Glo' Gang

BmPDQjQ.png

dVkLNnl.png

Across the vast, vast ocean to the south of Athera, lays a small island. On the island are many, many settlers, known as 'Farfolk'. The Farfolk on the Island are very different than most of the humans of Athera. Their customs, language, and education is also very different (Just like how a Human would see an Orc's customs) compared to the humans of Athera.

The inhabitants of the islands' culture seems to be slightly similar to that of the Orcs. They are spread out into many tribes, each tribe having their own chief, shamans, and other high ranking members. They're very spiritual, and they participate in 'odd' rituals, in which they give offerings to the spirits of their ancestors and such. Their chief's and the head shamans' hair were also done in eccentric fashions to show off their high rank and status.

These Farfolks' religion is very similar to those of the Monks of the Cloud Temple, too. They believe in the Celestial Triumvirate, and they also believed that their great ancestors watched over them. Each tribe followed one of the three in particular. They believed that their tribes should have a strong connection to one another just like the triumvirate, if not stronger. Whether it was Keldrith, Relenia, or Tariel. Keldrith. (These three were depicted as various metals. Keldrith, a bar of gold representing the sun. Relenia, a diamond representing the moon. Lastly, Tariel, a gem of lapis lazuli representing the stars.) It is a myth, that long ago one of the chief's counted all the 'celestial beings' he could find in the sky at night, and the number came out as 300, and as of then the Celestial Triumvirate was known as the "Three Hunna".

8MC2lrr.png

The Sunstrider Tribe was one of the most powerful tribes on the island, (followers of Keldrith) and was lead by the powerful Chief, Keith. He's a single child, and he was passed down the title of Chief when his father, Reese, died of a dangerous plague. When Keith was little, he was ignorant, and his advisers and shamans did most of the work leading. He was slowly taught by his tutor, and finally became of age to understand his place, and actually acknowledge the full length of his power as chief. He worked well, and made his people happy. But so much changed  when he had to make one grave decision...

GxL3kln.png

One day, all the chief's of the three tribes sat and debated on what to do about the breakout of this fatal disease in the Council Hut, which resided on a sunny hill, that out looked the ocean. The three chief's were passing around a pipe of cactus green in the cozy hut, and began discussing...

Keith's idea was to take all of the healthy, and sail to a new land and start anew, while the sick stayed in the sacred lands and died honorably in the place of their ancestors. But the remaining chief's objected, saying that to leave their home land was to abandon their ancestors, and that they would vastly upset the spirits. "But what of the healthy?" Keith retorted. While the other Chief's said to pray to the spirits for forgiveness, and eventually the plague will end. Keith shook his head, and sat quietly until the debate was over...

bouFOgm.png

Keith wasn't just going to sit around idly and watch his people fall like flies, he was going to take matters into his own hands.

"To the Nether with the spirits!" he thought to himself, "What've we done to anger them...?"  

And so it began... Keith began to wrangle up the rest of his tribe that was healthy, and most of their possessions, and begin to sail North. Obviously, some of them didn't want to, and believed what Keith was doing was 'turning his back on the spirits'. In the end, it wasn't too many people that decided to come. Very few women, men and their children.

"All the lives that are going to be on this boat tonight, will rest on my shoulders, it's my responsibility to see this voyage ends with all them safe." He thought to himself, it was quite an overwhelming thought

In the cover of night, they put the people on the ship, very few live stock, and they began sailing. But, with them being in such a rush, it's easy to make big mistakes...

Xvvymup.png

Keith stood awake that night, captaining the ship while most of the people slept. It was a quiet, clear night... very quiet but for the sounds of the slumbering ocean tossing and turning, the boat creaking ever-so-slightly, and the faint sound of live-stock every so often. But the peacefulness was about to change real soon... off the horizon, Keith was able to spot dark clouds, approaching very swiftly. And not after long, the ship got caught in a storm. People started to disperse out of their cabins, and arrive on the deck of the ship to see the horrific sight. "IT'S THE SPIRITS! WE TRULY HAVE ANGERED THEM!" a man called in the crowd. Keith tried his best to man the ship with the now roaring crashes of waves, screaming, and panicking live stock. He was slightly frightened, too. But he had to stay strong, and remain calm, as his duty as a Chief. Keith had one of his tribe man the ship, while he had gone to go tie down some of the now loose ropes, and go calm some of the people down. He rushed over to one of the ropes, and began tightening them, and then....- "WHOAH!" Keith was tripped over by a raging boar that was panicking, and he hit the cold deck with a loud THUD. He turned his head to the side, the rain splashing on his cheek, and he could faintly make out a figure coming his wa--

Everything turns to black... He was hit in the head with a rolling barrel...

tjygfRT.png

Keith's vision is all... sandy. He's soar all over but...- he can hear seagulls faintly, and he picks up his head. He feels a sharp pain in his eyes due to the bright light, and he squints, looking down slightly... He's on a beach. "I'm...- I'm not dead?" He thought to himself. After a while of being lazy, he rises to his feet, and brushes himself off. He looks around. There are empty barrels around him, wooden planks and... nothing more. He looks off into the distance and sees what he believes are giant crabs...

Y5eVfOE.png

Keith is trying to find the rest of what's left of his tribe in Athera, if there is any. He begins to adapt to the new area, he wears regular Human clothing, but he still sticks to some of his native roots. And he still speaks his native tongue ( Scroll down for language ) He abbreviated his tribe name down to the "Glo' Gang" to make it sound more... Athera-y.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zt8UrW4.png

Z2e1Djt.png

Since most Orenian settlements don't allow these 'outsiders' into their lands, they're stuck to living in small, settlements, or other camps. The tribe, to make money work around stalls, be farmers, and try to find as much work as they can to live. Others, delve into a life of crime... stealing, and/or selling their left over 'Cactus Green' to 'needy' people. They usually live in poor settlements, and aren't too high up there in social ranking.

vEs3ifz.png

- People of the Sunstrider Tribe, now the Glo' Gang, tend to keep to their native tongue or speech, known as the 'Glo-Lingo'.

- During a council, it's not unusual for a group of the Gang to pass around a pipe full of Cactus Green.

- The people have their own, special kinds of food that to others would seem outlandish. (Find out the food IC'ly)

- They seem to have no love, or hate to any of the races, but seem to have a bit of respect to the Orcs for their way of life and for other reasons.

- After adapting slightly, they seem to wear regular human clothes, with slight native modifications. Such as beads made by their people, extra stitching, feathers, etc.

- These people have their own special kind of architecture, it's very different to regular Orenian buildings, and seems very simple.

- Weaponry is rather simple, but the Tribe seems to be very efficient with range weapons, such as bows and crossbows.

- Most of the culture you can find out IC'ly

m2NTZ2R.png

( Click the spoiler to learn more about the language )

The Glo' Gang's language is very slightly similar to that of Orcish Blahs. Some words are affected, and the rest seem to be altered by certain dialect.

In the language, almost every words that ends with the suffix "-ing", the "g" is silent
E.X.
"Flying" - "Flyin'"
"Helping" - "Helpin'"
"Trying" - "Tryin' / Tryna"

Words:

Ayo' = Greeting, replaces "Hi", "Hello", "Hey" Can also be used as a warning. "Ayo' run!"

Was' = What's (What is) Example: "Ayo' was' good?"

Finna' = Going to

Tryna' = Trying to

Nawh = Disagreement, replaces "No", "Nay, "Negative"

Ye' = Agreement, replaces "Yes", "Yeah", "Yep", "Yup"

Gat = Ranged weapon(s) Example: Bows, crossbows. "Ayo' he gotta' gat!"

Gotta' = Got A

Three Hunna = The Celestial Triumvirate

Flexin' / Stuntin' = Showing off, usually a very pompous act

Coo' = Another kind of agreement Example: "A'ight, ye', that's coo'."

Wit' = With

Wha'gwan? = What's going on?

Dread = Another name for a Chief

LSal5V6.png

Chief: Highest rank, usually wears symbolic clothing and has their hair done up in eccentric fashions. Apart of the council.

Shamans / Advisors: Second highest, they're the Chief's right hand man, they too have their hair done up in odd fashions. Apart of the council.

Villager / Member / Oldin': A respected member, they usually can have their own homes within the settlement etc.

Youngin': Lowest rank, new. Nothing special

3K3CRag.png

((While I understand this may be a roleplay thread and what not, I am going to make this very VERY clear. This is a MEDIEVAL Roleplay Server. This means that anything that you create MUST BE BASED ON MEDIEVAL LIFE. If you would like to make this Lore it's own proper culture, firstly you should make it so that it is strictly medieval based. From what I have seen of the roleplay of this group, it has become something resembling a modern London gang. That is not right. Swearing every since sentence is ALSO inappropriate. We may allow some swearing, but excessive swearing like the kind I have just seen is not right. Should any member of the staff come across another encounter with this group that seems much MUCH more modern than it should be, there will be consequences. Just so you are aware, this includes the IC name of "Glo' Gang" as the word gang did not come to mean anything of the sort until late renaissance. Keep it Medieval people, or your group will be removed.))

(( At first, I understood this would be seen as a trolly thing. And I made it for a day, RP'ed it for two days, and I just recently PK'ed my character within this group. Honestly, I regulated everything and make it proper, all it took was one bad egg out of the bunch (slimshotter258) to abuse this. Cut him some slack though, he's a rather new player. But I do understand, but I am not RP'ing this further. ))

((While I understand this may be a roleplay thread and what not, I am going to make this very VERY clear. This is a MEDIEVAL Roleplay Server. This means that anything that you create MUST BE BASED ON MEDIEVAL LIFE. If you would like to make this Lore it's own proper culture, firstly you should make it so that it is strictly medieval based. From what I have seen of the roleplay of this group, it has become something resembling a modern London gang. That is not right. Swearing every since sentence is ALSO inappropriate. We may allow some swearing, but excessive swearing like the kind I have just seen is not right. Should any member of the staff come across another encounter with this group that seems much MUCH more modern than it should be, there will be consequences. Just so you are aware, this includes the IC name of "Glo' Gang" as the word gang did not come to mean anything of the sort until late renaissance. Keep it Medieval people, or your group will be removed.))

((I'm not sure if this is actually a staff decision (which would be highly ill advised and very poorly thought out) or just your own personal opinion, but either way I believe that your post is wrong. This server is not and has never been a medieval role play server. It is a fantasy server. People have been wearing suits and ties since Aegis. People speak with modern english, because they are comfortable with it, and have been doing so since Aegis. If someone wishes to create a Victorian esque 'gang' and call it a gang, they can. You or any of the staff would be very ignorant to suddenly crack down on this. 

Just because Oren has become a huge power house and enforces pure medieval roleplay on their members, that is not what this server is. A group should not be threatened because they do not adhere to Orenian standard. While I appreciate Oren for what they are, they are not everyone, and their standard is not a rule. I myself have ran a Victorian gang and was quite successful with it for many months. Do not inhibit someones role play because it is not 'medieval'. As long as he is not breaking into modern (or anywhere near modern) technology then there should be no problem.))

((I'm not sure if this is actually a staff decision (which would be highly ill advised and very poorly thought out) or just your own personal opinion, but either way I believe that your post is wrong. This server is not and has never been a medieval role play server. It is a fantasy server. People have been wearing suits and ties since Aegis. People speak with modern english, because they are comfortable with it, and have been doing so since Aegis. If someone wishes to create a Victorian esque 'gang' and call it a gang, they can. You or any of the staff would be very ignorant to suddenly crack down on this. 

Just because Oren has become a huge power house and enforces pure medieval roleplay on their members, that is not what this server is. A group should not be threatened because they do not adhere to Orenian standard. While I appreciate Oren for what they are, they are not everyone, and their standard is not a rule. I myself have ran a Victorian gang and was quite successful with it for many months. Do not inhibit someones role play because it is not 'medieval'. As long as he is not breaking into modern (or anywhere near modern) technology then there should be no problem.))

((This is an amazing brick of text, and very true. But that's not the problem. One of the members has been acting very trolly, thus giving this group/faction/whatever a bad reputation, having staff to speak with us. Thank you for the support though.))

((This is an amazing brick of text, and very true. But that's not the problem. One of the members has been acting very trolly, thus giving this group/faction/whatever a bad reputation, having staff to speak with us. Thank you for the support though.))

((I'm not aware of your group or what you did. I'm speaking for the server in general. I wont let it go down a path like that. I'm old enough to know that groups like this have existed since Aegis and it shouldn't be limited. Breaking rules is one thing, but this server is not a pure 'medieval' server. It is and always has been a fantasy server.))

((Uhm, chickachu. We arent a medieval roleplay server. There have been gangs in Oren since Anthos and before lol, have you ever heard of the Hatter  The White Tiger gang war, or the Flay gang war?

((Uhm, chickachu. We arent a medieval roleplay server. There have been gangs in Oren since Anthos and before lol, have you ever heard of the Hatter  The White Tiger gang war, or the Flay gang war?

(( A lot of people are bringing up that fact! ))

((Not to mention the halfling mafia - a group of midgets who ran around in suit and ties re-enacting the bloody Godfather - who were far more modern and silly than this. 

We're all here to have fun, and cracking down on someone's roleplay because you don't like it isn't fun, so let's just not do that, hmm? :) ))

((Please keep in mind that the Guild Forum is still an RP forum, don't post excessive OOC.))

This guild has been deemed inactive and has been clarified to be so by the OP. 

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.