Gemsong Crystals. Ready For Review!

DISCOLIQUID

un%27goro_crater_screenshots26.jpg

Beauty may be subjective, but the Gemsong Crystals of Athera drop jaws within their cavern dwellings.

The Gemsong Crystals of Athera have been buried just underneath the surface of the world, and have often gone unnoticed by the miners of the realm due to the hustle and bustle of the trade; however, those wise enough to stop, those who stay the cacophony of pick against stone, those who look in the dark for beauty and not riches - may find awe. 

These multifaceted crystals grow from the slow trickle of natural water through stone. As the water crams down into crevices of caves, these gems slowly coalesce into easily fractured and easily inspiring gems of awesome color. Should the natural light of sunlight be allowed to touch the surfaces of these rare gems, one would find an array of luminescent colors bursting from the skin of the crystals. 

Their most stunning quality however, is, by no small margin, their voice. These crystals resonate and produce pitches that are light quiet hums to the Descendant's ears. Should multiple crystals be gathered in one place, their tones shall adapt to one another and resonate in chords that may be especially pleasing to the ear. This beauty is not perfect, though. With the touch of skin against these crystals, their resonation is muted and one will find that they do not sing. A crystal must be untouched by skin or leather or cloth - only a resting place of Atheran stone will allow the crystals to remain unmuted. Few offer conjecture to this purpose; perhaps the crystals are magic in some way and touching them drains latent mana, perhaps the crystals are charged in some way by an Aengul who fears the mortal coil, or perhaps the strange nature of these crystals is just an Atheran miracle that should not be questioned - simply appreciated for their beauty. Regardless of the source of their odd tonality, one thing can be agreed on - The hum and the glisten of a Gemsong Crystal are two sources of harmony among a world ravaged by war.

So, why this? Well, the crystals don't serve a combat purpose - why should they? We've crossbows, pole-axes, magic, kittens, you name it, for combat. Where is the high fantasy of this realm that hurls players into a world of wonder? I've an arrogant answer, it's right here. Players will be able to gather these crystals and represent them IC'ly however they see fit with MC items such as emeralds, lapis, note blocks, even music discs. 

Does it have red lines?

~Don't use the shimmer of a gemstone for combat, you're better off running away.

~The gemstone is not loud enough to hurt anyones hearing or distract them from magic.

~The gemstones have no effect on anyone that they do not wish to RP. 

~Touching a gemstone with anything processed by man (cloth, tools, leather, skin, etc) will mute it. Natural substances (Uncut wood, grass, stone, water) will not mute the stone.

~This lore is for immersion and smiles. Don't make people frown with my lore if it's accepted. 

You know in 1928, when Otto Frederick Rohwedder invented sliced bread. Yeah, I never thought there'd be anything better than sliced bread, but then I saw this, and I was all like, "Woah. This is better than sliced bread." +1 Better than sliced bread.

So you cant touch it? wat

If you touch it, the gems will no longer produce a tone - they'll just be regular, shiny gemstones.

I think this would add for a very pleasant, enjoyable and immersive aspect to RP. +1

You better make Callax's memorial some wind chimes out of these!

+1, would be a nice explanation for all the music discs I have and gives another option for bards and performers and whatnot for tavern RP, feasts, and things like that.

Dwarves currently have massive crystals in the roof of their city, can you think of a good sound for us to have them make in roleplay thats dwarfy when this passes? xD

Dwarves currently have massive crystals in the roof of their city, can you think of a good sound for us to have them make in roleplay thats dwarfy when this passes? xD

Quiet drum sounds from the intro of this yeyeyeyeye?

I don't see why you need lore for this, but since it's posted it's a wonderful idea and I whole heartedly want to see this. +1

I'm happy to say that this lore is Accepted!

Enjoy the sweet sounds of gem music in your ears. I know some ETs and GMs have ideas on how to use this, let us see how interesting they are.

This lore has been suspended/shelved. Contact an ST Manager or the ST Administrator for any questions or concerns.