The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
susitsu

[Actor] I Have Too Much Time

28 posts in this topic

Are you a leader or follower, susitsu? Do you like to take charge in what has been organized (i.e events) whether or not they had been written up by you, or would you rather assist and support in events you would be able to help with? Additionally, how are your writing skills? Do you enjoy writing lore, or do you abstain from greater details and try to form creative concepts on a whim in order to shell out events for others as opposed to storylines? I know of your ability to RP in forums, as I had witnessed it in the past, though never knew if you enjoyed to write beyond that. 

As a manager, I may subject you to further questioning (and may request you to make additions to your application) as to determine what you can offer in total to the team. I presume this will not be a hassle. 

Interesting approach.

When it comes to leading or following, I honestly don't care for either and refuse to consider myself one. I act as the situation demands. If a leader is needed, I will stand. If a follower is required, I will assist you. When it comes to my own ideas and lore, it's unlikely I'll allow another to head that but I will feel uncomfortable taking up the mantle of another. Regardless, I am flexible and my comfort is meaningless to me.

I consider my writing skills above par, but I often keep my work to myself. Many of my characters have had massive bios or massive details on a specific ability they have purely for myself to always be able to see, so I would say that I do indeed enjoy writing lore, but rather, when it comes to events, I write what is needed, and allow it to flow from there as events occur.

When it comes to one time events or storyline, I do by far prefer storylines. I want to be able to bring people events that allow people to advance their characters in ways they want and be able to remember what occurred in these, whether they have a rather dark ending or a happy one. But regardless, there is always a time for one time run events.

Simply put, I can do and be any of these things at anytime as is demanded and will do so.

If you ask that I add more, doing so would easily be done.

+1, I have known susitsu for a good three years now if not three and a half. For as long as I have known him he has been a great role player. He usually does his best to keep a good ooc attitude toward things and does really good at keeping things role play. I think he would do a good job in providing fun interesting role play to those around him and from his events.

Susitsu, Susitsu... where to begin...

I remember my early days in the temp maps, when I really was starting to get into the community, talk to people, learn about the server's past and hear the famous stories passed down. An aspiring villain who wanted to achieve notoriety at the status of people like Knox, the Perfectionist, and various others... I was told about susitsu, who played Lucas Black. For almost all of my time on the server, you were like an elusive myth to me: "Somebody who could return and clear up his ban whenever he wanted, but he chose to stay away". I remained entirely unaware of who you were until you returned to the server in 3.5 and we met due to our mutual friends. I think we clicked pretty early on, you being one of the elder shades, I a newer, and we RP'd a few times on various characters.

Since then, I'd like to think we've maintained a friendly relationship with one another, our TS banter and our RP always being fun and light-hearted. In the time I've known you, I've known you to be a roleplayer who's never afraid to go with the flow of what occurs: sculpting the character he's played since the server's earliest days, based upon the events around him, and simply letting things happen. You have a good mindset about the server and what's healthy for it, and I respect that.

However, every person is not without their flaws. I have known you to have powergamed on a few occasions (nothing out of malicious intent I truly believe, simply frustrating situations where things became unclear and thus roleplay became heated and cluttered) as well as brought OOC into handling a purely-IC situation. These events were, to be fair, half a year ago, so I'm not one to judge if that is truly how you still are, as I haven't seen such behavior since I returned to the server 2 months ago. I assume you've changed for the better, but it is still meritable to point out these past infractions.

To wrap things up, I think you have the right mindset for an actor, with the right guidance. Yet, I pose a single question to you: would you be willing to give up the time you spend forging relationships and enjoying RP on Lucas, so that you could do ET work?

A +1 for me, yet the decision should ultimately be up to you.

Yet, I pose a single question to you: would you be willing to give up the time you spend forging relationships and enjoying RP on Lucas, so that you could do ET work?

Well, the funny thing about that is...I decided to finally make the ET app after all these months because I have far too much time as Lucas Black. I spend a lot of time walking aimlessly and staring at walls until I get idle kicked then log back in, wishing I had a way to find people and RP with them, and not even as Lucas.

As well, Ive been planning for a very long time reasons to slowly cut down my time as Lucas, so the answer is yes, I am in-fact already prepared to do so.

You are an interesting person, Susi. I find your quality of RP wavers greatly, and can go from really amazing to ever-so-slightly sub par. That being said, I tend to be on at the times when you are tired and about to sleep, so I can't blame you for that; I suffer a similar effect due to lack of sleep. I will not go into massive depth on your RP, but if you keep it as good as I have occasionally seen it (and that is /very/ good), you will make an excellent ET.

Your OOC attitude is quite rough, but you are a really nice person once someone gets to know you. You remind me of a gruff parent who is nice at heart, but knows when to scold someone. In all, I think you'd do well as ET, so +1 from me :D

Please don't take any of the stuff I said offensively. I could have been like other people and gone "ERMEHGERD SUSI IS DAH BEST" but I always give my honest opinion instead :)

I'm actually quite glad people aren't simply ignoring my bad times and are making it aware they aren't supporting me for only good reasons, but because they know they trump the bad ones.

Honestly, one of my hopes is to manage to be able to change some opinions of me that occurred during a very bad time in my life. I really came back to LotC during a time I was just kind of suffering and now I'm two states away from anyone I used to know and living with some roommates.

Things are much better.

+1 is really active and has had A+ quality roleplay since Aegis! Make this man an et

Small addition at the bottom plus interesting feedback that I enjoyed responding to added to the original post.

Haven't had a bad experience when RP'ing with or around Susitsu. I also enjoy the 1-3 person event that he has up, the idea of making a choice and being rewarded for doing the right thing is intriguing to me. I think he'd fit the part. +1

Haven't had a bad experience when RP'ing with or around Susitsu. I also enjoy the 1-3 person event that he has up, the idea of making a choice and being rewarded for doing the right thing is intriguing to me. I think he'd fit the part. +1

I'd hope the implied possibility of a bad ending in my second event as well helps contrast this. I am interested in doing events for evil people to do evil things and get rewarded for successfully doing evil correctly.

Do to this statement, I am considering adding more events to explore possibilities for differing results and rewards for actions of ill and good morals.

+1. Susitsu's a cool guy. He's fun to bother when playing a mentally retarded Goblin.