[Playable] Bryophites

OsmiumOtter

Druids or Dryads?

Druids: I suppose that it depends. However, the Druids would probablely want to study them.

Dryads: I suppose dryads would be less rejective of them, them being part mentally plant

I'm happy to say that this lore is Accepted!

I have to say that the idea is quite interesting and quite well thought out. As for how it works for players, unless the lore writer would wish it to be any diferent it would act like this:

• Anyone may chose to change their into a bryophite.
  • The change is eternal, meaning no cure or going back, unless for the first IRL week.

YAAAAAY PLANT PEOPLE UNITE!!!!

tennis_lg.jpg

So..sexy Sylvari plant ladies can have babbies? Good...

On another note, Mage Bryophites? Cleric Bryophites? Druid Bryophites? Shade Bryophites?

Would it be possible that Bryophites could be corrupted and or controlled by Iblees or another magic or being? It says in the lore that they cannot be controlled by magics but I feel that that is a little unrealistic. Since they still have a life force, and as repeated many times they are almost like normal people with brains and everything except for the fact that they are made of plants wouldn't it be likely that they can be effectively controlled or corrupted in some manner.

P.S. Really love the Idea btw and can't wait to make one of my characters a Bryophite :)

So..sexy Sylvari plant ladies can have babbies? Good...

On another note, Mage Bryophites? Cleric Bryophites? Druid Bryophites? Shade Bryophites?

I will let the lore writer answer in last, but I see no reason why not.

Would it be possible that Bryophites could be corrupted and or controlled by Iblees or another magic or being? It says in the lore that they cannot be controlled by magics but I feel that that is a little unrealistic. Since they still have a life force, and as repeated many times they are almost like normal people with brains and everything except for the fact that they are made of plants wouldn't it be likely that they can be effectively controlled or corrupted in some manner.

P.S. Really love the Idea btw and can't wait to make one of my characters a Bryophite :)

Iblees controls people by pretty much "Ripping their souls out and killing their bodies", which mean they would become undead. Even though they are made of plants, they would also still be themselves, meaning they would not be able to be controled any diferently than normal characters. I would assume corruption would be the same.

What about magics, like if someone were skilled in nature magic could they control and or take over Bryophites body's as they are made of plants?

What about magics, like if someone were skilled in nature magic could they control and or take over Bryophites body's as they are made of plants?

That would be druid magic, which is stated in the lore that it can not control them.

Plants require O2 as well, for respiration....Look, if you say they can't perform photosynthesis for food, then there is little to no reasoning as to why they would breath in CO2. What do they do with it? In reality, plants do this with CO2:

6H2O+6CO2------->6O2+C6H12O6

This is called photosynthesis. It is the process of converting water and CO2 into Glucose (and O2) with the help of sunlight. This glucose is then stored (usually as starch) or used in respiration, in the equation of:

6O2+C6H12O6------->6H2O+6CO2(+energy)

As these bryophites don't perform photosynthesis for food, we can safely say that the intake of CO2 for /breathing/ would simply kill them, as they would be inhaling too much CO2 than is required for the state of 'not being hallucinogenic'. Instead, have them breath O2 :)

OOooonnnn that train of thought, you might as well not have them green at all, since chlorophyll is responsible for the green colour in plants, and chlorophyll is also what is needed for photosynthesis to occur. Since photosynthesis doesn't occur, you might as well not have them green...because it makes no sense.

P.S. This is why I am against science in RP. Because then you would need to explain everything in detail as I have just done, and that simply cannot be done in a fantasy RP world.

I like the idea, and will
+1 it :D

P.S.S. I also understand that they get dizzy and sick because of no sunlight. That's cool! :)

P.S.S.S. Wooohooo 650th post is one of me making a point about science in RP xD

That would be druid magic, which is stated in the lore that it can not control them.

I will let the lore writer answer in last, but I see no reason why not.

Iblees controls people by pretty much "Ripping their souls out and killing their bodies", which mean they would become undead. Even though they are made of plants, they would also still be themselves, meaning they would not be able to be controled any diferently than normal characters. I would assume corruption would be the same.

What you said is true I agree

Plants require O2 as well, for respiration....Look, if you say they can't perform photosynthesis for food, then there is little to no reasoning as to why they would breath in CO2. What do they do with it? In reality, plants do this with CO2:

6H2O+6CO2------->6O2+C6H12O6

This is called photosynthesis. It is the process of converting water and CO2 into Glucose (and O2) with the help of sunlight. This glucose is then stored (usually as starch) or used in respiration, in the equation of:

6O2+C6H12O6------->6H2O+6CO2(+energy)

As these bryophites don't perform photosynthesis for food, we can safely say that the intake of CO2 for /breathing/ would simply kill them, as they would be inhaling too much CO2 than is required for the state of 'not being hallucinogenic'. Instead, have them breath O2 :)

OOooonnnn that train of thought, you might as well not have them green at all, since chlorophyll is responsible for the green colour in plants, and chlorophyll is also what is needed for photosynthesis to occur. Since photosynthesis doesn't occur, you might as well not have them green...because it makes no sense.

P.S. This is why I am against science in RP. Because then you would need to explain everything in detail as I have just done, and that simply cannot be done in a fantasy RP world.

I like the idea, and will +1 it :D

P.S.S. I also understand that they get dizzy and sick because of no sunlight. That's cool! :)

P.S.S.S. Wooohooo 650th post is one of me making a point about science in RP xD

1. first section: We have a botanist on our hands! Okay, so ur all correct about that, plants use CO2 for feeding, and if they dont use photosythesis, then they don't need CO2, but lets say that the living most uses CO2 as if it were O2: transfering it to atp and letting off O2, in the inverse of what human bodies do. :)

2. second section: Just because it is not doing much does not mean its not there. chlorophyll could be just like skin pigment, coloring.

3. third section: someone on the forum said in response to a question about a plant that destroyed bacteria(the question being that doctors don't know about bacteria) that they would refer to it as "cleaning the gunk up". This would kind of apply here, as instead of knowing whats happening, they know the result. Another example is this: most people don't care about how a drink machine works, they just put the coin in, push the button and grab the drink. I believe that basic science is perfectly fine in rp, because they don't need to know why.

4. Thx for the complement

For an easy explanation of things, something I would suggest as being different:

Living moss is one of the only plants not able to be controlled by any form of magic. (e.g. a sorcerer can NOT manipulate a Bryophite’s body or control it)

Rather, a person Replaced should not be able to because they still have their soul. That would also explain many, many other things such as being able to be Clerics or be affected by Soul Puppetry.

+1 Im really surprised a new person made this, and was accepted! Great work ^-^