[Lore] Faerie Truffles

~~~~~~~~~~

Faerie Truffles:

~~~~~~~~~~

These gnarled lumps of subterranean fungi can be naturally found buried around the roots of temperate trees, such as those found in Gimblewood. They’re described as deep russet in color, possessing a distinct earthy smell and taste. Like most truffles, they can be highly sought after by cuisine fanatics for their addictive flavor, but attempts to domesticate them have proven fruitless. Occasionally, however, one may find a knowledgeable farmer hunting for these rare treasures with the help of a truffle sniffing pig.

The gathering and use of the truffle especially reoccurs among Halfling communities, where there is no shortage of skillful and hungry chefs and farmers.  Its use outside hobbit folk, or lack thereof, can be attributed to a remarkably odd side effect brought on by its repeated consumption; stunted growth. The Faerie Truffle in fact gets its name from an old tall tale regarding it as a favored food of faerie folk, thus why their kind remain tiny, never growing big. However, even if one were ludicrous enough to regularly consume these truffles throughout adolescence, they would find its effects have their limits. No matter how many truffles one might happen to eat, as a person enters adulthood, they will still eventually grow to be at least about 3/4th what their natural height should’ve been. Their growth spurts will have simply been severely prolonged, never entirely stopped. Of course, most cases are significantly more mild, if not unnoticeable.

Despite this peculiarity, Faerie Truffles still have other useful qualities. In fact, like many breeds of fungi, they're very nutritious and possesses naturally strong skin rejuvenating abilities. Thanks to its more mystical persuasion however, the truffle most commonly finds its way into the libraries of alchemists and other scholarly kind as an effective moderate symbol of earth in potion brewing.

*(Best represented MCly with Netherwarts)

In loving memory of Halving Potions

N2GP8lk.png

1/19/2015 to 1/22/2015

YesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyGurenyes!

gr8 idea

MAkes me sick. Improper scum.

+1

Mirabelle posts this idea and she is iblees scum, therefor this is an undead attempt at getting us through cuteness! Quick, shield yourself and remain sane! 

+1

#Veren4Halfling2k15

+222,222,222,222,222,222,222,222,221

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

While the idea is simply, the effects are just very powerful, even the strongest things in alchemy not being able to do anything similar. The plant itself seems simple enough and perhaps would be accepted, but the potion is far too extreme. The side effects don't seem to add up, someone can drink it over and over again as well, and it lasts a long long time.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

While the idea is simply, the effects are just very powerful, even the strongest things in alchemy not being able to do anything similar. The plant itself seems simple enough and perhaps would be accepted, but the potion is far too extreme. The side effects don't seem to add up, someone can drink it over and over again as well, and it lasts a long long time.

Since this lore is still up to reply to, just wanted to say I disagree with this personally and so have the majority of people who have seen the post. The potion may be powerful, but it really is more whimsical than anything, as the RP and time it lasts is up to the person actually consuming it as to how long it last. It provides no positive aspects to it really that can actually help the person drinking it. And at the same time, you can say a person may abuse the recipe and turn everyone into mini people, but so can most things on this server be abused.. I personally would ask this idea to be reconsidered, though at the end of the day. I am not an LM, nor are many of the others who have seen this lore and liked it, or disliked it. But even still, the abuse of this is more a what if situation than what would most likely happen. The only thing I can really see to balance it is say. The person who drinks it gains an immunity to the potion after one or two uses. And either requires a higher tier recipe, or simply have no way to reverse it.

Since this lore is still up to reply to, just wanted to say I disagree with this personally and so have the majority of people who have seen the post. The potion may be powerful, but it really is more whimsical than anything, as the RP and time it lasts is up to the person actually consuming it as to how long it last. It provides no positive aspects to it really that can actually help the person drinking it. And at the same time, you can say a person may abuse the recipe and turn everyone into mini people, but so can most things on this server be abused.. I personally would ask this idea to be reconsidered, though at the end of the day. I am not an LM, nor are many of the others who have seen this lore and liked it, or disliked it. But even still, the abuse of this is more a what if situation than what would most likely happen. The only thing I can really see to balance it is say. The person who drinks it gains an immunity to the potion after one or two uses. And either requires a higher tier recipe, or simply have no way to reverse it.

1. Potions can be forced

2. You're breaking lore of equivalent exchange by removing mass or volume or whatever by shrinking someone

3. Ever seen all those ideas of people wanting to completely change their looks? This is a lot worse than many others that have been denied.

Something might be whimsical but if it's clearly very easily abused, lore breaking, and extreme powerful, then it can not be accepted.