Conclave of Magi

OOC

Minecraft Username: JamesG6

Please write a small portion of RP depicting you using magic of your choice, this should be done as if it were an emote and not include internal though processes:  *Mariane'a Closes her eyes connecting to the void, she concentrates hard on the image droplets of water,  she then images the droplets infront of her and then a few moments later, two droplets of water appear  and they fall to the grown hitting the dirt in sequence 

IC

Name: Mariane'a 

Race: Human

Known Magic: None yet

Are you capable of teaching this magic: 

not yet i suppose

---------

OOC

Minecraft Username: JamesG6

Please write a small portion of RP depicting you using magic of your choice, this should be done as if it were an emote and not include internal though processes:  *Mariane'a Closes her eyes connecting to the void, she concentrates hard on the image droplets of water,  she then images the droplets infront of her and then a few moments later, two droplets of water appear  and they fall to the grown hitting the dirt in sequence 

IC

Name: Mariane'a 

Known Magic: None yet

Are you capable of teaching this magic: 

not yet i suppose

---------

I must apologize on behalf of the Mages Guild, however you're being denied for the time being. I implore you to apply once more in the coming months.

OOC

Minecraft Username: shimmeringbliss

Please write a small portion of RP depicting you using magic of your choice, this should be done as if it were an emote and not include internal though processes: 

*Siri closes her eyes, letting the darkness consume her mind. 

((As she is still somewhat new to this, rolls above 15 connects))

((Under 15)) Siri frowns in displeasure, her thoughts starting to stray

((Above 15)) [!] Darkness, my old friend.....

[!] With a lithe step, she walks across the onyx path, stars blooming into existence before her.

[!] There is a goal here, as she stops before a small red star. She closes her palms around it.

Siri's hands start to glow,  beckoning the light to build a static image of a simple poppy.

IC

Name: Siri

Race: Mali

Known Magic: Simple Illusionary

Are you capable of teaching this magic: No

((To all those applying, I suggest reading this! It'll raise your chances for being accepted!!!))

((To notify all aspiring mages. As I've seen this is a trend, it's an issue with current magic Rp.

I've noticed many of you doing something which is called "thought emoting". "Thought emotion" would be the action of emoting something which isn't able to be seen, or noted by anyone other then your own character. For example: Kalameet closes his eyes, the blackness of the Void overtaking his senses. Or: Kalameet begins to focus, imagining the fire within the Void, slowly pulling it from the darkness into the real realm.

The thing is, no one can notably see this in Rp, and is relatively pointless to actually Rp. This is why the "Tell" was made for magic Rpers. It's the act of using a noticeable action Icly to convey you've connected to the Void, and beginning to cast magic. This could be from a notable twitch of your lip, dilation of your eyes, wiggle of the fingers, or even glowing eyes. Something which is capable of being seen, as to be fair. For an example of this: Kalameet would narrow his eyes, promptly his eyes pulsate a sickening ebony hue. The ebony color would pulsate for a few moments, suddenly a blaze of fire forming in his hand. As you can see, that was far more natural, pleasant looking, and involves all parties in the Rp.

So now you know! Now you can choose your very own unique magic tell! I hope this helped you all with your application, and magical Rp example. (: ))

I have applied on another character and was supposed to do an interview, i have been trying to come into contact with you Kalameet, am I still denied from that interview may I ask?

OOC

Minecraft Username: Wendigo22793

Please write a small portion of RP depicting you using magic of your choice, this should be done as if it were an emote and not include internal thought processes:

*Riondil Seni is breathing hard, sweat dripping from his brow as he reaches the peak of a mountain top. 

*Riondil Seni takes his shirt off and stands still, his eyes glaze over as his breathing slows.

[!] The grass around Riondil suddenly starts to shift around chaotically his shirt flying from the mountain top falling into the distance, his eyes still glazed over.

*Riondil Seni suddenly closes his eye and sags, falling backwards onto his back breathing hard as the grass around him stills.

*Riondil Seni opens his eyes slowly and looks side to side "Not again..." he says as he closes his eyes and falls asleep.

IC

Name: Riondil Seni

Race:  Elvish ((Parents unknown))

Known Magic: Dabbling in the art of Air Evocation

Are you capable of teaching this magic:  *Riondil Seni shakes his head "No, but I always love teaching people new things."

Guild Announcement

The Guild has been extremely pleased with the return of various Apprentices over the past few days.

We are also pleased to welcome two new Apprentices to our ranks!

Saren [giuseppe05]

&

Cyrus Taeleh'aeth [sentlit]

We look forward to your time with us in the Guild and hope you take advantage of all we have to offer!

Also, an opening feast or banquet is planned for the return of Apprentices and staff members alike, keep your eyes peeled for further notices!

That is all, have a splendid day.

-The Archmages

OOC

Minecraft Username: Wendigo22793

Please write a small portion of RP depicting you using magic of your choice, this should be done as if it were an emote and not include internal thought processes:

*Riondil Seni is breathing hard, sweat dripping from his brow as he reaches the peak of a mountain top. 

*Riondil Seni takes his shirt off and stands still, his eyes glaze over as his breathing slows.

[!] The grass around Riondil suddenly starts to shift around chaotically his shirt flying from the mountain top falling into the distance, his eyes still glazed over.

*Riondil Seni suddenly closes his eye and sags, falling backwards onto his back breathing hard as the grass around him stills.

*Riondil Seni opens his eyes slowly and looks side to side "Not again..." he says as he closes his eyes and falls asleep.

IC

Name: Riondil Seni

Race:  Elvish ((Parents unknown))

Known Magic: Dabbling in the art of Air Evocation

Are you capable of teaching this magic:  *Riondil Seni shakes his head "No, but I always love teaching people new things."

A bird would find it's way back to Riondil with a letter bearing the seal of the Mage's Guild.

z894ncV.png

Dear Riondil,

We thank you for your application and are pleased to invite you to the Guild for an interview. If this interview does not occur within a week, then you will be regarded as a member of the guild. You will be sent the location via bird and we eagerly await your presence.

Have a splendid day.

- The Archmages

(( I apologize about missing your application, could you perhaps read through Kalameet's post above and then redo your small section of RP? Perhaps add some more complexity to it, this should fully show your ability to cast magic." ))

Fourt glances at the application form as he strolls near the tower. He picks one up and reads over it. As he reads over the section fogged by the mists of the fourth wall requiring one to describe one's casting, he shakes his head in disbelief, wondering why the Guild stands by such... archaic practices such as fourth wall based applications and "RP tests".

He places the form back into its container and continues on his way, a thought forming in his head. If the Mages Guild continues to turn down students via fourth wall scrying, perhaps there is a market for a competitor institution?

Guest Guest

I have applied on another character and was supposed to do an interview, i have been trying to come into contact with you Kalameet, am I still denied from that interview may I ask?

((I'm Kalameet's superior, I will make sure he accepts you.))

Kardel rubs one of the forks in his beard. He adjusts his glasses, looking at the part about no personal gain. "Wus nae Vallel end da guild? Iv she did nae use 'er pouers fer personal gain ah dunno w'o does! Maybe sey 'ave changed. Too muc' malarkey fer auld Kardel."

Key lazily rubs the back of his neck. "Gah... More mages? When did we become so.... Numerous.." He rolls his eyes and struts off with a purpose.

OOC:

Minecraft Username: D3lve/TechnoMack. Though, D3lve is my main.

Roleplay example:

Within a breif moment Key's hand is suddenly raised in front of him. As his concentration easily comes to him, his ears but only flick a few times, his golden eyes dialating. He stands poised there, one hand jutted firmly out in front of him. Within a few moments an eruption of jet black smoke erupts from the center of his palm, a soft hissing yet laughing surrounding the black smoke. The small feeling of fear begins to effect the two armored men in front of him before it suddenly becomes amplified, a sharp jolt of pain screeching through their chests as the black smoke wraps around them. At this point Key's brow is laced with beads of sweat, though due to his high tiered level of understanding for Illusion Magic he seems to handle it well. Within just a few moments the men would be screaming, before Key snaps his arm back to his side, all pain vanishing with the smoke.

IC:

Name: Key.

Known Magic: Illusion, Mental Magic, Beginner's Pyromancy.

Are you capable of teaching this tree of magic: Of course I am, don't be daft. Ninety years of study is but a wink of an eye in the life of a Mali'Aheral. ((OOC Note: I have played two characters before this one whom have used Illusion magic, It is my specialty at this point.)

OOC
Minecraft Username: Minercraft901
Please write a small portion of RP depicting you using magic of your choice, this should be done as if it were an emote and not include internal though processes: 

Adam Raynal sits there inside a library recovering his notes and remembering from his last lessons
After severall hours he stands up and goes some where to train.
When he finally reaches his destination he relaxes and focus on what he has learned.
Standing there he forgets everything in his mind while holding his hand in front of him.
As he clears his head of all thoughts he thinks of one thing a large crash, then the image of blue lightning shoots around in his mind. 
He slowly stands there for what feels like forever with his hand out focusing only on the idea of lightning and as he stands there he charges all of his will through his palm in hopes of some reaction. 
Slowly a spark emits from his hand which then branches off a wild bolt which strike a nearby tree only ripping off a little bark.
After such a small burst of energy of lightning taking up a whole bunch of his own strength he sits down sweating exhausted.

IC
Name: Adam Raynal
Known Magic: None that he knows how to perform.
Are you capable of teaching this magic: No