G.r.s Endeavour: The Last Ship

AndrewTech

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Background

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

2014-09-05_17.31.05.png?dl=0

The Endeavour in Anthos (Some Refits May Apply)

[[PLEASE READ ALL THE SPOILERS]]

Once, many years ago, there was an island nation known simply as The Republic of Gallmore.

Gallmore wasn’t anything special at first glance, a simple vassal state of the Dwarves and the Adunians. But their technology was advanced; their scientific achievements were beyond compare.

As the island thrived, Proconsul Mandru VonSchlichten commissioned a society of explorers, known as The Seafleet Corps.

Seafleet served as the Navy of Gallmore for many years, unrivaled in naval prowess and scientific application, in their numbers and ingenuity; until the eventual collapse of Gallmore.

A few brave Gallmorian officers decided that, rather than exploring the Fringe, they would stay behind to explore the rest of the flooded world. For their greenhouse technology helped to supply them with enough food for their travels, in addition to the practice of stopping at unflooded islands to gather supplies.

But even with all their ingenuity, ships inevitably began to sink. G.R.S Voyager was lost shortly after the destruction of Anthos to a great storm. G.R.S Defiant and G.R.S Spirit of Akheron were lost to hostile pirates.

Finally, there was but one ship left: G.R.S Endeavour, the pride of the Gallmorian fleet. Their steam-powered cruiser.

One day, the crew of the Endeavour discovered a strange sight in the distance… it was a mist, glimmering with Arcane Energy. As the ship sailed into the fog, they were transported into another world. Or so is said. Others claim that they simply carried the vital parts of the Endeavour into the new dimension along with the inhabitants of Anthos. Whatever the case, the G.R.S Endeavour was now off the coast of Thales.

In their travels, they found a single woman… a simple wood elf by the name of Pandora, an adopted member of the Proconsul’s family. Taking her in, they trained her in the protocols of Seafleet. They taught her the secrets of Gallmorian technology, and she was made an officer.

But alas, during the voyage to Athera, a great enemy attacked the Endeavour, the archenemy of Gallmore: The Darkness.

The crew fought valliantly, but failed in the defense. All were slaughtered aboard, and the ship was set adrift; it ran aground off the southern coast of Athera, heavily damaged.

Yet there was one survivor…

Pandora had fallen overboard. Saved by the Scions of the Fourth Era, stationed in Avalon, she eventually made her way to the wreck of the Endeavour.

With the help of “David LaForge” and the Alchemist Varstivus, she set to work on repairing the ship.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Note from Captain Pandora:

The Endeavour is devoted to performing it’s original mission: exploring and adventuring through strange new islands and locations, and keeping the peace of the seas against the Pirate Scum.

We’re currently in need of crew members of many different skill sets, however, to operate the ship and assist in our travels… Though it isn’t fully repaired yet
((Aka: MCly rebuilt)), we are well on our way to becoming seaworthy again.

At this point, though, I deem that it would be prudent to begin to recruit new members. You DO NOT need to be a full-time crewmember of this fine ship; I understand that the periods between battling pirates, reviewing expidition findings, and performing other Endeavour tasks can be quite dull; rather, you may also be a part-time member.

While sailing or on Endeavour business

, you are required to wear your uniform. However, while off-duty, you are not held to such restrictions.

In the future, we may also get a land outpost to base our more bulky scientific and engineering experiments, as well as provide a place to stretch our legs.

Though men and women of all races will be treated equally aboard the Endeavour, we will have a heiarchy that goes as follows:

HIERARCHY

Captain-- Pandora Langua-VonS.

The Captain is, obviously, the Captain of the Endeavour. She is to care for her crew and ship and lead them on their various expeditions, as well as issue them orders whilst on them.

First Officer-- Varstivus

The First officer is the Captain’s right-hand man/woman. A trusted member of the crew, the First Officer helps the Captain execute her tasks about the ship; in the event that the Captain is incapacitated or otherwise is unable to command the ship, the First Officer will take over.

Lieutenants-- [To be Added]

Lieutenants are the next in line on the chain of command. There may be a maxiumum of three lieutenants aboard the ship: a Weapons Lieutenant, a Science/Magi Lieutenant, and a Medical Lieutenant. They may manage Crewmen and Crewomen below them.

Crewman 1st Class-- [To be Added]

Crewman 1st Class is simply a distinguished mark for a Crewman; this means that they have proven themselves a distinguished member of the Endeavour’s crew

Crewman-- [To be Added]

Crewmen make up the backbone of the crew, performing tasks under their respective branches.

We also have a list of three simple rules that we follow:
--Evil activities will lead to expulsion.

--Superiors will be respected and obeyed, so long as their orders are reasonable.

--The laws of whatever nation we're docked in are to be respected whilst in that same nation.

The application to join the crew of the G.R.S Endeavour lies below. Please send it off to me if you wish to join; if accepted, I shall send you a letter and a uniform.

APPLICATION

~OOC~

MC Name:
Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public):

How long have you been on LotC?:

~RP~

Name:
Race:
Skills:
Reasons for Joining:
A Bit About Yourself:

UNIFORMS

Crewman's Uniform w/ Hat:

ckgv.png

Crewman's Uniform Without Hat:

gnj.png

Leiutenaunt's Uniform w/ Hat:

npgx.png

Leiutenaunt's Uniform Without Hat:

wrr.png

Pax Gallmoria, and good evening.

MC Name:
Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public): faolan.ros

How long have you been on LotC?: ...2 years?

~RP~

Name: Charles Napier
Race: Human
Skills: Science.
Reasons for Joining: Naval history, eye for research.
A Bit About Yourself: Classified, unfortunately.

MC Name:
Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public): faolan.ros

How long have you been on LotC?: ...2 years?

~RP~

Name: Charles Napier
Race: Human
Skills: Science.
Reasons for Joining: Naval history, eye for research.
A Bit About Yourself: Classified, unfortunately.

Pandora frowns at the poorly written app, but sighs. She sends a letter of acceptance to Charles. However, it also reads:

"To make sure you're not an imposter, we may have to meet somewhere for me to confirm that you're legit. Please contact me."

~OOC~

MC Name: Hellsbane
Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public): will.houlton

How long have you been on LotC?: About 2 years-ish.

~RP~

Name: Kailon Grandaxe
Race: Forest/Mountain Dwarf
Skills:

Carpentry, Hunter, Marksman, Can cook a mean shroom stew.
Reasons for Joining: Interested in Balistics & Shipwrighting.

Also would love re-discovering our ancestors lost technologies.

A Bit About Yourself: 

I be a Moun'ain Dwarf by name, but me roots (nae pun intended) be from seperate backgrounds. Me mother were actually a Fores' dwarf, so I 'ave teh blood o' both in me veins.

I've been interestin in getting teh know teh forests rund meh, so I spend alot of meh time lumberin', Huntin', collectin' shrooms and teh like. Me number wun interest 'as got teh beh explorin though. Back in me days of Asulon when I were jus' a beardlin, I'd be gettin' in teh all sorts o' trouble skulkin' arund ruins I should nae er gone intu. But it nae stopped meh. Now we've been graced with teh lands of our ancesters. Wot could they 'ave left their descendants to re-discover eh? I fer wun would like teh know.

Im also a good stew maker. Shroom stew be me best. Gainin' a pet wolf be a goal too. An' I suppose-

*Kailon begins to list off menial things like a christmas list*

~OOC~

MC Name: Hellsbane
Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public): will.houlton

How long have you been on LotC?: About 2 years-ish.

~RP~

Name: Kailon Grandaxe
Race: Forest/Mountain Dwarf
Skills:

Carpentry, Hunter, Marksman, Can cook a mean shroom stew.
Reasons for Joining: Interested in Balistics & Shipwrighting.

Also would love re-discovering our ancestors lost technologies.

A Bit About Yourself: 

I be a Moun'ain Dwarf by name, but me roots (nae pun intended) be from seperate backgrounds. Me mother were actually a Fores' dwarf, so I 'ave teh blood o' both in me veins.

I've been interestin in getting teh know teh forests rund meh, so I spend alot of meh time lumberin', Huntin', collectin' shrooms and teh like. Me number wun interest 'as got teh beh explorin though. Back in me days of Asulon when I were jus' a beardlin, I'd be gettin' in teh all sorts o' trouble skulkin' arund ruins I should nae er gone intu. But it nae stopped meh. Now we've been graced with teh lands of our ancesters. Wot could they 'ave left their descendants to re-discover eh? I fer wun would like teh know.

Im also a good stew maker. Shroom stew be me best. Gainin' a pet wolf be a goal too. An' I suppose-

*Kailon begins to list off menial things like a christmas list*

Captain Pandora giggles as she reads the eccentric dwarf's application. She writes a letter of acceptance to him, and sends it off.

The now long gone Harrison Geminine wanders around the world in his ghostly spirit, light shimmering through is translucent body. He notices the flyer shaking his head, muttering something under his breath. 

~OOC~

MC Name: booklight12
Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public): booklight12

How long have you been on LotC?: about a year

~RP~

Name: Beranabus Seregon
Race: High elven
Skills: Eh. Good medic. Scholar. Dancer.. Aswell, as ballistics and ship defenses expert.
Reasons for Joining: I would like to assist in the construction of the ship with my many years of sailing in my youth, I have a fine degree of knowledge of ships. Aswell, I would greatly enjoy exploring and reviewing the findings that are discovered on expeditions.

A Bit About Yourself:

I would prefer keeping this knowledge to myself for now. T'is a personal information that many folk would prefer not to expose if you do not mind.

Ps: I am also a great cook.

~OOC~

MC Name: booklight12Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public): booklight12

How long have you been on LotC?: about a year

~RP~

Name: Beranabus SeregonAge: I am unsure.Gender: MaleRace: High elvenSkills: Eh. Good medic. Scholar. Dancer.. Aswell, as ballistics and ship defenses expert.Reasons for Joining: I would like to assist in the construction of the ship with my many years of sailing in my youth, I have a fine degree of knowledge of ships. Aswell, I would greatly enjoy exploring and reviewing the findings that are discovered on expeditions.

A Bit About Yourself:

I would prefer keeping this knowledge to myself for now. T'is a personal information that many folk would prefer not to expose if you do not mind.

Ps: I am also a great cook.

Captain Pandora slowly nods to herself as she sends a letter of acceptance to Beranabus. It reads:

"Accepted. Still working on obtaining a land outpost and docking area. After that, we'll begin a total retrofit of the Endeavour. If you are Truely a proficient shipbuilder, perhaps you can help First Officer Varstivus in the task. Especially with the interior and bridge controls.

Also, we'll be having a shakedown of Gallmorian technology and ship operations after the outpost and ship are constructed. It's a tedious task, getting the land to do so, but we shall succeed. --Capt. Pandora Langua-VonS."

~OOC~

MC Name:birdnerdy

Skype Name (PM to me if not comfortable saying in public): I'll pm you.

How long have you been on LotC?: About a week.

~RP~

Name: Ecthallion Att'riades

Race: Wood Elf

Skills: I am a skilled marksman and swordsman. I have some knowledge of geology, and am a talented harp player.

Reasons for Joining: Since was a boy I have dreamed of exploring the unknown and seeing new places. I love the sea, and I have had some ventures on small craft but never any the size of the Endeavor.

A Bit About Yourself: I have lived in a small town I'm the kingdom of Oren and trained as a ranger, and might have other obligations other than exploration, but manning the Endeavor would be my highest priority.

~OOC~

MC Name:Mr_juicebox
Skype Name: I will pm you it once accepted

How long have you been on LotC?: I have been whitelisted since august 19th but have only

really played for about 2 weeks or so.

~RP~

Name: Leonardo Grey
Race: Human-Easterner
Skills: I am an excellent swordsman and a fisherman, I can cook but have little to no experience.

Reasons for Joining: I come from a clan that had once been seafaring warriors.  I wishes to breath life into my clan's history, and discover the glory of sailing the sea.  I also finds the prospect of fighting off pirates intriguing.

A Bit About Yourself:  I come from clan Grey, a mighty clan of samurai.  I feel the most important thing in this life is honor, and respect.  I am a hard worker and very agile, and am very respectful to most people.  I am intrigued about alchemy and magics but have never looked into such a thing.  I feel I would be of use to your crew if you would have me.