[12/24]Lore Q&a [New! Addition]

501warhead

Just a quick question. Since my story will feature Aenguls, Daemons, the Void and quite a few concepts I've come up with on my own is there an LM whose particular expertise is in that area that I can PM questions to? I'm more than willing to do the whole thing and release it but I'm loathe to tread on established lore.

Just a quick question. Since my story will feature Aenguls, Daemons, the Void and quite a few concepts I've come up with on my own is there an LM whose particular expertise is in that area that I can PM questions to? I'm more than willing to do the whole thing and release it but I'm loathe to tread on established lore.

Aye. PM me.

Explain Druidic Soul trees and why they allow people to avoid the death memory loss. 

Do vikings exist? 

Can a uruk grow a beard?

I know I'm no LM, but there are a couple cultures who emulate vikings and I've known at least one bearded orc.

I'm actually curious about Atheran wildlife. I asked in a status update earlier, but I wanna be sure this is true. http://gyazo.com/0d11e61613a58a340efe482be80ff673 the answer I was given was http://gyazo.com/603c916d74d7c635b0304b4f7fece3f4  So, would any idea for an animal, plant or monster inhabiting Athera require a post in the lore forums and approval by lore master? What should I know if I'm curious about thinking up some new creature? 

Any of you LMs willing to help me continue my writing up of lore for an event subject regarding a "purist" somewhat evil Aengul named Aerkiath? 

I heard talk of direwolves, saw mention of their lore by a Lore Master, but couldn't find their lore for the life of me. Could someone please link me the lore? Thanks :D

How can I suggest a piece of lore? Do I need to PM anyone? Because the lore forum is locked.

How can I suggest a piece of lore? Do I need to PM anyone? Because the lore forum is locked.

Post it in roleplay ideas mate.

1. With mechanical standard on lore, if a new kind of magic can be explained through the use of mechanics, does this mean that the magic can be role played without the need of lore approval from the Lore Team, or would lore still be required to be written up and then judged by the team?

2. On an equal note, if magic cannot be explained through the use of mechanics and lore is written, are there still chances that the lore can be accepted if written well and if fitting into current lore? 

3. Why does gold affect dark beings?

4. Does gold burn, or does it simply allow the item to affect them? As in, hitting say a dread knight with a normal sword wouldn't do much damage but a golden sword would do damage, because the gold allows it to hit. Or, does the gold sword simply touching him, burn?

1. There is no more Mech Standard, which means the lore for the magic must be aproved.

2. If the lore is well written, fun, without problems of inconsistences and OP things, then it can be aproved (see Blood Magic as the last aproven magic)

3. It depends on the beings. It affects ghosts and necromancer creatures because it affects with non natural life-force, forcing the creatures to suffer extra damage.

4. Dread Knight example isn't very good since they have armor on. But say you can place the gsword inside the armor. The Gold sword would do damage, because it can affect Etheral creatures, while the iron one wouldn't. Normally the effects are rp'ed as burning, expecially by ghosts and the like.

How long, truly, can an Elf live?

Over 1200 years.

What happens if we launch someone into the void/space?

They die.

How long can an Uruk live? Some say indefinitely, should they not die in battle, though they were not gifted with 'Long Living' as the children of Malin were. 

That is true, this isn't definitive, but I would think about 600-700 like dwarves.

1. Do vikings exist? 

2. Can golems be mixed with ice made from magic to create interesting things?

3. Can a golem be created in the form of a wolf?

4. What is the difference between a creature and a race?

5. Can a uruk grow a beard?

1. A culture of vicking ways may exist.

2. No.

3. No.

4. I assume you mean a creature of the 5 main races (and not species). A creature of the 5 races is a specific way a few people of the race have been modified. Like Dryads, Dread Knights, the Plant people, even Golems (if used the soul thingy).

5. Yes.

Explain Druidic Soul trees and why they allow people to avoid the death memory loss. 

Druidic Soul trees are just another way for druids to not 'die'. They simply connect their soul to a tree and regrow from it when they die. They ARE affected by the memory loss.

I'm actually curious about Atheran wildlife. I asked in a status update earlier, but I wanna be sure this is true. http://gyazo.com/0d11e61613a58a340efe482be80ff673 the answer I was given was http://gyazo.com/603c916d74d7c635b0304b4f7fece3f4  So, would any idea for an animal, plant or monster inhabiting Athera require a post in the lore forums and approval by lore master? What should I know if I'm curious about thinking up some new creature? 

It depends on the creature/plant. If the creature or plant can be abused in any way, then a lore post is needed. If it's anything that exists IRL (animals mostly, plants have the same problems) then it can be roleplayed. If it's a minor fantasy plant or animal, normally it's better to write lore for it, but might very well be alright to roleplay it.

Any of you LMs willing to help me continue my writing up of lore for an event subject regarding a "purist" somewhat evil Aengul named Aerkiath? 

You'll have to ask one by one.

I heard talk of direwolves, saw mention of their lore by a Lore Master, but couldn't find their lore for the life of me. Could someone please link me the lore? Thanks :D

There are a few direwolves, such as the Lur Wolves and the Ker Wolves.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/108953-animal-lore-ker-wolves/

There is one.

Post it in roleplay ideas mate.

What Lima said.

Do we have a lore post/guide post thingy for Enchanting? I thought we had one a while ago but if I remember correctly it's been changed a few times.

There's a town called GreyHaven which is a bit south-west of the Elves' towns. In the docks there's a shop, in which is a book detailing the specifics of Druidic healing. It's about 30 Minas, I believe.