[Playable Creature/curse Lore] Seekers Of Desires

Jistuma

Jist, honeyboo, love you, but this lore just seems a tad out of left field, shouldn't a whole new magic need to be less arbitrary? Otherwise you’d have to accept everyone’s eccentric magic proposals. Don’t get me wrong, I love the simplified premise of a fiendish creature created to tirelessly pursue one specified life task, but perhaps as a whole it would be better suited refined, and potentially reworked to build off of current magic lore? So we’re not adding new, unnecessary magic types to an already chaotic magic system. That’s just my personal opinion at least, I hope i'm making sense, good luck all the same~ 

2 questions on things that the lore doesn't seem to talk about-

1: What's the RP reasoning for people who OOCly deny becoming a Seeker? Do they just have the Willpower?

2: How does the curse negate Iblees's curse of aging?

This concept seems a bit... foreign to the server's lore setting. To be honest, it gives off some anime vibes. Why introduce this kind of thing into the server when there's already similarities to it? Gravens and ghouls are alike this in some aspects.

Would that be possible to create a impossible task, because I feel if you word it correctly you can basically force a character into a situation where they then go into a task they can never complete?

And what fuels the regenerative abilities of the creature, the curser in question?

There would be possible to create an impossible task, but the curse has a timeline, feeding on the power of the lifeforce that was took from the living being that was killed before. So they could try and give a neverending task, but after a while the curse would end. The regeneration would be fueled by the lifeforce as well.

Jist, honeyboo, love you, but this lore just seems a tad out of left field, shouldn't a whole new magic need to be less arbitrary? Otherwise you’d have to accept everyone’s eccentric magic proposals. Don’t get me wrong, I love the simplified premise of a fiendish creature created to tirelessly pursue one specified life task, but perhaps as a whole it would be better suited refined, and potentially reworked to build off of current magic lore? So we’re not adding new, unnecessary magic types to an already chaotic magic system. That’s just my personal opinion at least, I hope i'm making sense, good luck all the same~ 

I actually tried to make it part of an existing magic type in the server, though if you don't know, there's about... 2 ritualistic magics in LOTC in lore, contract magic, and Soul puppetry. There is something else thought, which is Ikuras, I would actually like to use him as the one to give out the powers and knowledge for this, but I don't know if that will happen.

2 questions on things that the lore doesn't seem to talk about-

1: What's the RP reasoning for people who OOCly deny becoming a Seeker? Do they just have the Willpower?

2: How does the curse negate Iblees's curse of aging?

1. No, no Willpower is too great, something in the cursing just goes wrong, and doesn't work (leading to the person getting stabbed and dying) or the body wasn't able to take the curse and dies.

2. I should remove the unaging part... it makes no sense.

This concept seems a bit... foreign to the server's lore setting. To be honest, it gives off some anime vibes. Why introduce this kind of thing into the server when there's already similarities to it? Gravens and ghouls are alike this in some aspects.

There is nothing similar to this in LOTC. Gravens have a long task that is mostly impossible to complete, they are also dead and ghosts. Ghouls do not have tasks, they only exist because necromancers keel them in a limbo where they have to get more lifeforce to keep staying in that limbo. They are also dead.

The seekers are:

1. Not dead, the curse ends and they are alive and remember being controlled

2. Have (for the most part) doable tasks, or else their use would be useless, and they would only sort of travel around doing nothing.

3. Are Immortal, something that both the ghouls and Gravens also never are. Just that this immortality is temporary.

If you get the "Seeker" of hearing, could you send them on a task to 'hear fire'. If so they go off and try to 'hear fire' though if they cannot find 'fire' is it possible they can get a match and start their own 'fire' to hear?

It really depends on how the person was originally, if they were someone who adored flames and started them often yes they most likely would. However there is no telling where the flame would be started, shoot they most likely would just walk into a tavern to hear a fireplace. The vagueness with this curse is its main weakness for that reason.

Using the example as above. When they 'hear' this fire, the curse breaks. They loose the immortality and then the body turns back to normal?

Using the example as above. When they 'hear' this fire, the curse breaks. They loose the immortality and then the body turns back to normal?

Yes, that's what happens, the task is complete and the curse ends, the body returning to normalcy