A Guide To Roleplay Skins!

YFKTF

Description:

So many of you new players have probably spent hours finding your skin, but soon find someone else with your same exact one!

For example, this is a very common Elven skin I have found:

0e71a9fdd5864a8b8c4602c92a2285af.png

While yes, this skin will get you accepted into our community, is it really you or unique?

A few ways to get your unique skin:

1. Make one! If you're good at skinning, find a reference picture and build off of that!
  2. There is TONS of talent already here on Lord of the Craft. Look around the forums and I'm sure you'll find a skin shop. Here's a few that are currently active:

- Saint Pat's Skin Shop!

- Skin shop of Jade and Leetles!

- Wandering Skinners!

- ~ Jade ~ (Offers free skins to newbies!)

Of course you'll have to save up a bit of coin, though it is truly worth it!

3. Search specific keywords in Planetminecraft, or other skin sites. I find Planetminecraft to be the             most unique, as they have a massive community of skinners. 

Keywords to use while searching:

For Dwarves:

-Nord

- Dwarf

For Elves:

You can actually be very specific on your sub-race, so I would suggest searching simply your Elf's           subrace.

For Humans:

- RPG

- Roleplay

- Human

For Halflings:

- Hobbit

- Halfling

For Orcs:

-..... Orc

You may have to use a variety of these keywords mashed together, though they are typically                 easy to find.

Do's Of getting a skin:

Do, make sure that this tag isn't under the post:

3e74ce3eab45cc668b8228efb42ebbe7.png

You can still use these skins, though it is likely someone on the server already uses it.

Do, make sure its unique, and very unlikely to be used already!

Do, make the skin to fit your character's personality and looks!

Don'ts of getting a Skin:

Don't, use a modern day skin. Example:

b5b3f104a0e93af482d2f23c295393e4.png

3a6e75d025125957aff92305c68370a5.png

Don't, steal someone's skin that is already on the server! That's mean :c.

Exceptional Skin Examples:

abe6560da418b5f1f7205c26c974b4ed.png

366c30d451590da5cef4081cd012a1a7.png

Skin by Birdwhisperer.

d579219a1e375588aab57df0d9a30f36.png

e269c8ed94e5b74c6175718e87687ac6.png

Skin by Triplewing.

Note to skinners! If I used one of your skins as an example, please comment which one is yours so I may give you credit!

The last skin in that list is Triplewing's. I remember seeing him use it.

Thank you! Credits added. 

a good place to send new players is Here

Also I do not charge new players (need leets to fix the post)

I will skin anyone applying to the server or still a newbie (less than a month on) for free

Sadly I am only good with female skins

a good place to send new players is Here

Also I do not charge new players (need leets to fix the post)

I will skin anyone applying to the server or still a newbie (less than a month on) for free

Sadly I am only good with female skins

Added the Wandering Skinners thingy, also added a link to your profile if you don't mind.

dont mind at all ^^

The second example skin (male wood elf) is one of mine! Also, I wouldn't say that you can't use skins tagged with LotC. Some of my skins on PMC are for specific people, but some are just generic skins I put up there so other people can use. I indicate which ones are already in use on the page.

The second example skin (male wood elf) is one of mine! Also, I wouldn't say that you can't use skins tagged with LotC. Some of my skins on PMC are for specific people, but some are just generic skins I put up there so other people can use. I indicate which ones are already in use on the page.

Added credit! Also edited the tag thingy.

Good post, and any newbies are free to click my PMC link in my signature and look through the skins.  Most of them are generic or no longer used, just don't use any names of specific characters on there, those are all names of characters on LotC.

With a little tweaking they can be made to suit a variety of unique characters, I don't mind people using my skins as a base model if they want.  I've got over 200 skins posted and no time to make new ones now I'm afraid, but if any of them help a newbie, good!~