[Final, Ready For Review]New Playable Creatures: Torvali [Idea]

TavernLich

Roleplay/ Background Story: (P.S. Torval= singular, Torvali= plural)

[!] In a dark evening, with the winds howling the the twigs of an old willow tree a young man begins to 

unwrap the secrets of the void... in a library.

Uriel takes an old book off a shelf with throwing the dusty thing away in mind.

However, as he clears the musty book off. He notices the words "Creatures of the Void" appear.

His interest perks up and he opens the thinning cover to reveal secrets unknown to many.

He reads the words aloud, entangled in its alien teachings, "Some say when the evocationists did 

their magic and what not and stops it all goes to the Void, where nothingness and everything coexist 

in an eldritch realm of mystery. They their magic came their and became one with the Void, this was 

true, yet untrue. Yes you-" Uriel suddenly stops at these words and realizes this to be a journal of 

none other than his great grandfather who was thought to be a madman with whimsical delusions.

"What in the world is that old fart's journal doing here? Oh well might as well read..." He says to 

himself with an eyebrow raised and begins to resume. "-might think I'm crazy but I am not, I have

seen them before. The Torvali." Again Uriel stops, this time laughing his ass off,"This lune thinks he saw 

an Imp!" He says, for at that time Imps were legends, beings of strange background.

[!] As he laughs a man with  a dark robe enters the library unnoticed.

"Old man! There is no such thing as an Imp! These lesser Deamons of yours is nothing but a sad

man's delusions!" He says, remembering his  Great Grandfather talking about them when he was

more than a child. 

Suddenly, the voice of the robbed man reaches the kid, "They aren't mythes boy..." He says grabbing 

Uriel across the collar. Uriel's eyes enlarge, nearly popping out, "Wh-who are you?" He says

struggling against the man's grip. "Who am I?" He says with a gnarled finger stretched on the word 

"Torval". "A-a-a To-to-TORVAL?!" Uriel says, barely able to stay conscious. "Of course my dear boy! Now why

don't you take a nap!" He says as he pulls out a crude blade from his sleeve and strikes again and

again and again...

Torvali

Torvali are created from the "leftovers" of mages' magic, specifically evocation magic. As they use magic some of it is left to wander the void. As they grow in size the begin to form a humanoid shaped being called an imp. As a result of their creation from evocation of different types, they must of course have specific types: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Arcane and Electric Torvali, also being born in the void, they already form a natural connection to it and thus are between tier two or three of their type. This also means they can't learn any other magic other than their evoked type. All Torvali are born with a natural glamour that they can choose once and only once. They can look like the main races, but not know what they know. Meaning an Imp disguise as an Uruk would not know the Blah. Along with this other weaknesses of their glamour is that it doesn't affect their eye color which are based on what type they are, fire: red, water: deep, deep blue, air: pure white, earth: pure black, as for arcane their eyes are separated between two colors meaning one eye is always different from the other eye. Also, their voices aren't changed, meaning with some knowledge it would be pretty easy to spot one in close contact with an Torvali. 

Types of Torvali:

Fire: Fire Torvali are generally hot-tempered and have red skin. They are chaotic and love destruction, but  they aren't entirely evil most of them are just like pranksters. They use fire evocation.

Water: Water Torvali are cool tempered and usually don't care too much about what happens around them. However, they aren't pushovers either, if made to fight they will. Uses water evocation.

Air: Air Torvali are usually calm, cool and collected and thus avoid conflict as much as they can, don't be fooled though, they are the smartest of the types of Imps and are very clever. Uses air evo.

Earth: Earth Torvali are they usual "tough guys" of the imp race. They are the complete opposite of air imps, tending to be out right and have a  "shoot first, ask questions later" sort of Imp. They are the most aggressive. Uses earht evo.

Arcane: Arcane Torvali are neutral meaning what it means. They aren't too chaotic, mellow, smart or aggressive, but just right. This means this imp is the most "tame" in words. Uses arcane evo.

Electric: Electric Torvali are energetic and full of life, they desire a life of adventure and excitement these Torvali usually rival the fire imps as they normally don't get along, unlike all the other Torval.

Behaviors: 

Torvali, despite what is written above, can still behave outside their general roles, so be careful that wimpy air Torval may not seem what it looks to be.

Powers:

Torvali are all between tier 2 or 3 of their magic type as to the cause of their being born into the void. This also means they can only learn their type and trying to learn another magic would cause pain and misery to their very being. As to this Torvali when they use their magic use their life force in the stead of their "mana". This means that when killed or using to much magic will deplete their life source and they will be sucked back into the void where they must regain their strength to claw back to the mortal realm.

The language of Power:

The language of power is a lost magic only known to the Torvali, however even to the Torvali most of it is gone. It is not a "word" perhaps, but a meaning to one Torval, specific to them and only them. This means that a Torval can speak gibberish but still speak the language of power. 

Words of Power:

The words of power are the Torvali way of using their life force in a different sort of way other than evocation magic. As I said it can be gibberish but still have effect, so I will list what the word would do  but not a word itself. I am accepting ideas for these words.

1. Shatter word- this word shatters glass and maybe crack small stones if the Torval was strong enough.

2: Fear word- the fear word causes fear to be placed into someone, however, it depends on that someone, for instance a hardened Uruk warrior would never succumb to this, but a hobbit (halfling) with a shovel would be. This doesn't mean he will pee his pants but maybe creeped out or have goose bumps.

3. Morale word- this word causes a person's morale to either go down or up. This doesn't affect strength or prowess in anyway, just a confidence boost or opposite of that.

4. Smell word- Causes a person(s) to smell something, this doesn't really do much, just for funsies basically.

5. Dispel word- Can dispel minimal magic at an extreme cost, sometimes even killing the Torval for good if they aren't strong enough, this is the "ultimate" word for the Torvali.

AGAIN, THESE WORDS DEPEND ON THE STRENGTH OF THE TORVAL!!!

Bonds and Cuddles:

A Torval isn't just a free roam monster, but rather a searching being. Searching for what you ask? A soul mate of course! When a Torval meets a user of their type of evocation and likes him or her, the Torval can choose to be their familiar. However this means both parties have to consent with this. When a Torval becomes a familiar to someone, neither party is the master of the other, but rather an equal.  After the bonding process they would form an unbreakable bond and they would sacrifice themselves to save the other and become almost one. If a Torval leaves his chosen mage's side, he would feel a great sadness forever or until they reunite once more and vice-versa for the mage too. This bonding process is not optional to the Torvali, one way or another they will have someone to bond with.

Appearance:

Torvali are as tall as your average human and without their glamour they have a humanoid figure, their skin however, is a different matter all to itself. The skin color depends on the Imps' evocation type, meaning fire=red, water=blue, air=white, earth=black, arcane evo= purple (yes I know aura and its colors, but for the sake of myself, I'm making it purple, deal with it :p) and at last, electric= yellow. For aesthetic purposes they can have small wings, horns or tails  but they aren't useful at all, meaning you can't grab an object with a tail, fly around like a maniac or stab someone with your horns. 

How to kill a Torval for Dummies:

-Tovali are susceptible to all ways of killing, just like your average person.

-Torvali feel more pain from aurum (gold), this is because it is easier to kill them with an aurum blade.

-Torvali die right away after the smallest of cuts from a bone blade, blessed by a War Cleric and dipped in the blood of evil: necromancers, etc.

-the Torval dies almost right away if both the eyes are taken and burnt.

-Torvali are physically weaker than most people

-have less than average hearing

WEAKNESSES IDEAS ARE WELCOME!

Torvali, strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:

-start out with tier 3 evocation magic or their type

-imperfect glamour to disguise them

-able to use the Language of Power

Weaknesses:

-Can only use their evocation type of magic

-physically weak

-easier to kill with aurum

-can be killed like any other person

-KO with a bone sword blessed by a war cleric and dipped in the blood of evil

-if their eyes are taken and burnt they die right awy

-have less than average hearing

-more sensitive to pain

-drinking the blood of the dead is like poison for them

Red Lines:

-no Torval using magic other than their type

-all Torval must quest to find their "soul mate"

-Torvali aren't imune to their own type of evocation

-being a Torval doesn't mean you are stronger than a person, infact you might be at a disadvantage

IF this lore is accepted, I will govern the Torvali both In-Character and OOC.

I will allow only 12-14 Torvali at a time.

An application will be made once this has been accepted.

Thanks for reading!!! :yay:  :ohplz: 

P.S. CRITICISM IS WELCOME AS LONG AS IT HELPS!

Hopefully this gets accepted this is only my second time writing lore, thanks for the positive feedback guys!

Lol if you want to go about getting the lore accepted ask a LM because they approve of new creatures 

Don't we already have imps?

Eh I have RPed with a few before but to my knowledge it is an et playable monster

Well I looked at the lore list for the creatures both ET and normal and I didn't see an imp so... yeah...

Imps are a ET creature, as what I have knowledge of. As one of my characters currently holds a obsidian vase of a fire imp. If the imp is released the great man Zarsies will Rp as it, as he created it. Though I was told the lore was hidden due to people not knowing how to deal with the imps. 

I have been told though that the imp has the possibility to burn you very quickly as they have strong attacks if a fire imp, same as others I believe! Though if you would like more information contact Zarsies here:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/user/15961-zarsies-sprat/

Actually I wrote the original Imp lore. 

Also arcane evocation isn't purple by default so an arcane imp being purple doesn't make much sense. Alsoooooo Electric imps.

My mistake Kitten, forgive my acknowledgment, I was told Zarsies was. (Forgive me!)

Neverless, the Imp lore you wrote is still hidden or is it somewhere else? A link perhaps to help the OP if it is open.

If I named them different would it count as not an Imp? Cause I seriously don't wanna waste all my efforts on this lore.