Hamfast And The Giant Beanstalk (Halfling Event)

ForeverGinger

Event Planners, MC Names: ForeverGinger

Event Type: Adventure! And maybe a bit of treasure hunting!

Event Date: Sometime in March hopefully, specifics can be worked out later!

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Halflings specificly, but anyone can join if they want to!

Event Location: Gimblewood, right outside Number 4 Shire Street

Summary:

Perdric, a young Halfling training to become a Druid, was tasked by his mentor, Miss Beth the Snow Druid, to grow a plant and care for it. However, Perdric decided it would be wise to give his plant a small treat, a mug of Roxanne's Riot, the strongest ale known to Halfling kind. After pouring the ale on his tiny beansprout, Perdric's plant grew at a prodigious rate, shooting upwards hundreds of meters every day! The alcohol stimulated the growth stupendously, and before he knew it, the beanstalk had pierced the skys and speared a passing cloud, anchoring it in place! (Don't question my logic!) The young Halfling, recalling stories about another young, adventurous Halfling named Hamfast who climed to the clouds and looted treasure from a giant's castle, gathers his friends and elders to climb this great plant-ladder!

Upon reaching the cloud, the Halflings are met with a giant, ten foot Olog named Mrug-Mog, living in a castle on the cloud! The Olog was sent to live on this cloud by the Skygods as a punishment for some long forgotten crime. The Orc has been living on the cloud in his giant castle, for the castle is sized for one of his considerable height! The main room of the castle is a single room, dominated by a large cooking pot with equally large tables and chairs. The tables are covered in a clutter of plates, large knives, fruits, vegtables and cheeses. In the corner of the castle is a giant bed, made of rough cloth and animal pelts stitched togeather.

Mrug-Mog is not the sharpest knife in the cutlery drawer, but is no slouch with the massive stone club he carries, and he eventually rounds the Hallfings up and brings them to his kitchen. The Halflings are put in a large, wooden cage with a very nice view of the large, boiling stewpot! They are going to be eaten! The Halflings must somehow escape by parkouring out of the cage before Mrug-Mog reaches them! If the Olog reaches the Halflings before all are out, then he will put the remaining Halflings one by one into the stew pot! After escaping, the Halflings must somehow trick the Olog into opening the castle door for them to escape!

Concept Images/Screenshots:

A concept for the castle

67Ksizq.jpg

Pretty crude but accurate drawing of Mrug-Mog

XQ8uKSD.gif

Other Information:

Well, I am not exactly certain of the scale of the build, so a sepreate server is most likely not necesary, but I would welcome it :)

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Shure!

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:

Builders would be nice, say two or three to work with me, as I'm not a terrible builder!

An actor to play Mrug-Mog would be super awesome!

Mrog-Mug is a whitewash, death to him and his children!

woo i like this