[Event Creature] Voidal Manifestation

Moot

A plethora of people have sought an answer to death, a hope to avoid its unfortunate grasp. In search for such answers, many look to the Void, hoping it holds some great secret to unlocking true life, or immortality. Seeking a resolve to the frightening concepts that death brings. Alas, as both Janos and I search, we seem to come to the same unfortunate conclusion... As Mali’aheral death is of little consequence, however the topic is exceedingly interesting, and so we couldn't help but prod the topic. So we’ve come to a single conclusion; if one seeks immortality via the Void, they best look elsewhere, for one is better left dead, then no longer themselves.

lsA93TC.png

Voidal Wraiths, a subject Janos had been researching in the Fringe. He had asked for my assistance then, and thus we’ve been attempting to discover more about them. This details our findings, and what we know them to be.

Often times they are adorned in plate and tattered cloth, these Wraiths seem to have little to no regard for those around them, almost machine-like in nature. They can speak, and surely comprehend us, their vocabulary masterful. However they show no compassion or sympathy for us either. Allow me to be clear, they’re not evil, nor hold malcontent for us… for anyone infact. Docile, and seeming to be pacifists, unless specifically provoked; I don’t believe these Voidal Wraiths can actually do anyone direct harm.

Regardless of these Wraiths pacifism and neutral standings, they’re surely powerful beyond anyone's comprehension. Seemingly made from pure energy, Voidal Wraiths were once living beings, with flesh and bone. After speaking with it, it had noted its past, although vague. It explained there were others like him, others who were decimated, and churned into these floating distributions of energy. After inquiring what caused this, the Wraith presumed it was a massive surge of energy which has caused it.

With further investigation, I may have learned how these Wraiths are created. Voidal Wraiths are emotionless, seeming more calculated and neutral, this is because their soul was changed and stripped of the personality it provides. Typically, souls cannot enter the Void, without being torn asunder and made into information, and energy. However, it seems there is a slim chance that when a massive magical reaction is made (maybe an explosion of magic, of some-sort), a soul can be transmuted. This transmutation will change the soul, making it applicable to the real world, but also the Void. The person in question then reforms into a magical, energy-like husk, which then lives its “life” as a Void Wraith.

And thus is our conclusion; is immortality possible? Yes, but at what cost? Your humanity lost, ambitions gone. Doomed to forever wander our plane with no goal or purpose, truly hollowed. So this journal entry ends as it began, if one seeks immortality via the Void, they best look elsewhere, for one is better left dead, then no longer themselves.

- Kalameet Izalith, journal entry: Voidal Wraiths

((So, another lore post! Void Wraith were an ET thing made a long time ago by Merrymoogle, I offered to write legit lore for them, and thus this was born!

We have Itheral, we have Gravelords, but the Void doesn’t have a Wraith-like creature! This fixes that, answers the question of immortality, and does both of these things by offering a more so interesting roleplay idea, than a way of gaining power! Although, I’d like if Void Wraiths were played mainly by ET, to offer emphases on the event side of these Wraiths.

To clarify; Void Wraiths have no ambitions or goals, aside from gathering knowledge. They’re passive, and generally non-violent. If they’re provoked, they might become violent, or simply phase away to avoid conflict. They can be killed, and Fi magic-ed. However, they’ll essentially explode/vanish, then reappear somewhere else hours later. Or killed, depending on what said person wants.

Void Wraiths are literally my excuse to debunk immortality via the Void, and give such an idea a huge cost. Void Wraiths are very powerful when it comes to magic, but have little to no physical presents, as they’re just energy, cloth, and armor. This power is basically useless, as they aren’t violent, nor hold such intent. All they care about is learning, fiddling with enchantments, and other non-violent things. The means of becoming a Void Wraith essentially kills all aspiration of your character, so it makes it a hefty choice.

This is how I imagined them to sound like… Starcraft may, or may not have served as inspiration as I wrote this!

Regardless, I'm interested to hear what you all have to say about the idea. If you’ve questions, feel free to ask!))

I'd also like to ask, if this Lore is accepted: If a regular player would like to become a Void Wraith, they must first request and gain permission before doing so. Weather it's the LM's choice, or mine/moogles is up to the LM's if they so decide to accept this lore.

Interesting, as far as I know the Itharel aren't wraiths but I could be wrong. I like it though.

Interesting, as far as I know the Itharel aren't wraiths but I could be wrong. I like it though.

They're Wraith-like, pardons. Beings of energy and light. It's a vague comparison!

They're Wraith-like, pardons. Beings of energy and light. It's a vague comparison!

Oh yeah, well... That's like... Your opinion man nailed it !!!

Perhaps Wraiths is a poor name selection for these entities -- the term "Gravelord" is but a title, and it is the actual Wraiths themselves that have taken claim to the "Wraith" identity. To prevent confusion between the two, I would suggest another name for them.

Also, I find guidelines and rules vague and lacking of outlines. A neat list of weaknesses and strengths will properly portray the ability of these life-defying creatures, which I must add, are like an alternative to actual Wraithdom, which shares a similar, if not exact purpose.

It was left vague, to allow creativity. Like said in the post, these "Wraiths" are personality-less, essentially devoid of ambitions. If a character seeking power becomes this Voidal being, their hunt for power ends. Their need to use this power for good/evil is null, and they're doomed to roam adrift, seeking nothing but knowledge.

Void Wraiths aren't meant to be desired, and they're not meant for fighting or conflict in that nature, unlike Wraiths or Itheral. They're for more interpersonal events, and the like. The possibility of becoming one as a player, I presume, would have to be requested before done. As for abilities, if Void magic can do it, they can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbTAMqtZVs 

For reals though. I have interacted with these event creatures and they are nothing less that a bundle of fun. 

I legitimately believe that they shall be a good addition to the server and generate interesting RP.

Not bad :) Good event creatures, although I don't see how a player might enjoy RPing one. Maybe it's me. Regardless, I like this :)

As the creator of the lore, I approve of this neat little introduction and philosophi...cation. Whatever.

To any LM's or people interested, I have an official doc outlining the details and actual logic behind the process, as this post is intended to be RP and not actually delve into the brass tacks of what makes these creatures tick.

And yes, Swgr, I'd agree 'wraith' isn't a good word- my lore doc titles them 'Arcane Regnants', and the beings refer to themselves in other fashions.

was the red guy merrymoogle played one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oyC66cMLv8

More fitting stuff. Heh. Like the idea.

was the red guy merrymoogle played one?

ya but i got SHUT D0WN

I like it, sounds cool. Plus it will give those players seeking immortality or something of the sort another option than just Wraith or Itharel. It may also bring a bit more weight to properly roleplaying the voidal magics, as you no longer are just trolling about with no real goals after mastering a magic, but now you can reach the state of immortality through the void itself. I like.