(4.0) Ghouls - Playable Zombies

DruinsBane

Ghouls

65hliRb.png

It is with strange fancy that I have stumbled upon such ***** creation, I write with such curiosity at the meaning and possibility. In arts and crafts of the dark and foul I have stumbled upon creation that would shock thee most profound scholars in this art.

I call this new breed of the unliving Ghouls, I've named them after such idle fairy tales that farmers and wives give to the sounds outside their pig squabble of a home. But! Mark these etched words upon parchments skins that these are no fairy tales. It all started in the midst of one unforgettable night, there I was in my element in the graves of forgotten soldiers. No one would see me that night, the shadows were long and the light of a crescent moon only peaking through the mysterious clouds.  I had my assistant with me, a short bulbous man with a hooked nose and a hunched back, his feature were grim but I trusted him.

We thrust deep within the grounds loins, heaving and pushing mud and gravel alike, until meeting with the box that most men dread and deny, I and my companion thought of it like a present a gift! We were giddy to open and see what ‘treasure’ lay inside. A well preserved man inside, oh what joy filled me and my companion, Caloo Calay! What a wonder to say, but in my absent mindedness I attracted a passer, he yelled out something along the lines of this “What’s all that noise!”.

Only one thing to do I supposed, I raised that damned body with my power and might showing that man true fright! Oh how he ran oh how he fled, it made me laugh! At his dread. But after dawns crown steadily approached and all my strength left the body something ***** happened the thing rose and attacked my companion, I didn't tell it to, it was running off its own mind o-r what was left of it. But lucky for my companion it seemed to show respect to I! It seemed odd, it followed me, I took it back to our hallowed halls.

Experiments

Test one concludes that they seem to obey the necromancer, reasons unknown more tests need to be concluded. The creature often seems to sob in my presence, and seems very docile as well.

Test two concludes through draining and passing life force through the ghoul you can make the thing more peaceful or stark raving mad. My companion would approach the cage the Ghoul would lash out, my presence didn't seem to affect its attitude in fact it seemed more like a trained dog towards me. The nails seem very large now, and they lash out farther out of its cage every passing night as if reaching for something.

Test three concludes it prefers to attack sentient life, bringing animal and my companion near the cage the creature will always go reach out for him even if the animal is closer.

Test Three concludes that by feeding live animals the creature it gains life force, note sentient life has not been tested but most likely it would give the creature more, concluding the reason why is prefer sentient over animal.

Conclusion, my mind is set upon the idea of rare and uncanny resurrection. The creature is independent of the necromancer seeking life force on its own accord, necromancers seem to have control over the creatures, reason unknown but thought being that they may think if they do good the necromancer will reward them with such, but it is still an unknown.

OOC creation and things to note:

Note once a Ghoul is killed that Ghoul will be encouraged to perma, note this system is more of a reincarnation system, you die as a ghoul you become a different ghoul. Note your privileges as a Ghoul player can be removed if you cause problems, but do not threat this will be rare and we'll talk it out with the Representative player before hand.

Ghouls seem to obey necromancers due to their creation and the hope that they’ll supply them with more lifeforce. Note if a necromancer attacks a Ghoul, the Ghoul can defend itself.

Ghouls can take on various sizes and forms, they're self sustaining cadavers or patch-work monsters. They may be of any animal or sentient creature. (within reason)

Behaviour

Their minds are broken shells of major memories that loiter their psyche, often sending them to go places in which they used to live and surround themselves in past memories to alleviate these feelings of constant nostalgia.

The souls of these beings are damaged but not broken, because of this they can express emotions such as sadness, remorse, and even love from people of their past. However, this does not mean that a ghoul will not attack someone they have deep feelings for, their need for lifeforce trumps their humanity, turning him on the one’s they once cared for.

Weaknesses

Ghouls are undead, they receive all weakness of that respective group of creatures.

- Weakness to gold

- Weakness to Holy magic

- Sluggish due to rot

Red Lines

- Joe the friendly Ghoul. Ghouls can’t be integrated into society but can be commanded by necromancers. And or others through training and torture.

- Ghouls are in constant hunger for life-force, this hunger is able to suppress any other feelings they might have. If you however, do not RP this constant craving for life-force then it would be considered as powergaming.

Application

(Recently editted)

MC name:
Timezone:

Ghoul Description

Do you understand & agree to uphold the rules:

This lore is approved, right?

Correct, this lore does not violate the mechanical standard, I've had global moderators look this over numerous times.

MC name: TrevenT
Timezone: Mountain Standard Time
Why do you want to play a Ghoul: It sounds like a very interesting experience to play as an insane creature who has a non-stop hunger, and he must feed this hunger in order to survive. I've been Roleplaying for years now and never have I played something quite like this. I think it'd be really fun and add some much needed RP to the server.

Do you understand & agree to hold the bounds: Yes.

MC name: legoface123
Timezone: Gmt
Why do you want to play a Ghoul: It will add much needed rp and will shape the server. It will be an amazing addition to the lore and it will be great to be a part of it.
Do you understand & agree to hold the bounds: Yes

MC name: PiercingDarkness
Timezone: Pacific
Why do you want to play a Ghoul:

I believe it can give me some enjoyable role-play, and an opportunity to provide events to others.

Do you understand & agree to hold the bounds:
I understand, and whole heartedly agree. 

MC name: 77minerman
Timezone: EST
Why do you want to play a Ghoul: It seems to be fun rp! A new, fresh experience that I have never had the pleasure of trying!

Ghoul Description: With his robe on, and hood up, he would seem a normal person, albeit with a limp. His head rests looking down usually. His cloak may have a few tatters from where the swords entered him repeatedly, though most would brush this off. He does not speak much, with his jaw hanging by mere flesh to his head.

Do you understand & agree to uphold the rules: I do, of course.

MC name: Dtrik
Timezone: PST
Why do you want to play a Ghoul: I want to play a ghoul as a stepping stone to necromancy.
Ghoul Description: A slowly decaying halfling, deriving his name from whatever his current master names him. His left hand is gone, replaced by a bony nub. This ghoul is as slow in the head as he is in speed and tends to still try to do things using his nub. His 2'6" stance makes him seem more a nuisance than an actual threat. Do not let that fool you though, under neath his ragged clothing, several lumps of flesh are gone from others beating on him with weapons.
Do you understand & agree to uphold the rules: Yes, let me feast on the flesh of the living and bathe in the blood of gods!

MC name:bobo1998play
Timezone:EST
Why do you want to play a Ghoul: Beacuse it seems like fun Roleplay and I really would love to play one

Ghoul Description: An undead Human His body is cut in multiple places and he is missing 4 fingers 2 on each hand in there place rotten stumps. His flesh is leathery and old and if you ever got close enough you would smell the rotting of his flesh if you haden't already noticed his undead appearance

Do you understand & agree to uphold the rules:Yes of cource

MC name: cookedporkchops_
Timezone: EST
Why do you want to play a Ghoul: It seems like a fun, enjoyable and interesting RP experience, and something I want to try out :)

Ghoul Description: An Elf. His skin is discolored, rough, as well as wrinkly and his eyes have a strange tint to them. Taking off his hood would reveal his ears have bite marks in them.

Do you understand & agree to uphold the rules: Aye.

MC name: TapeSauce.
Timezone: PST.
Why do you want to play a Ghoul: It would be an entirely new experience for me, and one that I anticipate would be very fun.

Ghoul Description: Dug out from his grave and eventually reborn in this new shape, Daeglan MacCulloch stands at 5'10" with a ghastly hunch making him appear far shorter of which shows reason to his sloth-like gait. What remains of his hair now resembles weeds sprouting from the decaying flesh patched in his scalp. His bony jaw is shown by its emaciated foundation, and the whole of his body accurately defines the words desecration and malnutrition. To hide these unholy features, the creature consciously wears a cloak (though it is adorned with dried blood and is tattered in many spaces, leaving speculation to its true state).

Do you understand & agree to uphold the rules: Yep.