Arcane Prosthetics - An Extension Of Arcane Puppetry

hex37

when i read 'arcane prosthetics' i thought this was some lore as an excuse to have your boobs bigger by using magic, hex.

Mana gems are required to reliably fuel an enchantment with mana.

http://gyazo.com/423b485373b63e0b83770a9a3f9d6624

Without a mana gem, the enchantment would fade. This is from the Guide Jistuma was present for, so it seems he's forgetting the Lore.

Sometimes you need batteries to play with fancy toys. I suggest adding the addition of mana gems. Overall, I thought someone would have invented automail by now. Clearly this isn't automail of course, as it's not metal. But it looks neat.

when i read 'arcane prosthetics' i thought this was some lore as an excuse to have your boobs bigger by using magic, hex.

I can't even.

What's stopping people from shoving, like, 6 prosthetic arms and wielding a katana on each arm?

Without a mana gem, the enchantment would fade. This is from the Guide Jistuma was present for, so it seems he's forgetting the Lore.

Hey, don't say I'm wrong, I said it wasn't needed, I didn't say that the enchantment wouldn't fade extremelly quickly. You can make an enchantment without use of mana gems, but that doesn't mean it will be anything mediocre, it will be bad. It's still possible thought.

What's stopping people from shoving, like, 6 prosthetic arms and wielding a katana on each arm?

If you read you'd know why- you have to sacrifice use of an arm to get use of a new one.

Sometimes you need batteries to play with fancy toys. I suggest adding the addition of mana gems. Overall, I thought someone would have invented automail by now. Clearly this isn't automail of course, as it's not metal. But it looks neat.

I've already stated why it doesn't need mana gems- It is powered by a direct connection to the soul of another, with soul puppetry. The enchantment is constantly powered- quite literally, people /become/ the mana gem.

Pretty sure this is the Runesmith's thing.

:determined:

Hex has already answered that question many times and is sick to answering it. To my thoughts on that.

Though in my eyes it is not similar to the runic armsmiths.

Runesmithers(Armsmiths) can provide arms which can give good boosts... Hey look I got an arm made of steel! Lets use it as a hammer! 

While in this it is pretty much nothing stronger then what your body is, or less. So maybe a wooden arm... You sacrifice the usage of your actual living arm for a dead stale wood arm.

^To my understanding. So this addition makes it a weaker addition to what the dwarves do with manipulation of your own soul to attach to the puppet to make a prosthetic extension.

Also to the comment made "Why not have 8 arms with katana's?" Do you have eight arms to sacrifice? No.

YES YES YES! No more random people who have 'enchanted prosthetic limbs' and no real reason as to why. This will lead to interesting RP, when the amputee has to look for an Arcane Puppeteer to actually make them a replacement limb! Take my +1!

They have reasons why. Don't act like people just make things up in RP. I know multiple characters who've gone long IC surgery to have a limb that moves. 

They have reasons why. Don't act like people just make things up in RP. I know multiple characters who've gone long IC surgery to have a limb that moves. 

Please don't take offense by what I've said. I was just exited and was exaggerating. I didn't mean to rustle your jimmies :) 

The people always had the option of approaching the dwarves. And for reference, we cannot give you a superior runic arm, mech standard which is still in effect dictates that.

As such, I oppose this completely. This will be power gamed and I have no reservation someone will just modify their bodies to do shoot darts out their arms covered in Cyanide or something to that affect. The dwarves thoroughly maintain we can't create you more than a arm, physically modifying it means it breaks, adding enchantments means it breaks, blatantly abusing it by wrapping with fire and trying to death touch people will break it.

"Oh the magic doesn't let them do that." And then you apply a switch or telekinesis and it does allow them to have arm mounted coil crossbows/dartlaunchers/katanacannons/throwingknifeshuriken/teasets.

This again, is a runesmiths thing, I have already covered the fact that if you want a fake arm you may have one just come chat us up and show us your broken arm and we will be all like. "We can't leave Yemekars creation broken!"