[Lore] Amendment To Shade Lore

ski_king3

Before you read further, know that this is a proposal I am making after extensive discussion with Kalameet, one of the high ranking shades. This is a serious proposal. Thank you.

Shade Dolphin Lore

deep_demon_by_bluukitsune-d38x61a.png

By BluuKitsune on Deviantart

Upon creation of the newest generation of shades, these dark beings were imbued with strange, dolphin-like properties. Though few shades have mastered these potent abilities, it is known that the newest shades have been gifted with a form of echo-location similar to that of dolphins. Though they do not need to be in water to use it as dolphins do, they make noises sounding similar to the "eeech-eeech-eeech-eeech-eeeeech" sounds that dolphins make. The noise travels all around the shade, reverberating off of its surrounding and allowing them to locate living things in a similar manner to that of dolphins. This skill grows particularly potent if the shade has one or more of its senses barred.

However, through their dolphin-like abilities, their "eeech-eeech-eeech-eeech-eeeeech" have another powerful effect: the ability to scare away sharks. Shades and those close with them needn't ever be afraid of these terrifying aquatic creatures. Just as groups of dolphins sometimes scare away sharks when they attack humans, this noise deters sharks from attacking any humanoid creature in the nearby vicinity. It is with this ability that Kalameet was able to tame the great fresh-water sharks of Lake Lake within the Conclave of Malin.

Though these abilities may seem non-serious and even a bit silly, it is a fundamentally important aspect of Shade magic. I ask that this lore be taken seriously and considered for the well-being of existing shades.

Post without color for the ease of Kalameet's reading pleasure, as he is colorblind and I wanted to make it easy for him. Sorry Moot

EDIT: Below are a few red lines and clarifications to show that this is essentially a fun RP perk that grants Shades no further advantages.

Restrictions: This may not be used to locate individuals that you cannot see MC'ly. That would be metagaming, which is bad. If you cannot see them with Minecraft, then the echolocation would be obstructed anyways in this case. As a result, this addition cannot be treated as metamancy of sorts, and would technically be cool with mechanical standard if that is still a thing that exists (which I don't think it exactly does).

Clarifications: As you see, this doesn't promote metagaming, which is good. Likewise, I would like to say that if sharks are ever added to Minecraft as a vanilla mob, the techs will never have to code this part of the shade magic. This is meant as an RP perk to create fun and interesting occurrences, as well as an explanation for Kalameet's supposed skill in taming sharks within the Conclave. However, it's safe to assume that regular shade magic in a magic plugin would be more than enough to represent their ability to deter sharks.

More Clarifications: This isn't purely created to empower the single blind shade on the server. While that was how this idea initially came to pass, I wrote this lore without Kalameet's encouragement, and believe it would be fun for all Shades. Likewise, Kalameet could feasibly RP having faked being blind the whole time and start seeing people in RP once more, so it's not as if this truly gives him any sort of advantage.

Coloring for clarity, sorry Kalameet :/

I approve. Literally, this is a huge oversight. I'm glad someone is finally taking this seriously (::: spider smile!11!!

+1

Sounds pretty cool actually, I can dig it.

Lore team, you can't deny this. You keep denying our shade lores. If you deny this, it is an obvious sign of one-sidedness and a hate for shades.

Too OP. What is the balance for the Sharks??? Do they get some sort of counter? I cannot support such a blatant power game against the mighty Shark

sharks are already a staff suported faction this is applayer made oen and dseerbves to WIN

[!]

i love u ski

uhm who do you think you are ki_in2

I'm not sure why this was moved to Off Topic, but this is a legitimate lore proposal. Even if you think it's silly or won't be accepted, it shouldn't be in off topic. I'd ask that an FM or GM please move it back to Roleplay Ideas for me.

I was blackmailed into supporting this by the shade dolphins. They are too OP IRL

+1