Brotherhood Of The Holy Palatinate

John Ivory

L32T93J.png

Brotherhood of the Holy Palatinate

I Shall Not Falter

A steel song rings from the souls of all the faithful, my friends, but only those chosen as the Bulwark of the Faith shall find their ears ringing with it's brilliant, bursting crescendo.

By the brilliance of the Creator and all of his children, and by the authority of High Pontiff Daniel I, and to be outlined in the First Bull of Cyriaum, the Brotherhood of the Holy Palatinate shall be accepting preliminary applications prior to it’s formal formation under the command of Ser Godwin Myre, Commandant of the Holy See. The Brotherhood's garrison is located in Cyriaum, just east of Petrus.

The Palatine Code

I. STATIONS

i. It is we who stand as guardians of the High Pontiff.

ii. It is we who shall protect the Creator's faithful from evil, whenever possible.

iii. It is we who hunt all worshippers of evil and practitioners of darkness.

iv. It is we who keep watch in the lands of the Holy See, and uphold peace and order.

v. It is we who shall be the Vanguard of any Holy Crusades.

vi. It is we who shall carry out the sentences of those convicted of crimes against the Faith and the Holy See.

vii. It is we who shall train the Cyriaum citizen militia in times of need.

II. TENETS

i. It is we who share, with tolerance and understanding, the word of the Lord.

ii. It is we who maintain a powerful and unwavering faith in the Creator and His word.

iii. It is we who shall seek to embody Horen's Virtue and Owyn's Spirit.

iv. It is we who strive to deliver upon the faithful the embodiments of Godfrey's Gospel and Siegmund's Auspices.

v. It is we who obey, without question, the hierarchy of the Brotherhood, and ultimately word of the High Pontiff.

vi. It is we who shall embrace our fellow Palatines as Brothers, and treat them as such.

vii. It is we who know to violate the Palatine Code is to be stripped of his rank and to be exiled in disgrace.

The Hierarchy

SENIOR COMMAND

--Commandant--

The Commandant is the absolute commander of the Brotherhood, whose direct authority is superseded only by the High Pontiff himself. The Commandant advises the High Pontiff and the entire Holy See largely on military matters; primarily defensive. The High Pontiff selects and removes the Commandant at will.

--Chaplain--

The Chaplain is the Commandant’s eyes and ears, as well as his voice. The Overseer is an extremely loyal, competent, virtuous, and respected member of the Brotherhood. The Chaplain has all the powers of command within the Brotherhood that the Commandant has, but can be overridden by the Commandant at any time. The Commandant may add or remove Chaplains at will.

HIGH COMMAND

--First Palatine--

The First Palatine is a proven, experienced and competent Brother. He is entrusted with drilling the enlisted, leading and organizing patrols and watches, and is the first rank permitted to carry the Standard of the Holy See into battle. First Palatines oftentimes are given specific tasks along with their rank, depending on their individual skills, such as Quartermaster or Disciplinarian.

ENLISTED

--Palatine--

The Palatine is a veteran guardsman who has proven his virtuosity, loyalty, and efficiency.

The Palatine is the first rank permitted to wear the Lorraine upon his tabard. He is the primary backbone of the Brotherhood, and makes up the majority of the patrols and lines. The Palatine may select a newly promoted Gardist as their direct apprentice. The Palatine who disobeys a single order immediately suffers severe punishment, including, at the least, demotion.

--Gardist--

The Gardist is one finally fully recognized and initiated as a member of the Brotherhood. He has proven himself capable of more extensive training, and receives it from the High Command during scheduled drills, or from an Ensign who selects them as their apprentice. The Gardist’s status as a newly initiated Guard gives him a small amount of slack in disciplinary situations, and High Command may be more lenient with them depending on their time as a Gardist and the offense. The Gardist is the first rank permitted to wear the colors of the Holy See upon his tabard.

--Initiate--

The Initiate is one who dwells in the Pool of Consideration, and has not been selected from the Pool or been directly Chosen to bypass the Pool. He is not yet a member of the Palatine Guard, and therefore his actions do not reflect the Guard. The Initiate is considered under a trial phase, and he undergoes basic training to consider his worth.

The Selection

To serve in the Palatine Guard, one must be of at least sixteen years, a male, of the Human race and a faithful member of the Church of the Canon.

I. To Be Considered

Any faithful man above the age of sixteen may actively apply to the Consideration Pool. If their application is accepted, they shall be given room and board and the title “Initiate.” During their time in the Consideration Pool, no man is considered a member of the Palatine Guard. They shall, however, be expected to attend to whatever duties are assigned to them by any Officer of the Brotherhood, as well as attending regular drills, competitions, and sermons.

Through these means, the Commandant and his officers shall evaluate each and every initiate and decide upon the fate of that initiate.

Below is the public application to the Consideration Pool.

[OOC]

MCName:

[RP]

Name:

Nationality:

Past Group Affiliations:

[OOC]

MCName: TornadoWatch

[RP]

Name: Fredrik Vasa

Nationality: Hansetian; Orenian, Human, etc.

Past Group Affiliations: Not much to speak of; I did some military work in the Fringe.

[OOC]

MCName: TornadoWatch

[RP]

Name: Fredrik Vasa

Nationality: Hansetian; Orenian, Human, etc.

Past Group Affiliations: Not much to speak of; I did some military work in the Fringe.

Accepted for initiation, please report to the keep! (x1126, z230)

[OOC]

MCName:Galendar_Aveere

[RP]

Name: Ser Charles Valois

Nationality: Auvergnian/Heartlander

Past Group Affiliations: Knight of Renatus, OSL, Random fighting.

[OOC]

MCName:Galendar_Aveere

[RP]

Name: Ser Charles Valois

Nationality: Auvergnian/Heartlander

Past Group Affiliations: Knight of Renatus, OSL, Random fighting.

As you've already been accepted, you are welcome to come to the keep.

[OOC]

MCName: Anawkin52

[RP]

Name: Seigfried Tayls

Nationality: Oreninian, Human

Past Group Affiliations: None.

[OOC]

MCName: Anawkin52

[RP]

Name: Seigfried Tayls

Nationality: Oreninian, Human

Past Group Affiliations: None.

As you've already been accepted, you are welcome to come to the keep.

[OOC]

MCName: Briton1

[RP]

Name: Borin Tahle

Nationality: Human

Past Group Affiliations: None

---

Let it be known that Konstantin Vilcan and John Vilcan have both been promoted to the rank Gardist!

[OOC]

MCName: Cjmate8

[RP]

Name: Jean Valois

Nationality: Heartlander

Past Group Affiliations: Karovia levy

[OOC]

MCName: Cjmate8

[RP]

Name: Jean Valois

Nationality: Heartlander

Past Group Affiliations: Karovia levy

[OOC]

MCName: Reznc

[RP]

Name: John Advhakardo

Nationality: Oren

Past Group Affiliations: No past affiliations

[OOC]

MCName: Reznc

[RP]

Name: John Advhakardo

Nationality: Oren

Past Group Affiliations: No past affiliations

You have unfortunately been denied access to the initiation process. You are too young to join our Brotherhood and must be above the age sixteen to be initiated.

You have unfortunately been denied access to the initiation process. You are too young to join our Brotherhood and must be above the age sixteen to be initiated.

I didn't know if age meant the age you really are, or rp age, so I put my real age,

I didn't know if age meant the age you really are, or rp age, so I put my real age,

OOC: RP age