes fictious diversity, which carves the path to the server becoming much like a fanfiction MMO where everyone can step beyond set boundaries because "it's fun."

Or maybe sticking to the most definitive theme of the server would serve as a better example to those who would wish to join the community and those who have had instead of playing as ridiculous creatures because it's "xDDD LE FUNNY" (such as potato monsters and nine-tailed mages), as it dillutes the legitimacy of the server's established fantasy genre. Total roleplay freedom is bad and promotes fictious diversity, which carves the path to the server becoming much like a fanfiction MMO where everyone can step beyond set boundaries because "it's fun."

I love you. 

Eh, my case was Tentoa told an LM, and while I didn't get in trouble, my events are suspended until the Acerbus lore is reviewed. So, I got stopped even though I was providing fun rp. 

The problem there is the problem we've always had: players lore moderating for the sake of it.

The problem there is the problem we've always had: players lore moderating for the sake of it.

This is also something players seem to be unfamiliar with. This trend of "we can wing it if people have fun" had been going on for a long time. In fact, I think the players would argue against LM control over these kinds of situations. This excessive lore-freedom should halt and the actual people who were assigned the duty of handling lore that affects the server IC and OOC should be consulted more because of this. No one wants more Snow Elf "subraces" because 5 people enjoy the concept.

Yet our snow elves were still permitted to be played, just not as a subrace.