What's The Deal With Orcish Height?

Swgrclan

If it wasn't a big deal, the idea wouldn't be harped on. I just threw the thread out there, expectant of a conclusion from staff and a polite discussion - try not to exaggerate how much a problem this suggestion is than it already is. This thread will remain until answered.

The wiki page has been edited.

Orcs of the most common bloodline, vary from sandy to brown-gray and Green in color, with hair almost exclusively dark brown or Black. Their size and musculature set them apart from all other races of Anthos, sometimes considered giants, ranging from seven to nine feet. Uruks have long been thought to be utterly dull of wit, although this is largely due to foreign ignorance of the orcish culture. Their strong bloodline is highly valued in combat, and so many are thrust into the warrior culture at an early age, forcing them to take on a practical, no-nonsense approach to their daily life, almost entirely devoid of the formal educations and social graces of the other races. This is often misinterpreted as stupidity, much to the dismay of their enemies.

That can be found here.

Please, cease the flamming wars, dis is 'tooped :thumbup:

Uruk = masterace

Uruk > all

I agree with you, orc heights get very silly sometimes (I've saw a normal uruk RPing as 16ft once) and even generally they stretch suspension of disbelief. The height of your playermodel doesn't change, all height is a stat that's higher than the others.

It's been coming up so much recently that I'm starting to wonder if it's worth having the Lore, Admin and GM teams decide on official height ranges (we don't actual have any), although I'm loathe to force something like that on a whole playerbase without good cause. Do you all think such would be necessary or is it not that much of a problem?

To give an indication of what I'm thinking, cap non-bestial races to 6ft (no more Uber Adunians) and cap uruks at 7ft (about the size of Shrek) with the dumber ones at 8. Throw MPM to max and you still can't hit that. Ologs go to 10ft absolute max with most at 9, which is still colossal. Golems are scaled to orcs, so this would also effect anyone claiming to be a 12 foot golem. Before you jump on this "miniaturisation" scroll up and look at how big that actually is. It's still a massive physical advantage but it's also practical to RP at.

i dont really know how it happened. people just kinda started making there orcs really big. i recall i think it was urara blawharag and mogroka who started it, ive tried to tell orcs to CAP at 8 feet (except for ologs) but no one listens because they dont like being wrong.

While the lore does state limits to the orcs height, imposing this harshfully will be impossible. As such, this will be moved to denied. Try to set an example, and if you want try to deal with it IC... somehow.

Best of luck.