[Ooc] The Cervitaurs!

The Womping Wizard

yrrqKEj.png

~ The Cervitaur ~

This thread will act as a sort of Q/A and request thread for the Cervitaurs. 

If you have any questions that aren't answered in the lore page you can

feel free to either PM one of the creators or post in this thread. You can

also apply to roleplay a Cervitaur by either PMing one or all of us directly

OR by posting in this thread that you have done the application. The app

has been updated and is at the bottom of the post, please take some time out of your day to fill it out! It's mostly just for documentation and so that we

can contact you guys later. Like I said, any questions

or concerns feel free to either post or PM one or all of us! Thanks!

~ The lore can be found here! ~

~The Creators~

Keeeem

Addled

Myst

Zane

~ FAQ ~

1. What is a cervitaur? You mean centaur right?
No, a cervitaur is similar but instead of being half horse, it is half deer. That means that while it may have a similar physique, it isn't fit for riding.

2. How smart are cervitaurs?
Cervitaurs are sentient creatures however, they are more animal than person. They may react to things irrationally from a domestic perspective and don't grasp complex concepts easily and if they do, they will constantly forget things. 

3. Cervitaurs and genders.
While Cervitaurs have no gender though have recently been introduced to the concept through interactions with races. Though they don't quite understand what the difference is, they can guess what gender someone is. It isn't uncommon to see a cervitaur who appears a certain gender refer to a different pronoun than expected. Cervitaurs also don't have genitalia and would have flat chests. 

4. What is a Cervitaur's diet?
A cervitaur lives primarily in a forest that being said, they would eat the undergrowth of the forest (leaves, roots, bushes) as well as any other vegetables and naturally growing food items. They also would occasionally eat small woodland creatures but the eating of such animals would be seen as a luxury item. 

5. Cervitaurs and Romance
Cervitaurs see all relationships as a more familial coupling. While they may enjoy the company of one cervitaur over the other, the relationship rarely ventures into "love". They build friendly bonds and affection is shown with   their presence. They don't have physical or sexual attractions. 

6. Cervitaur and Resources
Cervitaurs may appear to be just deer people but they are actually more closely related to plants than animals. That being said, their bodies are mostly composed of plant-like material (their fur being moss, horns branches, skin being layers of fleshy plant material, etc). If a Cervitaur is killed and stripped of its horns or hooves, it would most likely stay as it is briefly before degrading similar to a plucked flower or a cut down tree. 

7. I have applied, what do I do now?
Recently, we've been getting a huge influx of applications and we're really excited about this new activity. However, in light of this, we're trying to balance activity so that we have a set amount of people who can be on at one time and roleplay together. So, that being said, we will be introducing people into the cervitaurs as well as purging inactive or people who have lost interest as time goes on in order to make things fair for all people. 

8. How long do Cervitaurs live?
Cervitaurs can indefinitely. Like a phoenix, they eventually die and turn into a tree. This tree then sprouts a fruit and this fruit then spawns a cervitaur. For the record, the fruit doesn't taste good, would be slightly acidic like a lemon and would have a relatively hard shell if it isn't ready to be hatched.

The application: tinyurl.com/datappdoe

This thread will be edited hopefully every once and awhile with new information. 

Updated 8/16/2015

The creature looks oddly adorable, no real question sorry.

This seems like a centaur, but you claim otherwise. Elaborate, for science.

Cervitaurs are somewhat like centaurs, but deer in place of horses, though it could've been answered in the lore!

The creature looks oddly adorable, no real question sorry.

Good chat!

Question: I have been talking to Keeeeem about becoming a Cervitaur and went through the application process. How long does the whole process take?

I've filled out the application, liked the animation in the background.

Malog wanted to really cook you guys back in the Standing Inn, now you guys killed a Hobo Princess!!

Question: I have been talking to Keeeeem about becoming a Cervitaur and went through the application process. How long does the whole process take?

You should have gotten a new response in the previous forum post. If you're still interested and have already filled out the application then there shouldn't be that much of a wait time at all. We'll get to adding everyone previously interested soon, it should be within the next few days when we get to it.

is this canon lore

Yes. Please see the lore post in the original thread.

d'aaaaaaaawwwwwwhhhhhhh.

Well, where do these fellows hang out?

We have our own home location somewhere secret in a forest (seeing as how we're deer, there's actually a really big hint of which forest we're in if you know where to look) but when we aren't there we occasionally travel in groups to settlements for tiny events or just for fun roleplay. 

I submitted an application! Also those deer puns are BUCKING amazing!

HAH. This person's going far in life.

Gotta give you two paws up for a great idea. The seems purrfectly made. Though if you dont choose me, it will hurt my felines.

*has not bucking deer jokes to speak of*