[Lore] Serthek'fikt, 'harbored Souls'. (Edited)

Drak3

This would be interesting, 

+1

This isn't a criticism of the lore or anything, but are you aware that this entire process is actually golemancy's process?

The taking of a aurum core, runing it, stabbing someone in the chest and trapping their soul and then using it to re-animate the body?

I feel that to be able to perform this, golemancy should be a pre-requisite because from what I can see you could actually do this with golemancy by just runeing the bones them selves and it uses a incredibly similar if not almost identical concept.

This isn't a criticism of the lore or anything, but are you aware that this entire process is actually golemancy?

Golem's don't have phalacteries. or whatever.

Condensed and solid balls of lifeforce that can be carried, moved, etc. that contain a certain undead's soul.

Edit: Not "undead" as in antagonistic, obviously.

Edited by VampsWillDie

Golem's don't have phalacteries. or whatever.

Condensed and solid balls of lifeforce that can be carried, moved, etc. that contain a certain undead's soul.

Edit: Not "undead" as in antagonistic, obviously.

Right, but the actual process described is by all means near identical to Golemancy's. 

Right, but the actual process described is by all means near identical to Golemancy's. 

Well a soul has to be played with SOMEhow.

It's a good reason, but the intentions behind the lore should to rather be the actions of providing a more subtle antagonistic force, to me it sounds like you Necromancers get another new toy while a lot of us other folk coyly watch, and kind of veer off to try and find a true antagonist.

I've no doubt it's good lore, but I don't feel it'll create more role-play. It could certainly make RP interesting, though. Mhmn, for now a +1

but, I don't want it to be another of those clique things that are kept away from those who wish to try and play as one, that'd be rather cheap. 

First of all, to address this, this creature will be restricted to Master TIer Necromancers only, which is a locked magic. This means it will be stuck within a clique no matter what else happens. As for finding a "true" Antagonist, I have no idea what that means.

This isn't a criticism of the lore or anything, but are you aware that this entire process is actually golemancy's process?

The taking of a aurum core, runing it, stabbing someone in the chest and trapping their soul and then using it to re-animate the body?

I feel that to be able to perform this, golemancy should be a pre-requisite because from what I can see you could actually do this with golemancy by just runeing the bones them selves and it uses a incredibly similar if not almost identical concept.

As for this, I don't know where to start. This is not Golemancy. This is based around a combination of the Lichdom and Wightdom rituals, which have been with Necromancy for a very very long time now. Golemancy would certainly not be added to the list of needed magics as it has nothing to do with it.

With how it was discussed with me, it sounded like these creatures would be masses of flesh or distorted bodily material, or the possession of corpses. I feel a Deathstalker vibe, as I mentioned before - will you assure me this won't discredit them?

It wouldn't discredit the Death stalker type of Lich one bit. Since they can only be created by a Wraith, or with a Wraith added into the ritual. I Assure you that the lore I have written here will not conflict with what has been recorded on the Wraith-Liches you've taken time on. As for what these beings are. Think of the object they hold as their true form. The body they use is nothing more than a puppet. A tool for the soul incased inside the object/weapon to use for whatever it's purpose be. Though no flesh would be left as it's cooked away by the ethereal fires that lightly coat the body it controls.

The Wraith(s) only would be able to create Deathstalkers because their creation is coveted and secret, but can be created just like any other Lich can - it's only an altered way of doing things. Would you say these creatures would able to act as undead warriors, like Deathstalkers, and utilize a greater draining ability, like Deathstalkers? If so, I would suggest some kind of change -- otherwise I'll be reading the lore more incase I missed any of those details.

They're able to wear armor. Though battling to the standards of a Death Stalker in melee combat isn't going to happen. They may gain the strength of an Uruk, yes. but their bones can be shattered all the same. They can only drain as well if they're holding the object that binds their soul to the mortal plane. And as far as I knew. Only a Wraith can make the Death Stalkers since it literally takes the Wraith to imprint a part of themselves into that Lich. Which is what cuts them off from magic. You understand since you had written it up. Which I would think would make sense for making such beings.

I've gone through and edited this lore according to the wishes of those who aided in pointing out the kinks on how it operates.

Sorry, but this has been [Denied]

The main reason was due to the large similarities between this creature and also the already present liches, we're not exactly wanting repeats of what is already present.

Thanks anyways!