[Lore] A New Step For Redstone.

Jeth_Sooth

Hello everyone, I am here to present you some RP I have done lately. Everything written here, is based on what we know of Redstone.

See ==> https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/97078-redstone-wiring-and-its-properties/ For more information.

Based on my research done in game:

http://imgur.com/aBb1ayW,vyCg6hG,nKYpHay,aq6Ku0k,uEq6yGi,vB3qQeo,yGDy8UU#0

Lightning bolts, being too powerful to be held down and controlled needs to be reduced. By that idea, Jeth created a Coil Capacitor with a ground ( http://imgur.com/4Hmdhqs ), that will remove all the extra energy that can't be held inside the redstone blocks. A certain % (About 20%) of the lightning bolt is held in those capacitors and can be used for basic use, but it can only be used one time (since the electricity will be discharged in whatever way in finds). These equations can demonstrate the logic behind these (The signal is lost after 15 redstone block and needs to be re-activated)

P(15)=I(15)xR(rl)

Therefor, I(a)=P(v)/R(rl)        R(rl)=P(v)/I(a)

P=The power in total (How many blocks in can send energy to
I=How many blocks are left to be powered (Lets say P is at 10, then I is at 5)
R= Resistive load, anything that drains the energy

There's also the W, (PxI) which means how strong it is (and most likely if it will knock you out, kill you or just tickle you)

And we can do up to couples of side stuff with such research, maybe the use of redstone lamps, but I wasn't able to research on those, yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This knowledge, we all know it, but to put it to good use? Jeth created a balistica, or should I say modified it. (Nothing too advanced in technology). The principle is quite logical behind the weapon, we attach a redstone rope to the arrow that will be shot down to the undead enemies. Lightning will be furnished by their attack (since there's always lightning when they attack) and we use their own force against themselves. The ground around them (Clay, as where I am currently RP) would conduct the electricity (energy) and give a big shock (maybe fatal for undeads, to be tested).

(picture of actual build http://imgur.com/LEjuUFq )

All these research have been funded by both Vanderfell and Polaris

Most of this went over my head, but would there a way to hold the charge in "batteries", then when a non-undead army attacks you can electrocute them with the "battery" stored electricity?

There could be a way of course, but that would need RP research (I've got so much research to do, I'm bringing on of my friend on this server to help me out). But yes, that could be possible, the main problem would be to transport those "Batteries" and knowing their exact W and what they do in Pll or Serie. All this electric stuff is a new concept and certainly would change the server in many possitive ways but requires a lot of time, effort and investment from the cities that wish to have this... new technology.

I'm sorry to say that this would not work. Even with modern day technology, the energy of a lightning bolt cannot be stored, even a reduced percentage of its original power. You're trying to store the electron discharge of a single bolt of lightning, which even in our modern world wouldn't work. Even with modern day capacitor technologies, it would require that your capacitor be roughly 1,000,000 km3, and I see your device is puny. That is however in storing the raw electrons, but even if you could somehow instantaneously take that energy and convert it to a chemical energy in a battery, that battery being a few km3, but there's no way you can make a battery charge instantaneously with modern day science, so it would simply explode. You aren't even in modern day though, you're in a medieval fantasy world.

I'm sorry to say, but from a scientific standpoint, your device would be destroyed with one lightning bolt, and because you're using redstone, there would be a fireball explosion involved. However, if your character was a masterful electromancer, they might be able to build a device and conduct the energy themselves, but you'd risk killing yourself with that much raw electrical power passing through you.

My lore would likely not support this possibility without a degree of enchanting involved. Even then, I would prefer something like this to not be created. It adds too much science, and too little fantasy.

Although this does seem cool, and I would love to see more of my nerdy side be shown on this server, it still does not fit proper lore. The one thing that I can (think) of that can store heat is thaunhium, which is extremely fragile making it an unviable resource to use.

I can't argue with the logical reasoning behind what Silent said. Even with today's technology we can't hold a lightning bolt (or even use it) but this would change the server's theme, and I don't want it to change. I could've combined many theories (Electromancer, alchemy, magic) to finally achieve (maybe) something out of this... but again, this would still change the age of the server. I'll stick to stones and flint for now.

Cheers :thumbup: 

I believe your theories and research could still continue, but as others stated you simply would not be able to use it in the ways you suggested. Science roleplay is still fun roleplay!

I believe your theories and research could still continue, but as others stated you simply would not be able to use it in the ways you suggested. Science roleplay is still fun roleplay!

Like the Krughattan Project!

Like the Krughattan Project!

You have to do this now, the mods have to allow you to do this now, this is the most amazing thing I have ever read. #redstoneorriot

Well, as Viper stated (he was an Admin at the time and a Lore Master) the way you sugested can not work so the lore is Denied, but the Science roleplay can continue.